Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
CAI Razor manual needed >

CAI Razor manual needed

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

CAI Razor manual needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAI Razor manual needed

Hi,

I bought a used CAI Razor in November and have been slowly working on it. It did not come with a manual. I was wondering if anyone would have a copy?

I am in the process of building equipment trays and carrying out some repairs to the wing. Nothing major. It will then get a new paint scheme that I am working on designing.

I need the manual to help locate the engine better than eyeball. I am using a Wren Supersport and it is much smaller than the AMT engine the Razor was designed around so I will be making new mounts.

Thanks in advance

Steven

Old 02-26-2021, 06:41 PM
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I don't have a manual but I did have a razor and still have a raptor. Do you have the full bypass for the engine? If you do the engine just needs to be centered up in there. The end of the tailcone can be in line with the joint where bypass meets pipe.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:56 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Try Maddog he has my old one.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:47 AM

Thanks LGMgraphics. I do have the bypass. That will help with the engine location.

RC_Man, I have contacted Maddog though various methods and have not gotten a reply. That's why I came here.
​​​​
Old 02-28-2021, 10:23 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

I owned and flew one for a long while. They are great planes Mine had full bypass as well and as stated just center in bypass. Also when you get around to flying I used 25 degrees flap for take off and 80 degrees for landing. It is a split flap and the landing flaps made drag that helped greatly with the landing on my 600 foot runway

Good luck!!
Old 03-03-2021, 05:25 PM

Thanks for the reply kevinthoele.

I have read every thread I can find on the Razor and remember the flap dimensions that you had posted. Thanks for posting it again though.