Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
RAM 1000 Installation >

RAM 1000 Installation

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

RAM 1000 Installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAM 1000 Installation

I have a RAM 1000 full auto start I purchased used some time ago. Today I decided its time to run on test stand and make sure all is in working order.

My question is: Why are there 3 fuel tubing lines coming out of the engine instead of two like my RAM 500"s have. One for propane/butane, and one for kerosene. What's the the third line on the 1000 for ??? It's a light bluish color and transparent.
Old 08-22-2002, 10:15 PM

Default Air line

I'd say it is the air line for airstarts if needed or wanted.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:21 PM

That is correct.
I also have a RAM 1000 and it has the air start line which the 500 doesn't have. I have started mine with normal shop air pressure (115-120psi) I think it's a good feature in case of starter motor failure.
Johnny
Old 08-23-2002, 12:02 AM

I also have the auto start RAM1000 and so far knock on wood the starter motor still going. My question is this if the starter motor decided to play dead. Do i still have to go to auto-mode right. I assumed this it what i'll do... hook up the blue ( air) to the scuba tank then on the start box press the RUN and i assumed the start box will do the rest.. I appreciate it if someone will walk me thru on this.
Old 08-23-2002, 01:43 AM
My Feedback: (92)

The process I have used is to get everything ready, hit the air for a short burst to get the engine to 5 or 6k rpm. Then release the air and while the turbine is spooling down, hit the RUN control button. When you hear the gas ignite get back onto the air. When the SDT displays RUNNING, release the air.

It's a pretty simple process and will lower your start EGT quite a bit.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:18 AM

Thanks for the quick replys guys. I figured it was for an air start but wasn't totally sure. I've never had an air start engine. Does the air start line have to be plugged in some way while not in use ? I would assume not but I don't know for certain.
Old 08-23-2002, 10:29 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Keep the one way 4mm festo attached in a manner that only allows air to flow in and not out.

The air line in the Remote Start turbines, in my opinion, is not very helpful. It is difficult to air start the unit because the ECU controls the timing of the various start up events and manually this is hard to duplicate. I have never used my turbine this way.

Good luck

GeorgeR