Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet >

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 05:01 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 126 Likes on 85 Posts

WOW! A 190 in a T1. That thing has got to be a bullet! Enjoy good sir.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:30 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi guys, today I used one of the last sunny days to fly. It should cool down in the middle of the week and be very windy. I think I can end this year's good season. ***winter***

Last edited by winter1; 10-18-2021 at 08:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
smcharg (10-18-2021)
Old 10-23-2021, 04:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smcharg
WOW! A 190 in a T1. That thing has got to be a bullet! Enjoy good sir.

LoL, yep,they are. I have a 190 in mine as well and have clocked 358 kmh / 222 mph on mine. Not on a downline and not downwind either. Still slows to a crawl for landing though.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:53 AM
My Feedback: (46)

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts

Just to revive the thread a little here are some pics from a couple days ago. Took a mental health day off from work and went flying with a bunch of the guys. Amazingly perfect weather, the smoke hung for a long time, the field was green and every flight was perfect for the T1! We have a professional photographer that’s a member of the club and be sent me these pics this morning.

Old 01-21-2022, 11:23 AM
My Feedback: (23)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

How slow did you get it on landing? I changed out my gear for the Electron and also purchased the PowerBox smoke pump. Been busy so can’t fly her yet. Need to install the smoke pump.
Old 01-21-2022, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by ledd4u
How slow did you get it on landing? I changed out my gear for the Electron and also purchased the PowerBox smoke pump. Been busy so can’t fly her yet. Need to install the smoke pump.
She slows up pretty well for landing. I’m using the recommended throws on the flaps and they are like an air brake when you deploy them. Need to carry power to the threshold and then off the power and she settles right in nicely. Rollout is maybe 50 to 100 feet depending on how much headwind we have.

PowerBox pump is nice! I’m doing pulsed and solid smoke using programming in the transmitter to get the same effect..
Old 01-21-2022, 12:36 PM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Very nice photos. Was -8 when I got up this morning. Won’t be sneaking out to fly for 3 months
camss69 (07-05-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 01:06 AM

Nice photos. We have -2 °C, strong wind and snow showers. I'll have another two months break. ***winter***
Old 02-16-2022, 08:54 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the silver board for electronics in the T-1 made out of?

When I originally assembled my T-1 I did not use the internal board for electronics, etc., that comes with the plane- I made one out of light ply with the intention of it being a "pattern" and that I would use the supplied board once I had it figured out (then I just kept using it for a few years....).

I'm now going through my T-1, cleaning up the wiring and am re-fitting it with the supplied board. I think it's a sandwich made out of that fiber-glass weave that has become standard in aerobatic planes these days. I want to make sure it's not anything that would present signal issues.

Old 02-16-2022, 08:56 AM
My Feedback: (53)

Received 164 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by DMichael
What is the silver board for electronics in the T-1 made out of?

When I originally assembled my T-1 I did not use the internal board for electronics, etc., that comes with the plane- I made one out of light ply with the intention of it being a "pattern" and that I would use the supplied board once I had it figured out (then I just kept using it for a few years....).

I'm now going through my T-1, cleaning up the wiring and am re-fitting it with the supplied board. I think it's a sandwich made out of that fiber-glass weave that has become standard in aerobatic planes these days. I want to make sure it's not anything that would present signal issues.
It present no danger at all…been in my T-1 since 2018….still going strong.
Old 02-16-2022, 09:56 AM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by winter1
Nice photos. We have -2 °C, strong wind and snow showers. I'll have another two months break. ***winter***
We have been having incredibly nice weather in Jan and Feb so far up here in the Pacific Northwest of the US, many days of blue skies, no wind, and temps in the high 50s and even into the 60s a couple of days. Needless to say, I’ve been flying a lot this past 6 weeks
winter1 (02-21-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 06:14 PM

Received 189 Likes on 150 Posts

Cheers!
Desert Fox 1
Old 02-25-2022, 10:25 AM

Received 189 Likes on 150 Posts

Cheers!
Desert Fox 1
Old 06-12-2022, 01:19 PM

A few pictures from the weekend flying ... ***winter***

smcharg (06-13-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 02:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Brakes

I’ve had my T1 for about a year and have yet to solve the problem of the brakes not working at higher speeds. It has what appears to be a newer style “drum” brake that has 4 shoes in the hub vs a disc. The problem is that at higher speeds the centrifugal force does not allow the shoes to be attracted to the energized brake hub. I’ve read in another thread that others are having the same problem with this type of brake. Just curious if anyone else has run into this and found a soulution?
Old 08-06-2022, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by VK96
I’ve had my T1 for about a year and have yet to solve the problem of the brakes not working at higher speeds. It has what appears to be a newer style “drum” brake that has 4 shoes in the hub vs a disc. The problem is that at higher speeds the centrifugal force does not allow the shoes to be attracted to the energized brake hub. I’ve read in another thread that others are having the same problem with this type of brake. Just curious if anyone else has run into this and found a soulution?
The only solution to that for me was to discard these and replaced the whole retract system….and that work great now…

Before replacing the system, I tried many different adjustments and event got the Xicoy LG15 and nothing could fix them….it’s on or off very little proportional control…
Old 08-06-2022, 07:34 AM

Unfortunately I had the same experience with the T1 mini. When I ordered my T1 I ordered without gear and put in Electron gear with the Electron controller, night and day difference.

