Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Jets Over Kentucky 2024 "The World's Grandest Jet Event" >

Jets Over Kentucky 2024 "The World's Grandest Jet Event"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jets Over Kentucky 2024 "The World's Grandest Jet Event"

Search this Thread

Old Today, 09:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jets Over Kentucky 2024 DAY 3

Video 1 from JOK 2024 Day 3. B-52 bomber with X-15 drop.
The X-15 was air launched from a B-52 aircraft at 45,000 ft and a speed of about 500 mph.
Old Today, 11:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jets Over Kentucky 2024 Day 4 - Dancing Jets

Two of our Platinum Sponsors CARF-Models and Extreme Flight R/C show us their 3D flying skills.
Old Today, 11:21 AM

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

One of my best friends passed Sunday, and we are going to miss him dearly.

We had been friends for almost 25 year, and this loss is tough. Roger loved jets, and his last event was Jets Over Kentucky 2024.
He was on the staff, and was with us until the end this year.

He knew everyone in Campbellsville, and was instrumental in introducing me to city government officials there.
When we had to relocate Jets Over Kentucky in 2021, I knew the people to approach. Jets Over Kentucky is larger and better,
and we owe a debt of gratitude to Roger. He was a good man, a very dear friend, and I'm going to really miss him.

Prayers for the Stiles family.

Roger Stiles Obituary
Obituary published on =AT3rGBrMwwF7rANDinE2R2av4s_KTTql9lv_8DR2qhBwraRTJ wq4HMXqW2UvQ9-IBRmxZa-3_YKEYswufu4oiJ0uw_0U610LE2fVrzNuLOsKoJMstEec_e6-F2YC1CmLUp68cUIUixTFzeioI_pagMYfJ1n6nszM6jeYXpM595 M7h1Oobru1cGmH3w]Legacy.com by Cowherd & Parrott Funeral Home on Jul. 23, 2024.
O B I T U A R Y
Roger David Stiles of Campbellsville, Kentucky, son of the late Robert David "R.D." Stiles and Dalena Mae Peters Stiles, was born on Tuesday, July 17, 1951 in Campbellsville and departed this life on Sunday, July 21, 2024 at the Jewish Hospital in Louisville. He was 73 years and four days of age.
He had made a profession of faith in Christ and was a Police Officer for 32 years starting with Metro Police and retired from the Campbellsville City Police Department.
Survived by his wife of 46 years, Connie Gail Knopp Stiles of Campbellsville, having united in marriage on April 28, 1978.
Other survivors include a daughter and son-in-law: Tiffany Ann Stiles Lyons and Adam Lyons of Fulton, Kentucky; two grandchildren: Quinn Lyons of Campbellsville and Campbell Lyons of Fulton; a sister: Debbie Stiles of Campbellsville; and a host of other relatives and friends.
He was also preceded in death by a sister: Linda Stiles.
Graveside services for Roger David Stiles will be held at 1:00 P.M., Central Time, Wednesday, July 24, 2024 at the Brookside Cemetery, Campbellsville, Kentucky. Cowherd and Parrott Funeral Home, Greensburg in charge of the service arrangements.
For online condolences: www.cowherdandparrott.com or Facebook.