Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
LED Light Help >

LED Light Help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

LED Light Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 06:49 AM
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default LED Light Help

Purchased this drop down landing light a while back, but need some help:
What is the purple covered electronics board attached to it ?
Also came with the Y cable pictured-not sure what the intent of that was ?

I am not that familiar with lighting-thanks in advance for helping me.
Mike O.

Last edited by IFLYBVM2; 10-13-2018 at 06:50 AM. Reason: text
Old 10-13-2018, 06:51 AM

Also, any idea what the correct voltage might be for it ?
Old 10-13-2018, 08:43 AM

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts

I hope you know the part number for it. Then you can look it up on Bing. If not, why would you buy it?
Old 10-13-2018, 08:43 AM

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts

I hope you know the part number for it. Then you can look it up on Bing. If not, why would you buy it?
Old 10-13-2018, 12:31 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

The ‘yellow’ cable assembly appears to be a switch assembly. The connector on the left side (input) appears to be 3 wires while the right side (output) is only 2 wires which is switched Rx voltage
The ‘purple’cable assembly appears to be a voltage regulator, based on what looks tore under the heat shrink. If I were to guess, it is a step down regulator, so you don’t apply too much voltage to the LEDs.
The 2 pin output from thev’yellow’ will connect to the 2 pin input cable on the ‘purple’

A simple setup would be to connect a battery (again start with 4.8 or 6 to start) directly to the 2 pin ‘purple’ input connector and verify the LED lights.
To test it with the switch. you will need a battery and a receiver or servo simulator/tester.

Note: depending on your available voltage at the Rx, you may or mat not need the outdoor voltage module...but it’s safe to start with it to help,protect the LEDs against overvoltage/overcurrent.
Hope this helps ...

Old 10-13-2018, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by ltc
The ‘yellow’ cable assembly appears to be a switch assembly. The connector on the left side (input) appears to be 3 wires while the right side (output) is only 2 wires which is switched Rx voltage
The ‘purple’cable assembly appears to be a voltage regulator, based on what looks tore under the heat shrink. If I were to guess, it is a step down regulator, so you don’t apply too much voltage to the LEDs.
The 2 pin output from thev’yellow’ will connect to the 2 pin input cable on the ‘purple’

A simple setup would be to connect a battery (again start with 4.8 or 6 to start) directly to the 2 pin ‘purple’ input connector and verify the LED lights.
To test it with the switch. you will need a battery and a receiver or servo simulator/tester.

Note: depending on your available voltage at the Rx, you may or mat not need the outdoor voltage module...but it’s safe to start with it to help,protect the LEDs against overvoltage/overcurrent.
Hope this helps ...

Thanks so much !
Old 10-08-2021, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where can I buy LED Strip Light at a bargain price? Does anyone know?
Old 10-08-2021, 10:58 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by soptojan

Costco?
Old 10-10-2021, 09:34 AM
My Feedback: (28)

Received 128 Likes on 89 Posts

Amazon..they have everything
Old 10-11-2021, 03:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soptojan
Thank you, ltc, for describing what each wire does, I have been looking for a solution to this problem for a very long time, and thanks to you, I finally realized where I had a mistake. By the way, I also encountered a similar problem when I ordered LED Tape from this site ukled.co.uk. Unfortunately, when they asked me if I needed to explain how to install everything, I said I knew everything and didn't need an explanation. How stupid I was! Thank you again, ltc, very much; otherwise, I would have had to surf the Internet for a long time. Maybe I wouldn't have found what I was looking for.