Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Tail Rotor Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 01:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tail Rotor Question

A friend bought a new Blade 450X and he has a Specktrum DX7s. He asked me a question I didn't know and hopefully there is an easy fix that someone here might know. When he gives input to the tail...it will go right or left like it should but it won't go back to 0 pitch on the tail rotor unless he manually gives it input. He is not able to "bump" the tail input stick because it will keep going left or right until he gives it input back. Am I explaining this right? I am sure there is a simple answer....I have just never had this problem before. Any thoughts?
Old 04-20-2015, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is because the gyro is acting in Heading Hold Mode. It will do that on the bench, but in the air, once he points the heli to a particular heading it will hold it there. Just make sure to get the blades as close to center at take off which will help with the take off.

Also I would think one of the switches on the TX will switch the gyro mode from HH to Yaw Rate. In the Yaw rate mode the control will go back to center on the bench, but the HH mode will do as you describe.

Last edited by rotordoc1; 04-20-2015 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Rotor....he got it figured out. I thought he was hovering when it happened but he was actually on the ground. It works fine when in the air.