Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-12

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-12

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 02:13 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

That makes sence, thank you for the clarification Danny.
Old 08-04-2020, 02:44 PM
wfield0455

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CARS II
When I got to the point of binding my new 12chl receiver the radio gave the massage on the picture, I was wandering why will a receiver needed to be registered, I sent a massage to Danny from Aeropanda, he said to say yes, ok I will do that, then it occurred to me that like the radio these new REX receivers now come with the Vario funtion build in, in order to use that funtion you have to buy it to unlock the receiver Vario funtion, in order to get the right folder they have to know to which receiver the folder is been sent to, I think that's the answer to that question.

Since this receiver is not going to be use in a glider then, I will say yes to the radio's question and continue with my programming.

Moving forward

Carlos, that message is providing a similar function to Spektrums "Model Match".
Basically, that message means that the transmitter recognizes the receiver BUT it isn't currently associated with the model memory you're trying to use it with.

Last edited by wfield0455; 08-04-2020 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:25 PM
CARS II

That was not the code but, now I know what that number is for.

Thanks Wayne.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:26 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Throttle idle...is what I used on the turbine motor as my idle.....(I have a locking switch for that, that arm the motor for start) I also use it on electric as my high idle..to get the prop to turn especially on indoor planes....

I don’t used throttle cut on turbine anymore doesn’t do anything we have brakes...but I use it on electric and gas....
Old 08-04-2020, 05:49 PM
CARS II

I'm with you on that Daniel, I'm going through the steps to program a gas airplane and Boomerang XL, that's why all these different questions.

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:29 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
Throttle idle...is what I used on the turbine motor as my idle.....(I have a locking switch for that, that arm the motor for start) I also use it on electric as my high idle..to get the prop to turn especially on indoor planes....

I don’t used throttle cut on turbine anymore doesn’t do anything we have brakes...but I use it on electric and gas....
Throttle cut turns the engine off on turbines. Has nothing to do with brakes. It’s to stop the engine not the plane.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:46 PM
Dansy

Talking

Originally Posted by causeitflies
Throttle cut turns the engine off on turbines. Has nothing to do with brakes. It’s to stop the engine not the plane.
Read my statement again I never said I used throttle cut for the brakes............

Last edited by Dansy; 08-05-2020 at 02:58 AM.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:48 PM
CARS II

Here we go again, oh boy!
Old 08-04-2020, 08:01 PM
causeitflies

It’s all good Carlos. It’s a hobby
Old 08-04-2020, 08:13 PM
CARS II

Absolutely right!
Old 08-05-2020, 02:03 AM
Dansy

Well I never wrote that I used the throttle cut for the brakes.....don’t know where he got that from....

And just a hobby....
Old 08-05-2020, 05:01 AM
wfield0455

That was not the code but, now I know what that number is for.

Thanks Wayne.
Not sure what you're saying here but the message you displayed is EXACTLY what I said it was and has nothing to do with not having the Vario feature enabled it that is what you believe it means.

Last edited by wfield0455; 08-05-2020 at 05:13 AM.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:29 AM
wfield0455

Daniel,

I realize you aren't saying you use throttle cut for brakes but you are 100% wrong when you say it does nothing. It is a perfectly valid way to to STOP a turbine and it's use does not prevent you from performing a manual cool down as you seem to believe it does based on previous discussions.

I'm not trying to tell you that you should use throttle cut but contradicting other that do use it by saying it does nothing or that it prevents manual cool down or any other reason that isn't factually correct only serves to confuse new users and spread misinformation, which is exactly the opposite of what I thought this thread was for.

If you don't like using throttle cut to shut down your turbines, rather than saying it does nothing (which is completely wrong) simply describe your preferred method.

You said you use throttle idle on a safety switch, so do I, I also use Throttle Cut on the other position of the same safety switch. Flip it up and the turbine is ready to run, flip it down and the turbine stops. For manual cool down start with the switch down, advance the throttle and flip the switch up.
So if you don't use throttle cut, how DO you stop your turbine, Throttle trim ? And again, I'm not trying to get you to change how you do it, just actually SAY how you do it rather than how you don't which doesn't help anyone learn anything.

Old 08-05-2020, 05:50 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Daniel,

I realize you aren't saying you use throttle cut for brakes but you are 100% wrong when you say it does nothing. It is a perfectly valid way to to STOP a turbine and it's use does not prevent you from performing a manual cool down as you seem to believe it does based on previous discussions.

I'm not trying to tell you that you should use throttle cut but contradicting other that do use it by saying it does nothing or that it prevents manual cool down or any other reason that isn't factually correct only serves to confuse new users and spread misinformation, which is exactly the opposite of what I thought this thread was for.

If you don't like using throttle cut to shut down your turbines, rather than saying it does nothing (which is completely wrong) simply describe your preferred method.

