Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-12

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-12

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 07:33 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

With all the smoke around Sac and my friend's projects that I got to get done I haven't had any time for my own fleet, I got to get them done and out so I can play with my own toys and hopefully have one of my own ready to fly with my Jeti soon, yeap! That's 3 projects.

Last edited by CARS II; 08-27-2020 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-27-2020, 08:22 PM
CARS II

At this point in time, I can say that I got the basics of the Jeti programimg learned, assist included, there is only one thing that eluds me and we have gone through this many times, so I'm not going to ask again, my friend Nick will clarified it once we meet at the field for a test flight here soon ( I hope )

I've ordered a second 12 chl assist receiver, it doesn't make sense to get a 10 chl receiver ( my Reaction only needs 10 chls total ) when for another $20 I can get the 12 chl receiver.

The plan is to fly the PC21 soon, experience the assist tuning then transfer the receiver to my Turbo set it up and then use the second receiver in my beloved Boomer then third in line is the Reaction.

We have a jet meet in a month and half and they got to be ready for the event ( me too )

But free time is very short at the moment.
Old 08-29-2020, 07:23 AM
Bogietrim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Programming question: I am setting up and EDF with 'Ailevators'. I have 3 modes set up and only want them active in mode 3. So, it will have conventional controls in modes 1 and 2 and ailevators in mode 3. Should/can I do this through the ailevator function or through a free mix?

Thanks
Old 08-29-2020, 11:33 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

My first thought would be a mix in which ever flight mode you choose

shows how much i know

Last edited by Bob_B; 08-29-2020 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-29-2020, 12:54 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Bogietrim
Programming question: I am setting up and EDF with 'Ailevators'. I have 3 modes set up and only want them active in mode 3. So, it will have conventional controls in modes 1 and 2 and ailevators in mode 3. Should/can I do this through the ailevator function or through a free mix?

Thanks
Old 08-29-2020, 01:51 PM
wfield0455

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks
Just select the Ailevator tail type and in the Ailevator menu change from Global to Separate. Select FM1 and set the value for Elevator to 100%, repeat for FM2. Leave FM3 as 50% Aileron and 50% elevator. Done...
Old 08-29-2020, 04:03 PM
Bogietrim

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Just select the Ailevator tail type and in the Ailevator menu change from Global to Separate. Select FM1 and set the value for Elevator to 100%, repeat for FM2. Leave FM3 as 50% Aileron and 50% elevator. Done...
Yep that did it! Easy peasy! Just still stumbling a bit with how the flight modes work versus my old system. This system is a bit smarter, but at the same time isn’t as transparent, to me anyway.

Thanks a bunch for the help!
Old 08-29-2020, 05:03 PM
CARS II

I flew my Gee Bee today ( got help from Nick ) first flight on my Jeti, we turned on the gyro, it all went well ( have to fly it some more ) the gain ended up at 31% on the knob.

Now that I know how much gain I need to fly it with and want to stop using the knob, whats my next step? should I store that number in a curve, with this airplane I don't even need a 3 possition switch since it doesn't have flaps do I even need the mods?

Tks.

Last edited by CARS II; 08-29-2020 at 09:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
camss69 (08-29-2020)
Old 08-29-2020, 05:04 PM
wfield0455

Yep that did it! Easy peasy! Just still stumbling a bit with how the flight modes work versus my old system. This system is a bit smarter, but at the same time isn’t as transparent, to me anyway.

Thanks a bunch for the help!
Well, nothings as easy as what you already know but Jeti is pretty consistent in the way they do things.
Basically any function that has a G next to it can be made flight mode specific by changing it to S. At that point it's up to your imagination just how you want to make use of flight modes..
Old 08-29-2020, 09:02 PM
CARS II

For the maiden flight we change all the modes to dampening, all 3 fl modes but since this airplane doesn't have flaps I will remove the switch and will fly on dampening only, no switch, kept all the check marks on the FL mode checked, for the second flight we reduced the expo by 10% each ( ail was 35%, changed to 25% on H rate and L rate from 25% to 15% ) because the gyro was doing it's job by dampening the controls surfaces and at H rates it felt like L rates was been used.

All in all a very good first flight, tomorrow we will continue to experiment with the gyro.

Last edited by CARS II; 08-29-2020 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-29-2020, 09:10 PM
CARS II

Added a couple more things to my radio, the 3D metal dial, it feels much better with the metal one and added rubber cups/covers for the silver switches ( don't like nickle plated on my radio and definetly not on my car)

A couple more things to be added to it, then I will be done, a safety switch and if I can get those metal bottoms anodize in Blue from Esprit.

