Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Ouch, that hurts!!! >

Ouch, that hurts!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Ouch, that hurts!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ouch, that hurts!!!

Ever done this one???[&o]

Whilst struggling with a warped fuz for my Facet 1200, I ammonia and watered it...... it was better but still warping slightly, all down to me storing it badly it has to be said.

Anyways....... thought right, the goings kind of good, so if I grab a former, and cyano it in place while pressing down hard, it will grab the warp, the ammonia and water will dry, nice flat surface.

Just to make sure I used Zap a Gap which takes a bit longer to cure, so I used an kicker to let the glue go off.

I had not thought about the few drops of ca that got into my palm, but I sure as hell did when the kicker hit it....

I could not let go of the fuz side as was now stuck to it, and I realised, there was nothing I could do but sthink about screamin, but I was "home alone" so even that did not work[sm=crying.gif] I'm telling you, this hurt,

So guys, just be a bit careful, I now have a 1 inch diameter burn, gone right throught two dermis layers for about 1/4". The top is all part cyano and skin......

Mind the model is looking good, and the warp, well, knife edge will be better left handed!!!
Old 05-15-2005, 04:50 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Ouch, that hurts!!!

Ouch!! I've never done that but wondered what would happen if I did........I've heard the hissing and seen all the smoke when i used those products. [:@]
Old 05-15-2005, 05:03 PM

[].... laughing with you.

yet, heeding the warning. sorry to hear it happened.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:29 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been there, done that. When CA first came out in the seventies, "Hot Stuff", it was called, we used to use baking soda as a gap filler, and the CA was "hot', you know, very active...I had baking soda on my fingertip and got one single DROP of CA on there, and literally BURNED a hole in my finger. My fingerprints were permanently modified and are now very distinguished, thereby eliminating me from a life of crime.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:29 PM
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I always keep some acetone readily available, it cools the burn and helps get you unstuck . Been there across all four fingers holding fiberglass in place while putting ca into the glass. It hurts tremendously!
Old 05-16-2005, 01:37 AM

[:@]

try to use some pvc gloves...

better they stay glued on the model, not the fingers...
Old 05-16-2005, 02:15 AM

btw, it exist from some epoxy manufacturer "chemical gloves" ..

is a cream that you put on yours hands before the works, and make like an invisible glove on the hand, and help to keep the fingers healty...

i use it and it helps a lot!!
Old 05-16-2005, 07:29 AM

Ugh, been there, done that. CA + kicker is one heck of an exothermic reaction! I had no idea it generated so much heat! It's a double whammy because you not only burn yourself, but you also have to peal off whatever is stuck to you.