You said you use throttle idle on a safety switch, so do I, I also use Throttle Cut on the other position of the same safety switch. Flip it up and the turbine is ready to run, flip it down and the turbine stops. For manual cool down start with the switch down, advance the throttle and flip the switch up.
So if you don't use throttle cut, how DO you stop your turbine, Throttle trim ? And again, I'm not trying to get you to change how you do it, just actually SAY how you do it rather than how you don't which doesn't help anyone learn anything.
Well maybe I do thing different then everybody...I cannot speak for anybody else then what I do....and when throttle cut is engage at -100% the throttle will not move or send a signal for cool down....it's only good in my mind to stop the model from moving.

My throttle Idle is on locking switch, set at +50% when I turn that off the motor goes into a command shutdown.....I disable the Idle on the button....used that for rudder or vector's

I used to have a second safety switch throttle cut, and all it does for me at least.....was used to disable the throttle like I do on my other models (which mean just no signal going out but maintaining idle).....it's very useful for electric, nitro, gas motor or heli, but it doesn't do anything for MY turbine....had it ON for 2 years....now I don't used so I disable that....if I don't want accidental movement of the models I just put the brakes ON like for engine start or waiting for takeoff ect...

The way I had it setup.....it did stop manual cooling, just like it stop any electric or gas motor to go beyond idle....? unless I'm really missing something...for my set-up my statement is 100% correct....

Not looking for a Throttle lock/idle war....
Old 08-05-2020, 12:12 PM
CARS II

Reading and scratching my head but still reading, I will get it one of these days.

Wayne and Daniel, good info.

Thank you both.

Last edited by CARS II; 08-05-2020 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:31 PM
wfield0455

Well maybe I do thing different then everybody...I cannot speak for anybody else then what I do....and when throttle cut is engage at -100% the throttle will not move or send a signal for cool down....it's only good in my mind to stop the model from moving.

My throttle Idle is on locking switch, set at +50% when I turn that off the motor goes into a command shutdown.....I disable the Idle on the button....used that for rudder or vector's

I used to have a second safety switch throttle cut, and all it does for me at least.....was used to disable the throttle like I do on my other models (which mean just no signal going out but maintaining idle).....it's very useful for electric, nitro, gas motor or heli, but it doesn't do anything for MY turbine....had it ON for 2 years....now I don't used so I disable that....if I don't want accidental movement of the models I just put the brakes ON like for engine start or waiting for takeoff ect...

The way I had it setup.....it did stop manual cooling, just like it stop any electric or gas motor to go beyond idle....? unless I'm really missing something...for my set-up my statement is 100% correct....

Not looking for a Throttle lock/idle war....
Daniel,

Thanks for taking the trouble to explain your setup. I see what you're saying now and I guess there really isn't any need set throttle cut to stop the turbine. So basically throttle stick all the way down without "throttle idle" active is "stop / trim down", Throttle stick down WITH throttle idle active is "ready/trim up and then of course full stick is full sitck when doing Teach RC. Cool.

I personally like the throttle to be locked until I want the to go to the trim up / ready state so I use throttle cut to stop the turbine.
While working on my plane if I accidentally bump the throttle stick i don't want anything to happen unless I have armed the turbine by moving the safety switch to the trim up / ready position so I like to use throttle cut to stop the turbine and lock the throttle channel when the safety switch is down. While the throttle cut function does lock the throttle channel to the "cut'" position, if you advance the throttle first and then release throttle cut function the turbine will go directly from trim down/stopped to full throttle and manual cool down with begin. So nothing about this setup prevents using manual cool down, you simply need to flip the safety switch to release the throttle lock function if you want to do manual cool down. Also since I have G1 Kingtech or my newer kingtech turbines have restart disabled, they can't be started until they have cooled below 100C so if the turbine is still hot and you advance throttle it will still do manual cool down when throttle is advanced rather than try to start regardless of trim up/trim down. None of my turbines have ever failed to perform auto cool down after a run so I've never actually needed to do a manual cool down though.

Last edited by wfield0455; 08-05-2020 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:09 PM
Dansy

Daniel,

Thanks for taking the trouble to explain your setup. I see what you're saying now and I guess there really isn't any need set throttle cut to stop the turbine. So basically throttle stick all the way down without "throttle idle" active is "stop / trim down", Throttle stick down WITH throttle idle active is "ready/trim up and then of course full stick is full sitck when doing Teach RC. Cool.

