Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Sky Runner EP

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 10:03 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sky Runner EP

I am looking at buying one of these. Does anyone out there have one or have seen of them? Are they any good? They are made by World Models and sold in the USA by Airborne Models. My flying skills are about a 6 (1_10) so I thought that this would be a nice relaxed flying model. Any info is good info. Thanks. DKM
Old 11-09-2010, 11:32 AM
TIA

Default RE: Sky Runner EP

Yep! I have one. Fun model I just have so many planes I don't get to go out and use it much.

One warning to heed is to be careful with your turns (not too sharp) and do not overpower it.

Mine is overpowered with a Hacker outrunner but I've got very careful throttle management.

I get longer flight times that way as well.

Reason I make the warning is the plane has a weak spar and will fold if not careful.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:47 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I was flying mine yesterday. Lost of fun but I would not consider it a relaxing model. Those wings have very little dihedral. Great for aerobatics, but no so good for relaxed floating. This is moreof a warmliner.

If you want something in an relaxing floaty e-glider, the Radian would be my recommendation.

My SkyRunneris several years old, fromwhen they used to package it with the Speed 400 motor. I replaced that with a brushless.She climbs straight up. Mine is about 20 ounces and the motor is pushing about 130 watts on a 3 cell lipo.HS-55 servos all around. Today they include a brushless outrunner. Much better package.
http://www.airborne-models.com/html/...?ProductID=100

Quite aerobatic. The older ARF had a bit of a incidence problem with the tail. It had too much "up" in the bed where you glued in the h-stab. I should really cut the stab off, and fix it, but I fly it just as it is. Won't really do axial rolls, more of a barrel roll. I think if I fixed the stab it would roll better.

Still, it is great fun, and if the lift is good you can thermal it. I was alternating between this and my Radian.

If you do a search in the RCU magazine you will find the review I did of the earlier ARF.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:26 PM
TIA

LOL! Your review way back when was what convinced me to buy mine.

I dropped in a Hacker 20-20L.

Compared to my Suprise and Raketenwurm hotliners, it is tame.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:11 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

That is why I call it a warmliner.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:03 PM
MMR

I had one, definetly a warmliner.
It has a semi-symetrical airfoil and is good for aerobatics, horsing around,etc. I guess in the right conditions you can thermal a plank of balsa- that being said - this is not aplane that will thermal all day long, probably better suited for medium air on the slope.Veryfewslopes where I live, so I ended up selling it to fund other projects. Had fun while Ihad it...

My $0.02

Martin