Last edited by CARS II; 08-30-2020 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-31-2020, 12:17 PM
Bogietrim

Question on updating. There is an update available for my DS12 as well as my RX. I have downloaded the Jeti studio to my Mac and it opens just fine. However, it will not recognize my radio when I plug it in. The computer does recognize the radio and I can see it in the finder as well as open up the contents of the folder. It seems studio will not recognize any ports. Is there anyone with experience or the knowledge to help me out with this one? Other ways to update?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-31-2020, 01:06 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

On the bottom right of the jeti studio there is a drop down menu with port selection. Also, I believe there is a little icon in that area that lets you know if you are connected.
Old 08-31-2020, 01:48 PM
Bogietrim

Originally Posted by ravill
On the bottom right of the jeti studio there is a drop down menu with port selection. Also, I believe there is a little icon in that area that lets you know if you are connected.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes, I see that menu, but when I open the drop down nothing remotely correct appears. I have tried all of the ones listed but they just don’t exist on my computer. I believe there are about 8-10 that show up and 75% say Bluetooth. Very strange. My ports work fine as the radio is recognized by the computer as are other items that I have plugged into them. I have also tried unintstalling and re installing as well as trying an older version. Same result. I am sure it has something to do with my computer they way it happens to all versions of the Studio that I have tried. For whatever reason Studio isn’t seeing my ports.

Outside of this, are there any other options for updating?

Thanks
Old 08-31-2020, 02:30 PM
wfield0455

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes, I see that menu, but when I open the drop down nothing remotely correct appears. I have tried all of the ones listed but they just don’t exist on my computer. I believe there are about 8-10 that show up and 75% say Bluetooth. Very strange. My ports work fine as the radio is recognized by the computer as are other items that I have plugged into them. I have also tried unintstalling and re installing as well as trying an older version. Same result. I am sure it has something to do with my computer they way it happens to all versions of the Studio that I have tried. For whatever reason Studio isn’t seeing my ports.

Outside of this, are there any other options for updating?

Thanks
Did you say it used to work but doesn't anymore ? If it never worked then you probably need to install the drivers.
Old 08-31-2020, 04:22 PM
Bogietrim

Did you say it used to work but doesn't anymore ? If it never worked then you probably need to install the drivers.
No, it has never worked. I will search for the drivers but have never seen or heard of any reference to them. Any idea where to find?

Thanks
Old 08-31-2020, 05:56 PM
wfield0455

No, it has never worked. I will search for the drivers but have never seen or heard of any reference to them. Any idea where to find?

Thanks
So you said you connect the transmitter to your PC and it mounts ? And when you start Jeti studio if you select transmitter wizard it never find it so you can do backups, etc ? If it does then it's working fine... As I recall the connection window in the lower right is only is used when you attach a Jeti USB adapter to update a receiver.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:59 PM
CARS II

This DS12 is new and you just got it and you are trying to get the latest update and you are also trying to get the latest update for the receiver, correct?

Last edited by CARS II; 08-31-2020 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-01-2020, 10:04 AM
Bogietrim

So you said you connect the transmitter to your PC and it mounts ? And when you start Jeti studio if you select transmitter wizard it never find it so you can do backups, etc ? If it does then it's working fine... As I recall the connection window in the lower right is only is used when you attach a Jeti USB adapter to update a receiver.
My computer recognizes the radio as I can see it in Finder and open the folder. However, Studio doesn’t recognize it. The transmitter wizard option on the menu is grayed out and is not functional. Someone from Jeti responded and confirmed the port drop down menu is only active in the manner you speak of. Hoping they can provide more guidance concerning the transmitter wizard which isn’t working. I tried uninstalling and re installing Studio as well as trying an older version with the same result. Transmitter wizard isn’t functional. I am using the USB cable that came with the radio.

Yes, I am trying to update the transmitter. It’s current firmware is one behind the latest available.

I will get back from this trip in a couple of days and start trouble shooting again. Hopefully it is something simple.

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions. I do appreciate it!
Old 09-02-2020, 08:49 PM
CARS II

I'm in the process of setting up my Turbinator with one of my 12chl Assist receivers, I made sure I had a list of all the steps needed to complete the set up, one of those steps is using the dual rates on the steering servo to stop it from moving when the gear is in the retracted position using the gear switch to control the dual rates also, added 40% expo on the high rate to keep it soft on TOs.

This is a step I've never done before with my other systems because it did not allowed it, there is a lot of programing that I've learned in the last couple months that I will put to use one at the time as time goes by.

I'm really happy I picked Jeti as my next rc control system.

Last edited by CARS II; 09-02-2020 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:12 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

For the nose steering I do a mix run/steering.....using the flight mode switch...full travel in cruise/ground and about 30-40 % travel for Take off and Landing setting.....no expo.....I want a direct connection for a smooth take-off/landing
Old 09-03-2020, 08:07 AM
Bogietrim

So many good ways to do the same thing. I mix my rudder to steering using the gear switch. So gear down is on and up is off. Use about a 30% mix so it’s not as touchy on take off roll. Add another mix on a spring loaded switch that gives me 100% for taxi turns when needed.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:42 AM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

No need for a mix, just map the steering servo to the rudder stick, and then use dual rates. 0% for gear up.

Paul
Old 09-03-2020, 09:06 AM
Bogietrim

Originally Posted by JSF-TC
No need for a mix, just map the steering servo to the rudder stick, and then use dual rates. 0% for gear up.

Paul
Thats a good way as well. It may be better for all I know. So many ways to accomplish the same thing.
Old 09-03-2020, 04:22 PM
CARS II

Originally Posted by JSF-TC

Paul
I'm doing it this way because I'm limited on switches and want to make the most out of each switch, I'm figuring out my switches as I go with my first set up.

Last edited by CARS II; 09-03-2020 at 04:51 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.