Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Powerbox Core radio and set up thread. >

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2023, 10:16 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Had a 2 position switch mounted for the turbine for switching off.
Is this possible?
With 2 positions on the trim, things can still go wrong. Have seen it on a three position switch. Turbine turned off but not in cooling phase.
Old 04-23-2023, 10:53 AM

flew with the core last monday with my small petrol box flew with all options gps 3 and gyro. This goes to the rebel classic. But can get used to the core so well. It was going great until the next thing happened.
my throttle servo broke after 8 min.
The hitec d485hw is digital but probably couldn't handle the pulse width. Can this be adjusted have several older aircraft
Old 04-23-2023, 11:04 AM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by grolleman
Had a 2 position switch mounted for the turbine for switching off.
Is this possible?
I use a two position safety switch to change between shutdown and idle position. Done via servo cutoff.
I still use the throttle stick to start the turbine. Don’t need to use the digital trim at all
The following 2 users liked this post by Edgar Perez:
BarracudaHockey (04-24-2023), grolleman (04-23-2023)
Old 04-23-2023, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
Ik gebruik een veiligheidsschakelaar met twee standen om te wisselen tussen uitschakeling en stationair draaien. Gedaan via servo cutoff.
Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
Ik gebruik een veiligheidsschakelaar met twee standen om te wisselen tussen uitschakeling en stationair draaien. Gedaan via servo cutoff. Ik gebruik nog steeds de gashendel om de turbine te starten. U hoeft de digitale trim helemaal niet te gebruiken
Ik gebruik nog steeds de gashendel om de turbine te starten. U hoeft de digitale trim helemaal niet te gebruiken
Thanks then I know what to do.
Old 05-09-2023, 05:21 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Last edited by essyou35; 05-09-2023 at 05:55 AM.
Old 05-09-2023, 08:06 PM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts

Hmm....

Ordered an Atom then deleted this thread and bought a Jeti????? Good luck......

I told you there would be no consensus but I personally think you've made a HUGE mistake........
Old 05-09-2023, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Hmm....

I told you there would be no consensus but I personally think you've made a HUGE mistake........
Plz explain.
Old 05-09-2023, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Hmm....

also if you feel SO strongly about it, then why didn't you give me any input about why pb is the way to go?

I was back and forth and made a quick decision I no longer trust futaba.
Old 05-10-2023, 10:45 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

PowerBox radio are very simple to program and only need one protocol not the 900 back up (Xtra $$, again its like anything every one as is preference ..
But I dont understand why Jet transmitter dont have a touch screen !
Old 05-12-2023, 09:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pulse smoke

I need help programming the sequencer to pulse a smoke pump using a 3 position switch.

I can get the sequencer to loop and activate on position 3 on a switch, but having difficulty setting position 2 for a set rate, and position 1 as off
I tried using the mixer, but you can only mix a function...

Cant use servo cut because the servo # is not avaliable when used by the sequencer.

What am I missing ?
Old 05-12-2023, 01:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronforth
I need help programming the sequencer to pulse a smoke pump using a 3 position switch.

I can get the sequencer to loop and activate on position 3 on a switch, but having difficulty setting position 2 for a set rate, and position 1 as off

Cant use servo cut because the servo # is not avaliable when used by the sequencer.

What am I missing ?
Have you tried using 3 seperate functions?
Chris
Old 05-12-2023, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by icicles
Have you tried using 3 seperate functions?
Chris
You mean function for smoke off, smoke on, smoke pulse?
Same swith and servo for all 3 ?

Problem is once a servo is assigned to a function its no longer available for another function

Old 05-13-2023, 03:25 AM

Received 373 Likes on 301 Posts

That's not true at all. That's exactly how you setup delta, v-tail etc. Create an elevator function and assign 2 servos, then create a rudder function and assign the same 2 servos.
Old 05-13-2023, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
That's not true at all. That's exactly how you setup delta, v-tail etc. Create an elevator function and assign 2 servos, then create a rudder function and assign the same 2 servos.
Hmmm...I must be doing something wrong. Will try again
Old 05-13-2023, 12:55 PM

You mean function for smoke off, smoke on, smoke pulse?
Same swith and servo for all 3 ?

