Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Skymaster ARF Plus Pro Construction >

Skymaster ARF Plus Pro Construction

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster ARF Plus Pro Construction

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 05:27 PM
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Skymaster ARF Plus Pro Construction

Hi Folks.
Getting to pull the trigger on a new Skymaster Panther and was wondering how the materials and build quality are with the ARF Plus Pro line of kits. I have had a few Extreme jets and the construction seems to vary. For example the Extreme Hawk was of an older era and the construction was rock solid but heavier. I like that . You can grasp a wing or the fuse and its solid. My old Skymaster F-18 was a solid bird as well. I flew that for years. My Extreme F-4 was very thin but much lighter. I actually put my thumb through the top of the Fuse just turning it over in the stand. I just stopped by my buddies house and his Extreme F-15 was the same way. The fuse is very very thin and just handling it it was buckling and flexing. I could easily crush the fuse by just squeezing too hard during normal handling. And this is empty and un-built. Put 10 pounds of equipment inside and you really need to know where to pick it up from.

So, what is the construction like on the ARF Plus Pro line of kits? Are they all fiberglass or are they airex? Are they stiff enough to handle without flexing and creaking? I am kind of spoiled now by the Flash which is a tank but yet light. That thing is so strong its amazing.

Thanks for any input here!
Old 10-01-2017, 08:35 PM
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

My Gen 2 F16 was built last year, weighs about 51lbs full, and is strong, can pick it up just about anywhere, I just remember to lift where the formers are out of habit. You aint gonna push a hole in this thing with your finger. The wood inside is solid and fuse has carbon fiber reinforced edges,