Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Fun Day Flying

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 06:24 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun Day Flying

Well we had an afternoon good enough to fly a bit. So my bud and I went out with a couple of electrics. My little Firefly and his Radian. Plenty of lift, we were getting 6 to 8 easy minutes after a power up. Well we wanted to find his Radian's "Magic Window" and he kept making passes but mostly still to high. So I sugested he do a couple af medium sized circles to burn off some altitude. That #&^@ thing wouldn't come down at all. He had found yet another thermal. We were laughing so hard it was hard to see the glider but it was going up at a good clip so he went with till it fizzled out and the day was done. Any time you laugh that much flying is a good day[8D]
Old 02-24-2011, 01:07 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fun Day Flying

Reminds us of what this hobby is all about. A good day of flying when it brings a smile to your face.