How are you controlling your brakes? Slider? Switch? Down Elevator? If down elevator, that might be or at least be contributing to your high speed braking issue. When giving down elevator you could be lifting the rear of the plane making the brakes less effective. If you’re on a slider or switch then that’s obviously not your issue.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys...Yeah, I've got the Lg-15 in there with end points set to max. I think it's just a poor design. I believe some of the older T1's may have come with a disc style hub. I'll see if I can find a pair of those...will be cheaper than buying a whole set of electron gear... (Which I wish I 'd done in the first place)
Old 08-08-2022, 07:48 AM

Thanks guys...Yeah, I've got the Lg-15 in there with end points set to max. I think it's just a poor design. I believe some of the older T1's may have come with a disc style hub. I'll see if I can find a pair of those...will be cheaper than buying a whole set of electron gear... (Which I wish I 'd done in the first place)
Not too discouraged you….but the disk were also not better
Old 09-18-2022, 04:13 AM
My Feedback: (23)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Kind of off topic but I would be hesitant in buying a jet from Pacific with any electric retracts or controller. It’s all electron or nothing. They make great jets and the quality is unbelievable. Air system they have are trouble free. Electric stuff, I read lots of issues. Problem is the scale stuff they have don’t know if it can be retrofitted to electron? I have my eye on the large Hawk they have. Hopefully things workout and the shipping can go back to almost normal rates. Last time I asked, it was like thousands of dollars to have something Fed Ex to my home. Sucks!
Old 09-18-2022, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by ledd4u
Kind of off topic but I would be hesitant in buying a jet from Pacific with any electric retracts or controller. It’s all electron or nothing. They make great jets and the quality is unbelievable. Air system they have are trouble free. Electric stuff, I read lots of issues. Problem is the scale stuff they have don’t know if it can be retrofitted to electron? I have my eye on the large Hawk they have. Hopefully things workout and the shipping can go back to almost normal rates. Last time I asked, it was like thousands of dollars to have something Fed Ex to my home. Sucks!
Well the sport jet can be order without gear, I have build a T-1 (no gear) with an Electron set……and I also converted mine (both) to Electron as well…they were electric from the factory….

For the scale jets, I also have converted my SM PC-21 to Electron ER50……and keep the air brakes, so almost anything is possible, just need to look at what you need…and go from there, I haven’t done any of there’s scale model so I cannot tell for sure…
Old 09-18-2022, 07:09 AM

My T1 Mini I used the stock electric gear but the brakes sucked and the gear controller wasn't the greatest. My T1 I ordered without gear and just did the Electron setup and it’s a night and day difference. So much less stressful especially with the brakes and the electron brake and gear controller.

I’m interested in one of their Hawks as well but last weekend saw their A-10 and WOW. It was REALLY nice and won the people’s choice award at our event. The slime lights were super cool as was the rest of the plane. Flight performance looked amazing as well.

T-1 makes some pretty awesome stuff..

Old 12-26-2023, 02:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default T1

I'm a little late to the party but was hoping to get some opinions. I'd started gathering parts in hopes building a Boomerang Ranger over the winter. That was until I ran across an in stock and ready to ship T1. Now my plans have changed

The servo's I'd bought for the Ranger are rated for 18 kg @ 6v, 22 kg @ 7.2v and 25 kg @ 8.4 v. I saw on the T1 website that they recommend 20-30 kg servos. Considering I never run below 7.2 volts the ones I have are technically sufficient. I do plan however to run a 140-160 Turbine and therefor think that maybe I should go with something stronger. I've read all 116 pages of this thread and noticed people are using servo's with specs all over the place, even many low voltage servos that don't meet the 20k recommended minimum with no apparent issues. The next servo up in the line is rated for 43 kg. I'm wondering if I'm overthinking it and the servo's I have would be fine or if it's better to replace them and eliminate any doubt? Part 2 of the question is what about just upgrading aileron, elevator and flaps and leaving the lower torque ones I already have on the nose gear and rudder?

Last question is regarding turbine choice. Again after reading through the entire thread it seems that people are running everything from 80's to 190's, even a 210 and if seems that everybody is happy with their selection. I tend to like high speed circuits with some mild acrobatics, loops, rolls and a frequent 199.99 mph pass. I'm thinking the 140 would be fine, less $, weight and fuel. I fly off of grass and with a full tank of fuel and smoke fluid I want to make sure it takes off with authority which makes me think just go with a 160. I'm leaning towards trying a Swiwin which means it would actually be a 170. Comparing specs it's about 100 grams lighter than a KT160 G4+. I'd love to hear feedback on the matter, would a 140 be sufficient for fully loaded take offs from grass in under 300' and able to touch 190+ or should I go with a 170? Any drawbacks with running the larger motor such as difficulty slowing down, too tail heavy, thrust tube requiring upgrading etc.?

Last edited by supertoyz; 12-26-2023 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-26-2023, 03:42 PM

I have one flying since 2018, I have MKS HBL 960 on aileron’s and elevators (258 oz) and MKS 777 on Flaps and Rudder (because I had them at the time….

The 777 are nice for the flaps but over kill for the rudder, I started with a K140 but I needed it for another project, so I new have K160, I don’t think I want more then that u less you get a beefed up pipe.

I saw one with a 190 and he had problem over stressing the jet, ailerons pulling out ect….i also have smoke so just using the fuel talk for fuel and the smoke for smoke…I can fly 7 minutes with a healthy reserved.

I have build/re-build 4 T-1…..
Old 12-27-2023, 08:23 AM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I originally had a K140 in mine, then swapped out to K160 (long story). When flying off thick grass the 160 was noticable help. If your grass is hard packed and short 140 will be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.