Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 New to Jets >

New to Jets

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New to Jets

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 07:17 AM
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to Jets

Mike

LOL I kinda figured that wasnt normal practice for them & must have caught them on a bad day.In any event your right ,he still felt bad & had to call to appologize.They will have some nice jets when they reintroduce the kits.I personally dont want any of their jet kits but they do have one plane I drool over.Thats the T28 Trojan-man that baby is sweet & bigggg.I have always loved T28's My PICA T28 will just have to do LOL

Steve
Old 12-01-2003, 03:38 PM
My Feedback: (1)

John told me that story about the foam machine a couple of years ago at Toledo. He said when Byron disassembeled it they tossed all the parts in a box or two and didn't label any thing as to where it went. (They didn't seem to care!)[:@]
Old 12-03-2003, 12:23 AM
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve,
T-28's are way cool, I could watch them do touch and goes all day long.

Mike
Old 12-03-2003, 08:16 AM
My Feedback: (54)

Mike

Yes they are very sweet planes!!One of my favs by far & they fly great.I have a PICA T28 that I am completing.A buddy at the field here has one with a Enya120 4stroke-that baby moves on out very nicely!!!I am doing mineup different than his tho.Mine will be the yellow & black version where his is all red & white.Hmmm hope we arent doing a taboo & geting off topic of jets in the forum I'm done LOL

Steve
Old 12-17-2003, 06:21 PM
My Feedback: (1)

David

Like all have said any plane can crash for many reasons, dont let that turn you off to jets. I would however as a first plane look at a ducted fan type... I have a ITP F8 Crusader kit that i will be starting soon its high wing will give great stability to the jet but its thin wing will also make it a fast plane as well, Cant wait to get started on it..Best of luck with the jet you choose the byron F16 is a very stable jet as well..

Chet

ORIGINAL: DMehalko(DM)

I was seriously considering buying a jet untill I saw this
http://www.hobbyclub.ru/video/krach.wmv
It scared my and pretty much canceled all my thoughts.
direct link to vid

David
Old 12-17-2003, 11:57 PM
My Feedback: (51)

Truth be told

This video is superb but the conditions at the world championships were harsh. The density altitude if I recall that day were at about 5,500 feet. "Means the air was thin"

Engines and many of the flying charteristics are different depending on density altitude.

This taken into account a bad crash in a jet is going to cost you big time. It's not for the timid or faint of heart.

When I started flying my Fury Extreme helicopter I use to freak when it would start getting inverted down low and now I just fly the thing and relax. The jets are a learning curve just like anything else but it takes more money to get into it and the possible loss is much greater.

Maybe it's not so bad to be a spectator after all.

Ian