Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Big r/c t38 talon -video >

Big r/c t38 talon -video

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Big r/c t38 talon -video

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Big r/c t38 talon -video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdHCGUxS9mA#t=31
Old 01-20-2015, 11:35 AM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Man those comments are harsh
Old 01-20-2015, 11:59 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Beautiful jets. Too bad about those landings.

And that is a great field too!
Old 01-20-2015, 12:48 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those flights were essentially "the beginning" of the dual T-38 project between Andy and Brent. both were repaired / rebuilt and many flights since have been logged. In fact one of them has even changed hands while other jets are being built. As far as the standard Youtube hater comments go - I guess you add Youtube, a Chump and a anonymous screen name, mix in the dark and that's what you get. Worthless drivel IOW.

To be fair these guys are just doing what they love - designing, building and flying things that have not been done before. Who says you have to buy an ARF (or for all to have to follow one man's opinion) to do something great in this hobby. I applaud their spirit, engineering, creativity and willingness to innovate. That's what has made model aviation exciting to me, in between the same old thing done over and over. They were fun projects to follow along when they were being built and all the bugs were being tested out of them. Too bad some of the first few flights with teething problems arose in a public event but they both handled the problems well and did not endanger anyone in favor of less wear and tear on the airframes!

Here are a few videos of later flights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PtNPjZmgJo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0qRRY5UANc

As far as the field goes, it apparently is under suspicion of RF issues as of a few months ago, and I am not sure of the issue has been resolved or not. There is a water pumping station near by that reportedly uses 2.4G to wirelessly control some pump equipment and the last "Ace in the Hole" 2014 event had many RF issues crop up in all brands of radio gear and many aircraft lost. I was not there but that's what was widely reported, unfortunately!

Last edited by Eddie P; 01-20-2015 at 12:56 PM.