Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
 question about Piccolo >

question about Piccolo

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

question about Piccolo

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 04:36 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about Piccolo

hi guys im new to the world of flight and helis but i been looking up info on this i like to try it and i was woundering if a Piccolo heli is a good starter heli i like it alot but was wounderig if anyone here had feed back and if any has any other one that are in the same price range
thanks
vince
Old 08-10-2004, 05:52 PM

Default RE: question about Piccolo

hmm, remember that rc helis are hobbies not toys,

anyway you can get a hummingbird for £200 complete set... your question is a bit genral.. have a look through the threads archives... this is a age-old question

Paris
Old 08-10-2004, 09:47 PM
My Feedback: (2)

ok thank i thought it was but i look didnt see much about this heli and u say the humming bird a good one
Old 08-11-2004, 03:59 AM
My Feedback: (5)

The piccolo is a pretty good heli, it's very similar to the Hummingbird. For some reason, my Hummingbird seemed smoother though so I'd rather have the Hummingbird.

A fp version would be ok. to start with as they are very durable/crash friendly. The downfall is that micros are not the easiest to fly and especially to learn on. I've heard of many nitro flyers that tried a micro and got frustrated and quit. Although it is possible to learn on if you have a decent size area to learn on and/or it's very calm to no wind outdoors where you live. If you don't have the luzury of either of those, you will need to get a bigger heli to have a way better chance of not quitting.

A Hummingbird or something similar will be the cheapest way in though, just get some training gear, make sure your heli is set up properly and get yourself a good hh gyro like a gy 240, it's well worh the extra $, it will greatly increase your learning, greatly reduce frustration and you can use that gyro on bigger heli's later. If you can, get a good simulator, this will also really help your learning process and you can always use it, 3D'ers and pros even still use them to try new things before trying it on the real thing.