I personally like the throttle to be locked until I want the to go to the trim up / ready state so I use throttle cut to stop the turbine.
While working on my plane if I accidentally bump the throttle stick i don't want anything to happen unless I have armed the turbine by moving the safety switch to the trim up / ready position so I like to use throttle cut to stop the turbine and lock the throttle channel when the safety switch is down. While the throttle cut function does lock the throttle channel to the "cut'" position, if you advance the throttle first and then release throttle cut function the turbine will go directly from trim down/stopped to full throttle and manual cool down with begin. So nothing about this setup prevents using manual cool down, you simply need to flip the safety switch to release the throttle lock function if you want to do manual cool down. Also since I have G1 Kingtech or my newer kingtech turbines have restart disabled, they can't be started until they have cooled below 100C so if the turbine is still hot and you advance throttle it will still do manual cool down when throttle is advanced rather than try to start regardless of trim up/trim down. None of my turbines have ever failed to perform auto cool down after a run so I've never actually needed to do a manual cool down though.
I see what you do, The way I have it, I don’t have to hit anything switch to manual cool down, if I bump the throttle with the throttle idle switch to OFF -100....nothing happen unless it goes to +100 then it just cool the turbine....so nothing bad can happen...

of course I also used the TX start up switch....pre-flight, so everything is safe in the right positions...so nothing can be started and the gear is selected down....

I don’t remember when I ever needed to do manual cool down (mine are all G2 now) So that wasn’t the purpose....I just don’t need the throttle lock with my setup..

Always more then one way....
Old 08-05-2020, 05:20 PM
CARS II

After reading Wayne's explanation of his throttle cut/ready set up I want to give a try, I suppose I will need a locking switch for that now.

Wayne, does this video explains your throttle cut/ready set up?

Last edited by CARS II; 08-05-2020 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:53 PM
pcskyhi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Daniel,

Just in case you guys have not noticed when you click the menu button look down in the bottom left corner of the screen and you will see THR and a lock symbol. When you press that button it deactivates the throttle stick eliminating any accidental start ups no matter what type of power system you use. just something else really simple that gets overlooked in the Jeti radio. It even reminds you with a lock symbol while it is active at the top of the screen.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:35 PM
CARS II

I've seen that locking switch, l actually was wishing about a month ago to have it on Futaba 10 CAP, now here I am about a month later with a radio that has it and I will be using it with my gassers for sure.

I didn't mention it because it is on the video.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:54 PM
CARS II

Harry on video #8 of the assist series you talk about digital trims for the Assist gain control and the 3 flight modes, could you elaborate more on their use? I'm trying to understand when should I use them and why they are needed.

Tks.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:26 AM
wfield0455

After reading Wayne's explanation of his throttle cut/ready set up I want to give a try, I suppose I will need a locking switch for that now.

Wayne, does this video explains your throttle cut/ready set up?

https://youtu.be/Y17j6xanttY
Yes,

That video describes how to assign switches to the Throttle Idle and Throttle Cut functions. I find this way of controlling the turbine to be very convenient as it uses a single 2 position switch to select between run and stop. There aren't really any functional differences between what I do (use throttle idle AND throttle cut) and what Daniel does (uses throttle idle only) however the details will vary slightly. To be honest, this was one fot the first things I setup when I switched to Jeti and I wasn't aware of the throttle lock function and I could have used Daniels method and simply set the throttle lock function to prevent my clumsiness from accidentally advancing the throttle. Still, I never quite got use to manually setting throttle lock and I still prefer to have it locked automatically simply by flipping the Run/Stop switch in the Stop position until I'm actually ready to start the turbine..

You will need to select values for the throttle idle and throttle cut functions (if you choose to use it) that will give you reasonable pulse widths. Since my turbines had all had TEACH_RC performed using Spektrum I adjusted my throttle channel end points to +/-80%, set throttle idle to +10% and Throttle Cut to -125% and these values gave me throttle channel pulse widths that closely matched TRIM UP / TRIM DOWN and FULL STICK for my JR12X that was used for my turbines initial TEACH_RC operation so I didn't need to repeat TEACH_RC with my Jeti (yes, I'm lazy).

Oh yeah, don't forget to set the throttle channel fail safe in the receiver to give you either a pulse width well outside the normal range used during TEACH_RC or with JEti you also have the option to set the fail safe value of the throttle channel to completely stop sending servo pulses if the receiver goes into fail-safe. That is probably the best setting for throttle fail-safe.

Last edited by wfield0455; 08-06-2020 at 05:31 AM.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:44 AM
causeitflies

Last edited by causeitflies; 08-06-2020 at 06:46 AM.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:51 AM
causeitflies

This is how I have my Throttle Idle and Throttle Cut set. This works on JetCat, Jet Central, Wren, and all versions of KingTech. Be sure to go through the "Learn" process AFTER setting this up using the chosen switch instead of the trim buttons (I use switch up for high trim and switch down for low trim).

​​​​​​​
Old 08-06-2020, 07:31 AM
CARS II

Got it!
Wayne, Mark thank you for the detail explanation and snapshot of the throttle cut and idle settings, very helpful.

Last edited by CARS II; 08-06-2020 at 07:37 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.