Problem is once a servo is assigned to a function its no longer available for another function
Yes, thats what i was thinking

You mentioned once a servo is assigned a function it can no longer be assigned another function.
This is not true. Example. Function called ailerons. Then another function called crow, then another function called flaps will all drive the same servo

Chris
Old 05-13-2023, 12:57 PM

Yes, thats what i was thinking

You mentioned once a servo is assigned a function it can no longer be assigned another function.
This is not true. Example. Function called ailerons. Then another function called crow, then another function called flaps will all drive the same servo

Chris
Your right Chris...I meant to say sequencer, once assigned to a sequencer it no longer appears in avaliable list for a function
Old 05-13-2023, 02:23 PM

Your right Chris...I meant to say sequencer, once assigned to a sequencer it no longer appears in avaliable list for a function
No problem
To be honest I have not tried what you are trying to do
It might be a good idea to post this in the PowerBox online forum. I have had extremely good and positive results from all types of people.
Powerbox support and service is second to none

Chris
Old 05-14-2023, 03:04 AM
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

No problem
To be honest I have not tried what you are trying to do
It might be a good idea to post this in the PowerBox online forum. I have had extremely good and positive results from all types of people.
Powerbox support and service is second to none

Chris
Dag On! Just call or email Adam on Monday! You would have had it solved last week! Adam is awesome and knows the radio!

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 05-14-2023 at 03:11 AM.
Old 05-14-2023, 03:28 AM

They are at Nall this week with very sketchy cell coverage.
Old 05-14-2023, 09:32 AM

What am I missing ?
I read back to this post. I understand that you can get it to pulse, just not steady. I also just skimmed the manual. I don’t know how to do it, but it seems to me that you would create a virtual switch. Rather then Function or Mixes. Virtual switches can be set up so that, exp: IF this switch is On and this other switch is On, then the virtual switch will work. Or one On, and one Off, then the virtual switch doesn’t work. Or if the first switch is Off, and the second switch is On, the virtual switch still won’t work. But it seems to me that something could be set up there.
I LOVE Functions, because everything, including any mixes can be accomplished there. But I can’t think of a way to make it work in Function. Seems like a buddy of mine said he created a virtual switch on his jet. The pulsating smoke is very cool.
Maybe someone knows more about Virtual Switches. Just my thoughts.
Old 05-14-2023, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
I read back to this post. I understand that you can get it to pulse, just not steady. I also just skimmed the manual. I don’t know how to do it, but it seems to me that you would create a virtual switch. Rather then Function or Mixes. Virtual switches can be set up so that, exp: IF this switch is On and this other switch is On, then the virtual switch will work. Or one On, and one Off, then the virtual switch doesn’t work. Or if the first switch is Off, and the second switch is On, the virtual switch still won’t work. But it seems to me that something could be set up there.
I LOVE Functions, because everything, including any mixes can be accomplished there. But I can’t think of a way to make it work in Function. Seems like a buddy of mine said he created a virtual switch on his jet. The pulsating smoke is very cool.
Maybe someone knows more about Virtual Switches. Just my thoughts.
I might try and assign the sequencer to a channel not being used. This way I should be able to mix that to my actual smoke channel when the switch is in the 3rd postion. Then make a function for smoke on, lets say 45% in the 2nd position...then finally another function for smoke off in the 1st position.

Not sure it this will work though.....

Just seams like a lot of steps...still learning this platform

What would also be nice is if you can select FM as a switch for a function or sequencer. As it stands you can only select a switch, virtual switch, telemetry switch or fixed value.

Last edited by aaronforth; 05-14-2023 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-14-2023, 11:31 AM

You can have more than 1 Flt Md program and switch.
Old 05-14-2023, 05:08 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Is there a way to change the name of a model (file) after set up is finished? On the model selection screen there is a button to rename folder but it opens with “plane” so that is not it…
Old 05-15-2023, 02:06 AM

Yep, in the model change screen load the model then in that screen the name of the current model appears on the top left, tap there and you can edit it.

Edit: the picture if there is one may disappear because its based on the model name so you might have to update that too (going from memory which is getting worse every day lol)
The following users liked this post:
husafreak (05-15-2023)
Old 05-15-2023, 03:51 AM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Andy,

You mentioning the model picture; reminded me that a lot of Core users have been asking for the ability to put the picture as a widget on a model screen when it get loaded. I wonder if PB will ever give us the option?

JanR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.