Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Need Help With My  ( Y.A. StarfireII ) PLEASE >

Need Help With My ( Y.A. StarfireII ) PLEASE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Need Help With My ( Y.A. StarfireII ) PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help With My ( Y.A. StarfireII ) PLEASE

Hello, and thank you.

I have just recently made the jump over to turbines. I purchased the Yellow Aircraft StarfireII with the conversion kit that they offer as well.

What I need help with is a suitable power plant, building tips, fuel tanks, ect.... You name it I am listening. I am going to need every little bit of advice and knowledge I can get my hands on.

I thank you all in advance.
Old 11-11-2002, 08:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gordon,

Good choice. I've flown that plane with a RAM 1000, a Simjet 1200 and most recently, a JetCat P-80. I think the P-80 is the way to go for sure, and I'll be more than happy to help with whatever I can on that plane. You can give me a call or an email. I've got a few tips and tricks and shortcuts, as I've built the Starfire five times!

Shaun
Old 11-11-2002, 01:44 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default P-80 or P-120

Yep, the Jet Cat is the way to go! Make sure the Jet Cat has at least a 4.0 version ECU. If you've got extra money get a P-120, comply with the AMA regs on thrust, the P-80 & the P-120 are almost exactly the same weight & size!

The one thing you don't want to do is get a turbine that isn't reliable, or repairable! Jet Cat is the way to go at this point in time!
Lee H. DeMary
AMA 36099
Old 11-11-2002, 02:31 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Default SIMJET 1200

Gordon,

I have the ARF Starfire with a Simjets 1200 installed and it flys great!!! The airframe will handle just about anything you can stuff in it. I would suggest getting the conformal tanks from Y/A if you don't have them already. I also used Tams pipe, fits perfectly. I have built several and the only mods I have done is have the nose gear door servo operated and added some ducts to the body. Drop me an e-mail if you need anything. Shaun is a good source of info.

Jay
Old 11-11-2002, 05:22 PM
My Feedback: (44)

Did you guys have to modify the landing gear MOUNTS in the wings? Are the plug in wings strong enough for a hard landing with fuel? What retracts did you use for the turbine version?
Old 11-11-2002, 07:16 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Ehab,
I have never had to modify the LG mounts when using HD Spring Air retracts. I use robart struts with 3/16 wire in my turbine version. The plug-in wings are extremely strong!!! Maybe Shaun will chime in here about one of his not so gracefull landings.. I've bounce mine a couple of times and everything held together.

Jay