Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
FluFfy ASW 28 2530mm/100" Fiber Glass/Balsa Electric Glider Motor & ESC? >

FluFfy ASW 28 2530mm/100" Fiber Glass/Balsa Electric Glider Motor & ESC?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

FluFfy ASW 28 2530mm/100" Fiber Glass/Balsa Electric Glider Motor & ESC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Motor & ESC HELP please?

I'm new to electric gliders but have flown non-electric gliders. I purchase a FlyFIy ASW 28 2530mm/100" Fiber Glass/Balsa Electric Glider. Can anyone advise me of what motor and ESC that I will need to launch this glider at good rate. The manufacturer suggests a 720kv outrunner and a 40A/Bec ESC. I would like to buy other than the FlyFly motor and ESC, like e-flight motors and ESC or some other manufacturers motor and ESC.
Thanks, George

Last edited by gmsauer; 02-25-2017 at 07:32 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:41 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The Kv value is only one of the specs needed to find a matching motor. You also need to watch the maximum continuous and burst power ratings and maximum current rating.

Can anyone advise me of what motor and ESC that I will need to launch this glider at good rate.
That statement suggests that you are looking for a motor that will provide roughly 100 watts per lb so you get a nearly straight up climb. look at the specs for the ready to fly weight of the model and base your motor selection on the weight on pounds x 110. The extra 10% is so you select a motor that will not be right at its limit when powered up to 100 watts per lb. Helps the motor to run a little cooler. And you're not in a contest where every last gram matters.

With that number in mind go motor shopping.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:21 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would a Turnigy SK3 Glider Drive fit in there. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...3-5-960kv.html. ESC - https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...-w-5a-bec.html.