Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Rossi .81 DF >

Rossi .81 DF

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Rossi .81 DF

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2002, 12:49 PM
TCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rossi .81 DF

I know OS is probably the most requested DF engine but is a Rossi .81 a good dependable engine? Can anyone tell me what price range a used one would be worth? Can you use this engine in most DF jets? All help appreciated!!! Thanks
Old 08-17-2002, 01:14 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rossi .81 DF

I flew over 300 flights on a Byron F-16 with a Rossi .81. Wore it out!

The only thing wrong with the Rossi is the carb. the low end won't stay put. I had to glue mine in place with CA.

I put an OS .77 carb on one and that cured all it's ills! Ran great then. Lost it when I moved.

I made an aluminium adapter for the 77 carb to bolt it to the Rossi.
Old 08-18-2002, 02:42 AM
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rossi .81 DF

I agree about the Rossi .81, good strong motor. It has slightly less power than the OS .91 (I had both on a test stand at the same time and there is around 1000 rpm difference in the two) The parts are hard to come by, and the carb. is a nightmare to tune. I had a buddy tune it for me (he had about ten of them over a lifetime) and it worked great, until the next day. Every day I flew it I spent the first hour setting the needle. Really got old after a while. The comment about gluing the carb is only funny because I have been there. Thought about welding it one day. HA!

Just asking (don't take any offense) but why are you interrested in the Rossi .81 when there are tons of used (and new) OS .91's out there looking for a good home? I really think you would be better off with the OS in the long run. Feel free to PM me if you need any further info.. Good luck!