Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

Wife's New Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When...

When you Trade in your "Pefectly Good" Payed Off Sedan for a $30K SUV....so you can er...um....."Take all that stuff to the dump"...
Old 08-01-2002, 11:34 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Default you know your an RC modeller when...

You are making an inverted low pass and then pull UP on the elevator
You get to the field and realize your transmitter is still on charge at home
You will go flying when it's 104 but you wont cut the grass for your wife cause" it's too hot out there"
You buy a $600 mini lathe to make $5 airplane parts
You can program a multifunction 9 channel computer radio but you can figure out your VCR
You have a dog-eared Tower Hobbies catalog in your bathroom
You spend $12.50 to get your wife some costume jewelry and $365 for r/c stuff and figure everything is even
You consider a Sunday picnic a few hot dogs and some soda at the field
Your wedding anniversary falls on the weekend of a fly in and you actually think about your choices
You shop Toys-R-Us for pilots
You have balls of dust on top of your living room furniture
You have EVER glued your hands together with CA and have had to use an exacto knife in your teeth to cut them apart.
You have built two right wings for a single winged plane
You are shopping for land to build your dream home on and would rather have open pastureland than rolling wooded hills
You have at least 3 planes in separate stages of completion
You think R/C flying should be an Olympic event.
You wear goggles and a silk scarf around your neck on the way to the field
You have at least 10 T-shirts with airplanes on them
You use more waxed paper building planes than your wife does baking
You buy the "wife and kids" a new Pentium 3 computer for Christmas so you can practice with the Dave Brown flight simulator
You introduce your wife as your co- pilot
Old 08-30-2002, 05:40 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Default Wife's New Car

Got really good deal on 107" P-38......won't fit in Jeep Cherokee that is the transport device for the current airforce......17 year old son wants Cherokee.....new paint job.....kid happy.....wife has "older" Suburban that I feel so bad for her to drive this old car.....Get wife newer Durango with all the bells and whistles.....I tell her it is OK for me to drive the old clunker Suburban......she deserves a new car.......Paint goes to hell on Suburban now sitting outside ( We do not put momma's car in the sun!!).....new paint job for the Suburban......Don't ask$$$.....My good deal on the Used P-38.......now worth $25,000,,,,,,,but it fits inside the Suburban with two A/C's on the way to the field with a driver who is smiling.......Life is good!!!
Old 10-16-2002, 12:49 PM

...everytime you drive past a farm you wonder if the farmer will mow two or three acres for you to fly on...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2003, 03:36 PM
My Feedback: (3)

You've ever built a plane so big it won't get out of your upstairs shop...
You've ever bought a big plane and thought about where you are going to put it AFTER you get home
You buy a new weedeater just for the engine thats on it
You spend 15 bucks a gallon on glow fuel and complain about the high gas prices
Old 01-19-2003, 11:33 AM

Only a modeler would understand the importance of a roll of tape in the flight box. On a flight on Piedmont Airlines to Florida with my family, I was concerned that my son would cut his finger on a loose cigarette ash tray in the arm of the seat so I requested the stewardess to do something about it. She wrapped it with duct tape (which certainly corrected the problem) but wasn't too pleased with my question "Do you think it will fly now?"

Roodester
Old 01-20-2003, 12:03 PM

You order something and then when it arrives you get excited over the foam it came packed in.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]