Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Turbomin-Help me! >

Turbomin-Help me!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Turbomin-Help me!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 03:13 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbomin-Help me!

Hi, jet friends,

one of my good friend has old Turbomin 100 and going to test-start with me. This one was running good before on the plane but since a few flight long time ago, it was never tried again. We have no manual. I have quite enough experience in handling small turbines, Wren 54 and J600. But I have to confess we have no experince on this old type engine.

I will veyr much appreciate if experts here could teach me how to properly start with what sort of equipments. We have all the accessaries to start engines. Fan to blow for start / basic gorund equipments. We believe that we need some air tank.

If there is any manual avaiable, please share one copy for us. We hope to revive this one.

Many thanks in advance.

Jai Young Shim
Old 08-06-2004, 05:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turbomin-Help me!

Hi!

I'm not a turbine guy but I think that the company that manufactured the turbine is still alive.
Try the following address (or e-mail):

Turbomin AB
Författarv. 19
167 71 BROMMA
SWEDEN

Tel: 08-704 17 10
Fax: 08-704 18 98
e-mail: [email protected]

Best regards,
Red B.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:11 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Turbomin-Help me!

Hi Jai, of course you will have to use a air tank to start it. If your turbine didn't use propane gas for starting (like mine) you should be very careful to not soak the engine with kero
to avoid a hot start. Always have a large fire extinguisher available. Do you have the blue start box?

Rgds, Enrique