Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Hotspot Retracts >

Hotspot Retracts

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Hotspot Retracts

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotspot Retracts

Hi,
I am having a problem with the noseleg retract on my Hotspot not coming down fully and hence collapsing when I land. I am using the standard merati/eurokit retracts that all the formers are precut for.

The problem, as I see it, is that the noseleg retracts rearward which means that when the noseleg comes down it has to oversome the air pressure. I always slow the model down to try and minimise this pressure. In addition, the closed loop steering has to be loose to ensure this doesn't cause any strain.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem? If so, how did you oversome it? Stronger spring maybe? Change the noseleg for an alternative make?

Thanks in advance.

Geoff White.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:13 PM

Default Hotspot Retracts

Hi Geoff,

I think Jonathan Smith has some replacement springs to cure that problem....give him a call (email me off-line if you don't have his 'phone # or email address).

Cheers,

Dick
Old 09-29-2002, 09:30 PM

Default Hotspot Retracts

hello friend,
i open the cylinder mechanism and pull the spring to make it stronger, also, i let the closed loop system with a little of slack and install the steer servo laid on itīs side and at the side of the retracts, so you donīt have the cables running across the gear leg when retracted.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:13 PM
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Robart is the answer.

I replaced those Euro's with Robarts and didn't regret it for one moment. As far as the steering cables, I use rubber bands, loop one band in about the middle of each cable and secure the other end to the fuse by some sort of hook. When the gear is retracted, the rubber bands pull the cables out of the way when slack is present, works like a charm.

George

P.S. I just happen to have an extra set of Robarts laying around if you're interested.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:45 AM

Default Hotspot Retracts

I had a spring made that is as strong as possible for the size of piston, this does seem to cure the problem. I then let Dave Wilshere have them for distribution. They are obtainable from Motors and Rotors in Watford England.

www.motorsandrotors.co.uk
Old 10-01-2002, 06:18 AM

Default Hotspot Retracts

Thanks for alll your replies,

Dick - It turns out Jonathan hasn't got any more spare but he says that Dave Wilshire of Motors and Rotors has some stronger springs in stock. Lo and Behold I get Espirit (whoever this is?) telling me to phone Dave as well. Thank Espirit.

Geoff.

P.S. Looking forward to the CJ meet at the end of the month.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:10 PM

Default Hotspot Retracts

Hi Geoff,

J and Esprit are one and the same!

Cheers,

Dick