Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
 Where to get parts and accessories >

Where to get parts and accessories

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Where to get parts and accessories

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get parts and accessories

I am new, and currently have E-flite 120SR and the SR. I was suckered in with the SR by everything I saw online talking about how easy it is to fly for CP. I purchased the 120 SR used as something to get used to the controls. I will admit that I am having fun with it, getting to know how to fly. In the meantime, I joined a club, and they are being very helpful in getting the SR set up. With the resident expert doing the work, and about 10 hours, we are close.
He has pointed out some items I should have spares. I have the basics, blades, fly bar, main and feathering shaft etc. It seems that since I purchased this thing, my local store has decided to stop stocking parts for it (figures), but can order them. I also would like to get batteries and upgrade some items, but curious where online I can look.
Some things I would like to find, and would rather find 1 or 2 places. I need tools. Ball link pliers, hex screw driver, blade balancer etc.
I would also like to get batteries. The e-flite ones are never in stock, even on the company site. I think I would rather have aftermarket just so I can get larger capacity batteries. I am also looking for a multi charger.
Anyone have any thoughts on this one? Seems like a good price, 4 at a time is nice. Says it can do about every batter under the sun.
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.xheli.com/75p-t6-multi-charger.html">www.xheli.com/75p-t6-multi-charger.html
<br type="_moz" /></a>I would also like to find a case for my radio (Spektrum DX6i). Now, I can find about everything, at various locations, but is there some superstore online that you can share with me?
Old 08-26-2011, 06:04 PM

Default RE: Where to get parts and accessories

I have bought a bunch of parts and two heli's from xheli.com.. the stuff came quick and with no problems every time. the only thing for me is they are on the west coast and i am on the east coast.. Local places around here seem to eflite spares in stock. I found a pretty cool bag that hold multiple heli's transmitters and parts for 60 bucks on horizonhobby.com it is red and black call wing tote.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:34 PM

Default RE: Where to get parts and accessories

<p style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;background:white" class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:black">I've had really good luck withparts at amazon. <span> </span>Here's anexample of a a search result for r/chelicopter parts. <span> </span>WhatI like about amazon is the availability of customer reviews of the product andvendor. <span> </span>I always go therefor parts just for that reason, even if I plan on buying from somewhere else.<o></o></span></p>