Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
 Need help choosing first chopper >

Need help choosing first chopper

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Need help choosing first chopper

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help choosing first chopper

can you plz tell me whats better??

THUNDER TIGER RAPTOR 30 V2
WEBRA 35H
THUNDER TIGER MUFFLER
JR XP662 w/5 SERVOS
CSM ICG180 GYRO

Price: £468.09£550.01 (Including: VAT at 17.5%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THUNDER TIGER RAPTOR 30 ARTF V2
(This model is with TT39 Engine, TT Muffler & ballraced)
JR XP662 w/5 SERVOS
CSM ICG180 GYRO

their both same price but can you tell me whats better?
thanks
Ben
Old 10-12-2004, 02:19 PM

Default RE: Need help choosing first chopper

Both are going to be able the same. The webra is made on your side of the pond and most people that I have met love Webras. The Thunder Tiger engine will be a pain the rear to tune. It flies great when it is, but personally I rather have an engine will keep running. Out of curiousity why are you looking at that radio? If you can afford it get a better one the 8103 is the US version. Not sure the numbers for it on your side of the pond. It is soo much easier to program. If price matters, see about getting an airtronics radio. Not a bad price and it is much better than the 662. The gyro you are looking at is a decent one. One thing to remember when looking at these, is not to go cheap, because it won't be long and you will want to upgrade. The gyro and radio on the heli are the one items you should spend a little more on. The 401/9254 futaba combo is nice.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:07 AM
My Feedback: (1)

I hated my TT39, maybe got a bad one? lots of folks love em, lots of folks hate them, never tried the webra, not a popular choice here, but i have never heard anything bad about them. The new OS 37 is worth a look too. just became available here so i haven't flown one, but one of my buddies has and loves it.

I still fly with the 652 (older brother of the 662) not bad, does everything i need, but i will never be able to add a governor. but don't really want one anyway. (simple is good) i also fly the 6102, prefer the 6102 because of the display and program features are a littel nicer.

Never tried a CSM gyro, but i have heard from relaible sources they are not nearly as good as the futaba gyros. the gy401 is the favorite in my area . i have one with the digital servo and one with a standard cheap servo, both work great, recomend starting with the standard servo, saves a lot of money that way. less money on the tail servo and more on a good quality engine is an excelent trade off IMO.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:22 PM

I'd recommend the Webra 35 - I've got one in a Venture 30 CP and I LOVE IT! Great power and transition. Also, I'd recommend the 6102 radio and JR's G500T/810G tail combo - you'll have a rock-solid eli for quite some time!!
Old 10-21-2004, 03:12 PM

get it without engine and get an os 37 far superior