Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Humor
Things you should NOT do at the field >

Things you should NOT do at the field

Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

Things you should NOT do at the field

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 11:33 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Things you should NOT do at the field

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	56153_7722.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	35142  
Old 02-18-2003, 04:07 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first day I ever watched an r/c plane fly at my field, a guy was doing low pass high speed fly by's. Trying to impress me and my two young sons, he was rolling knife-edge to knife-edge at 5 feet above the ground. After rolling 230 degrees instead of 180, he pulled up instead of down and a spray of white styrofoam covered the ground. I am surprised I didn't get a mouthful of transmitter after my naive comments. (ie what happened, can you fix it, do you crash often.....)

A few years later, I know better.......
Old 02-18-2003, 04:21 PM
My Feedback: (26)

I did it without the help of anyone yelling.... I took off with my Scat Cat 500 and proceeded to fly the whole flight inverted. I rolled upright and came in to land. When it came time to flare for landing I was so used to pushing down to go up that that's what I did. So the nose was abruptly planted. I got a laugh out of it.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:30 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Our club chairwoman was learning to fly ( yes i know that sounds weird ) on a Limbo dancer when she strayed over the pits, like she would for us we all starting shoulting over "no flying over the pits" with lots of laughs, i shoulted "no flying" and about 3 seconds later she didnt.. ooops
too little rates on the tranny to pull it out of a shallowish dive
Old 02-20-2003, 04:18 PM
My Feedback: (25)

I almost did that at the IMAC Nationals last year. Came out of a loop and was straight and level for the end box maneuver. For some reaon, I had a brain fart and pushed down instead of pulling up. The nose started down so I pused harder. Luckily, I realized what I was doing and saved it with a couple of inches to spare. Zeroed the maneuver, felt really stupid, but saved the airplane - guess it ain't all bad!!!
Old 02-22-2003, 11:08 PM

Once I had a nice Contender .60
A friend of mine was flying. I noticed the Transmitter antenna was coming loose so I was trying to make sure it wouldn't come off while he was flying. well I had my back to the airplane and all I heard was the engine perking nicely then THUMP and all Quiet! Oh No! What The heck!!!!!???? Well, while trying to fix the antenna. I pulled the Transmitter sticks away from his fingers LOL would have been fine except I couldn't see he was doing an inverted pass!!!!!! DOH!!!!!! scratch one TF Contender 60 LOL Boy we still have a good hard laugh about that one!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2003, 08:22 PM

!!!!! LOL!!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 02:49 AM
My Feedback: (16)

I like that one.
While the transmitter fit nicely, I wonder about the sticks!
Old 03-03-2003, 10:32 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I was draggin the tail of my Zlin down the runway. I added power and started to climb over the trees at the end of the field. Jim, standing behind me said "watch out for the trees". For some reason I will never figure out, this triggered full up elevator. The plane was set up very very touchy. There is a gully along one side of the field. The plane disapeard into the gully, and I learned a long time ago, don't quit flying it till 10 seconds after it crashed. I added power and kept the up elevator, and all of a sudden it popped out of the gully. Just as it came into sight, It snapped and went back in. Thistime, it was too close to the vertical side wall of the gully. Boy was that a long climb. The end of a good plane. All they could say was " let me look at your radio, there has to be a problem". I kept saying I screwed up and they kept saying no way. Took a while to make them realize what I did.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:21 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We were having a big multi-club fly-in a few years back.

One of the better pilots in our club showed up with about $1,000 worth of Sukhoi. He got it off the ground and realized his ailerons were reversed.

Rather than attempt to land this way, he got it up a couple mistakes high and went inverted so his turns would be right. THEN, he had his buddy reach over his shoulders in an attempt to reverse the ailerons.

His buddy accidently reversed the elevator.... You can guess the rest!
Old 03-12-2003, 10:28 AM

when I'm inverted my ailerons still work the same way around, however, inverted i'd be happier if my elevator was the wrong way around
Old 03-15-2003, 01:19 AM

Default Near Catastrophe

About 4 years ago, I was at our flying site. I had brought two planes with me that operated on two different frequencies. Well, after flying the first one, I decided to fly the other. But I forgot to go to the impound shed and get the pin for the frequency that I flew the second plane on. So I am up in the air with my Advance 40 and all of a sudden it went absolutely ape sh*t. Turns out another flier had arrived and he flew on that same frequency and he was checking the control throws on his plane. Everyone at the field was ducking for cover. That Advance 40 did some manuevers that I could never imagine trying deliberately. At one point my plane was headed straight (and very low) right towards the pits at full throttle inverted!! I hollered out asking anyone if they were on Ch. 43. Fortunately, the other flier instantly turned his transmitter off. One wing tip just missed hitting the runway. Fortunately also, I stayed with the plane and regaining control, I managed to circle over the parking lot and then landed safely. Talk about a lesson learned. It was nothing short of miraculous that the plane didn't hit someone or something, much less land safely. God, I felt dumber than dirt for a while.