Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Copter/X 450 Black Angel >

Copter/X 450 Black Angel

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Copter/X 450 Black Angel

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Copter/X 450 Black Angel

I got my CX450BA flying again with a CX-3x1000 Gyro, AR6100 RX, HK DS922 digital servos and FUSONIC Digital metal servo for the tail. ... It is hovering happily but it has a strange bounce in the air...

I have checked the tracking, phasing, blade balance, shaft, feathering shaft, brushless motor, tail shaft and blades, Gyro gain. The only thing I have not changed are the servos...

No idea why the bouncing. Something on the setup of the Gyro?
Old 03-25-2015, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by TATIG
I got my CX450BA flying again with a CX-3x1000 Gyro, AR6100 RX, HK DS922 digital servos and FUSONIC Digital metal servo for the tail. ... It is hovering happily but it has a strange bounce in the air...

I have checked the tracking, phasing, blade balance, shaft, feathering shaft, brushless motor, tail shaft and blades, Gyro gain. The only thing I have not changed are the servos...

No idea why the bouncing. Something on the setup of the Gyro?
It is more like a bounce, instead of a bobbing nose.

I have the heli up in a hover at 1.70mts and it is not stable... When I mean bounce, I am saying that the heli does not stay in place and it goes up-down with no stick control.... I leave the sticks alone for a second and you can see a small drift (as the tail stay put on HH) and the heli on an up-down(bounce) attitude.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:05 PM

A small vid with the problem .... more power, bouncing gets worse....

[h=1][/h]http://youtu.be/P3ZHkuR_BFM
Old 04-02-2015, 02:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Gosh with everything you have looked at I can't really tell what it might be. It appears to be out of balance or a slightly bent main shaft. Possibly the tightness of the main rotor or tail blades? My Raptor was acting weird once and it ended up being the clutch liner was warn out causing slipping. In fact it actually slipped out of the housing I think and the heli was doing a weird motion while hovering.