Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Heli always rotating

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli always rotating

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; "><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">Hey Guys,
</span><div style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">I dont know if this is the best place to ask this but i will...
I have a 6ch heli, and it has a problem rotating if i try to lift,
The tail rotor is blowing air in the right direction, spins in the right direction,
but still it rotates counter to the blades.. my rotation controls wont help it, it goes up in the air rotating at high speeds.
Can anyone help me in this if anyone had the same experience and fixed it....

Thank you in advance. </div></span>
Old 08-23-2011, 12:55 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Heli always rotating

check your gyro direction it is most likely backwards.

Rafael
Old 08-23-2011, 07:53 PM

<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; "><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">Im sorry for asking.. but i didnt get what you meant by gyro direction...</div><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">But my gyro is fixed right as its suppose to.</div></span>
Old 08-23-2011, 11:41 PM

Try moving the reverse switch on the gyro to the other setting.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:23 AM
My Feedback: (2)

hold the heli in you hand power it up but have your throttle cut on or 2 wires to the motor unplugged so it cant accidentally spool up and turn the heli left and right  watch the slider and see if when you turn the bird left is the slider moving right  and vice versa
Old 08-27-2011, 02:39 AM

Sorry guys for not replying a long time, i was trying out things,<div>I found in the first place that the gear of the tail rotor was loose, So i fixed it,</div><div>the rotational controls worked for a while then now it is somewhat stable at mild lift</div><div>and slowly rotating, but my right rotation control doesnt work at all, i checked for almost every thing and everything is right, even the stroke of the tail servo, any ideas on anything that could help me counter this?</div>
Old 08-29-2011, 04:20 PM

ok lets start out from the beginning here if you stand directly over the bird facing like u r sitting in the bird flying it  rotate the main blades clockwise does the tail rotor turn counter clockwise if looking directly at the tail from the right side? now if you power the bird up and hold it in your hands with throttle hold on and you turn the nose left does the tail pitch slider  move right? if you input from the radio left or right tail input does the slider move? or do you mean when your up in the air the nose doesnt stay locked in "drifting "and point in 1 direction until you tell it to turn?  have you tried to rebind? have u changed the values in the radio or messed with gain knob on gyro? what kind of heli are we talking about ? what kind of servo and gyro? is it belt drive,  torque tube or electric motor  driven?
Old 08-30-2011, 11:18 PM

OK here ====&gt;<div>I got a Genesis 450PE,</div><div>The tail is goes anti-clockwise, and rotors clockwise,</div><div>The gyro seems to be working in the right direction when i hold the heli in my hand and move it,</div><div>If i power it up, my clockwise rotation control wont work, in the sense that there is no response even after the servo gives the stroke,</div><div>From what i have done, there seems to be no problem, </div><div>Plus my head lock gyro wont keep the head LOCKED in one position.... </div><div>Well, you'll get all the info from the web about my heli.</div><div>
</div>
Old 08-31-2011, 03:29 AM

so the servo doesnt turn 1 direction ? or it turns but the tail pitch slider doesnt move ? i have a few of these tails and heads i stocked up for 29 bucks a pop and use them on the blade 400 and my exi i had 1 of mine brand new the shaft was bent and the slider would go all the way left but when trying to come back to the right it wouldnt slide it would hang up and the rod would just flex is this what is happening? i have no idea about that gyro  have you tried rc discuss on xhelis page?
Old 08-31-2011, 04:06 AM

check belt tension ! if the tail slider is moving left and right and check mechanical setup as well unplug gyro from rx then plug in tail servo in to rudder channel turn on but dont spool up and check slider for center shaft and that the servo horn is at 90 of it is not centered simply loosen the servo holder on the boom slide it fwd or back you can eyeball for center but the perfectionists measure this once centered lock it down put wires back and try i have a hck of a time keeping my boom statonary with the aluminum boom bracket and belt tension is critical.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:42 AM

gyro direction problems I think