Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Ergo 60.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 02:38 PM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ergo 60.

OK, just a very simple question. Please don't fight over this, I tried a search and didn't find what I was looking for so I thought I'd ask.

I know where the Raptor 60 and Freya 60 stand but where does the Ergo 60 sit? Heliproz is selling an Ergo 60 with OS 61 WC engine for $690. I was wondering how good this deal is.

Thanks.
Old 10-19-2002, 03:58 PM
My Feedback: (14)

Default Ergo 60.

It must be the CCPM model, I have owned 3 46's-never the 60 though. I was strongly into Xcell's when I flew 60 sized heli's. The Ergo 46 was a good heli with the 46, but great with the OS 50 I have in it now. It got rid of the running issues I encountered. But I believe the Ergo 60 would be a grand heli. The top frames on my 46 cracked due to the 46 issues. After going with the 50 and not upgrading to the new hi-dollar frames I have had 0 issues with the frames using the 50 OS. Well I'm off to fly at a FF at the Childrens Home today Ltr.
Old 10-20-2002, 12:28 PM

Default Ergo 60.

The Ergo60 is a great machine Rs2K.It builds very fast and the intruction book is great.Heliproz has a better deal on it than you mentioned.Look up their HP Ergo Supersport,it comes with metal swash,ball bearing mixing base,700mm Miniair/Rotorsport carbon mains and couple other upgrades for 599.00.The blades alone are 75 bucks so add that to the 529.00 base price and you can see its quite a good deal.

Im very happy with my machine so far,only issue was getting my gear mesh set.This is the first model that ive had to deal with gear mesh on so it kinda threw me for a loop,never had to deal with gear mesh on my Hawk.

If you want a good solid heli, id say go for it.With the 700mm rotorsports,it auto's like a feather.I can actually auto in and set the heli on the ground and then lift back up for a sec before burning up all the headspeed this thing stores in those blades!
All in all its a good heli,its not a Fury but then again crash parts are alot cheaper than a Fury too...
Old 10-20-2002, 12:40 PM

Default Ergo 60.

By the way,the Ergo60 only comes in standard mix
Old 10-22-2002, 01:45 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default Ergo 60.

Im very happy with my machine so far,only issue was getting my gear mesh set.This is the first model that ive had to deal with gear mesh on so it kinda threw me for a loop,never had to deal with gear mesh on my Hawk.
Here is a tip from the Ergo master. For setting gear mesh I do the following. cut a long strip of paper the same height of the main gear. Feed this between the main gear and the pinion gear by spinning the main gear, it will feed right in. ONce the paper is between the main gear and the pinion push the pinion gear nice and tight to the main gear and tighten the bolts down. remove the paper and the gear mesh is set. Do the same for the tail gear. Works every time. Regular printer paper work great.

RS2K, I have flown Ergos from the start, and have a flown the 60's for the past few years, and they are great. Even in stock form they will fly just fine. I cant say enough good about them. I have never had the desire to switch to any other helicopter since I started, that should say something about them.

If you have any other questions just let them fly, I will be more than happy to answer them.
Old 10-23-2002, 12:28 AM

Default Ergo 60.

What kind of power do you have with your YS engine? I am very interested in going to the 60 size just for shear size. I love the power I get with my rappy 50, any idea what the power difference will be? Does the Ergo 60 come with a muffler? If it doesn't I may go with OS just because I have a CY muscle pipe I'd put on it and I heared that YS engines don't like pipes.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:46 AM

Default Ergo 60.

What does it costs to upgrade to all bearings? What do you think about the Vigor VS the Ergo?
Old 10-24-2002, 09:14 PM

Default Ergo 60.

The power to weight ratio will not be as good as your Rappy.The Ergo is a little heavier than most 60's,but make no mistake,it will still bounce around the sky pretty energetically.The power is still better than a 30size machine though.

Im running 700mm Rotorsports on mine at 185grams and it spins them with authority.
Old 10-25-2002, 03:28 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default Ergo 60.

What does it costs to upgrade to all bearings? What do you think about the Vigor VS the Ergo?
The helicopter already has bearings in 95% of the areas where you need them. It has been a little while since I built a fresh one from a kit, but I do remember that it had bearings everywhere, and bushings in a few of the mixing arms. I have never had a vigor so i cant compare them.
What kind of power do you have with your YS engine?
A lot more than with the OS 61. I am looking at either the YS80 or the YS90 for next year. The OS 61, even with the Muscle pipe just doesnt make the power of the YS. I used a hatori tuned muffler on the YS. I did not have the muscle pipe when the YS was still alive so I did not get a chance to try it, but it made great power with the hatori so I did not have the need.
Does the Ergo 60 come with a muffler?
Nope.
The Ergo is a little heavier than most 60's
Yes it is, but it will poke holes in the sky just fine, and the added weight allows it to flow through stunts with ease. It is a super stable machine, and a real joy to fly.
Old 10-25-2002, 05:47 PM
My Feedback: (14)

Default Ergo 60.

I talked to a JR rep on the phone about bearing placement & bushing areas of placement. He assured me there were bearing on all point were needed and bushings would do the job just fine. Even though I like the idea of having BB's on most control points.
Ricks Heli-Click On Kit Comparison-choose helis RT-Lft Colums
http://www.ronlund.com/