Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
JR 10X programming question. >

JR 10X programming question.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR 10X programming question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 02:20 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR 10X programming question.

I'm experiencing some (hopefully temporary) brain death right now, so am looking for a possible answer from someone who still has one...

This is not really a jet-specific question, but I'm going to ask it here to begin with, as I fell that you jet guys are more likely to understand what I'm trying to do, as well as know how to do it ...

For my Super Bandit, using a 10X TX, I have the speedbrakes on Aux2. The 3 position switch on the top right hand side of the TX correctly sets the speedbrake to up / half / full, and the servo movement is slowed down.

Now, what I wanted to additionally do is have the snap-roll button cause the speedbrake to go to full. This will allow me to "blip" the speedbrake for small corrections, if it is not already fully down. The fact that the servo is slowed makes this work quite well in that a short blip gets only partial travel in addition to short duration.

Right now, this only partially works. It is just fine if I have the 3 position switch in the up position, then pressing the snap roll button does move the speedbrake. However, if the speedbrake is in the mid position already due to the aux2 switch being in the mid position, the snap roll button does not do anything - I'd like it to still move the speedbrake up to it's "full" position.

What am I overlooking ?

Thanks in advance for any & all help.

Gordon
Old 08-12-2003, 02:46 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gordon,

If you have an offset value programmed in you may be past your offset value OR at the middle position you are at a different position for programming. In other words watch your mix while you flip the switch and see if you need to add a value into the lower or upper portion of the mix screen (I am confusing myself with this explanation!) right hand side.

PM me and I will try to explain it a little better.

DR
Old 08-12-2003, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to set up a mix such as aux2 to aux2 turn the page and activate the snap roll button and return to the first page. Flip the aux 2 switch to full speed brake position and push the offset button. Then return the switch to the speed brake up position. Now hold down the snap roll button and run the value in the highlighted box up to 100%. You'll need to watch the direction of the servo and you may need to hit the turn button to reverse the direction of throw. The speed brake should now go to full deflection any time you hit the snap roll button regardless of its position. I use a similar program on my wheel brakes using the same program only mixing aux3 to aux3. You set the % value to give you just enough braking to stop the airplane without locking up the brakes and flat spotting the tires. I have used the setup you are describing in conjunction with the low pressure braking and it works great. But if you fly the correct approach with the speed brake out and the power on all the way to landing and do it this way every the time you'll find you won't use the button except after landing for the low pressure braking. Hope this helps!

Tim Redelman
Old 08-12-2003, 12:19 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Tim,

I don't have an offset - that's probably the problem (as DavidR also suggested in a PM). I will try this again when I get home tonight. Thanks a bunch for the help.

..and yeah - I know that I should not need this normally if I fly a proper approach. Problem is, I'm still new to the aircraft (6 landings so far) so my approaches are not yet at the stage where they are 'on the money' all the time. Hopefully that will come in time. For now, the ability to do something like make the aproach with mid-brake, then make minor adjustments with a touch more brake seems like a useful addition, especially for short(er) field ops.

Thanks a bunch,
Gordon