Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 www.bvmprops.com >

www.bvmprops.com

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

www.bvmprops.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 06:31 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: www.bvmprops.com

ORIGINAL: jason

I recon its a simple case of BV first getting another company other than comp arf to make the Arf Bandit then because of that comp arf refusing to make any more bobcats and kingcats and keeping the molds. Mr V then sits there and trys to think of a way to damage comp arfs business as they have to him so he decides to sell the nearest thing he can to there prop stuff.

Anyway I don't really care as long as my Arf Bandit is there to pick in November!

Take it easy
Jason
I'd GUESS you are right about the Arf Bandit part...I suppose THAT is what Extreme was making and what got Andreas upset?
Doubt Mr. V would be that petty and vengeful to put his name on this line just to spite Geitz, that's cutting off your nose to spite your face, but who knows? More likely, he just saw a way to make some money...and maybe help support his new supplier by making sure more product moves out the door?

As far as BV for sale, first I am hearing of that rumor!
Old 05-17-2006, 06:40 PM
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he has not hosed the guy for 4-1/2 mos only 3 weeks
Old 05-17-2006, 08:47 PM
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BV is showing the planes here at Joe Nall this weekend. Very nice stuff.

Dustin and Dave S. flew a demo today with a couple of DA100 powered Edges. Looks like they fly extremely well.

Fun to see the BVM guys with props and gasoline jugs. Hey, I even saw David wrench on his own plane today. What has the world come to
Old 05-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: John Christensen

BV is showing the planes here at Joe Nall this weekend. Very nice stuff.

Dustin and Dave S. flew a demo today with a couple of DA100 powered Edges. Looks like they fly extremely well.

Fun to see the BVM guys with props and gasoline jugs. Hey, I even saw David wrench on his own plane today. What has the world come to
Dunno what the world is coming to, but I do know that AIRWORLD is poised to take over the world, no doubt about it.[8D]
Old 05-17-2006, 09:16 PM
My Feedback: (94)

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

, and I had to bite my tongue,

ET, you know I don't mean this in an offensive way, but I never thought I would ever read you type that [sm=lol.gif] LOL!!!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Banned

Oh, man, all the time! It's PAINFUL! Sometimes, though, you know something and you just cannot say. But usually it's good enough to just know the truth for myself.

I was just looking at the Airworld site again...pretty fantastic stuff. It's people like that, and there will probably be more of them, that are why BV is checking his six and getting worried. A few years back, the competition was way back in the dust. Not anymore.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:38 PM
My Feedback: (12)

sweet 2,000.00 airplane kits[X(] ugh![:'(]
Old 05-17-2006, 10:53 PM
My Feedback: (73)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: littlepiston

actually, the prices for the planes on www.bvmprops.com are right in line with equivalent manufacturers products, if not cheaper ... the $2k+ pattern plane ARF is actually cheap compared to other 1.40-1.60 pattern kits out there that are not even in ARF form ... the Edge for $1300 with that paint job is a great deal too compared to comparable models. Think and analyze before you criticize .. Im not in the market for a sport prop plane right now, but if i was looking for a 3d job for my 100cc twin, yea, i'd seriously consider the stuff he sells ( as i would have from Don Kanak also, who is another distributor for the same product brand)

Wojtek
Old 05-17-2006, 10:56 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: wojtek

actually, the prices for the planes on www.bvmprops.com are right in line with equivalent manufacturers products, if not cheaper ... the $2k+ pattern plane ARF is actually cheap compared to other 1.40-1.60 pattern kits out there that are not even in ARF form ... the Edge for $1300 with that paint job is a great deal too compared to comparable models. Think and analyze before you criticize .. Im not in the market for a sport prop plane right now, but if i was looking for a 3d job for my 100cc twin, yea, i'd seriously consider the stuff he sells ( as i would have from Don Kanak also, who is another distributor for the same product brand)

Wojtek
A purple paint job and some BVM stickers would command an extra $500, at least. The name has value. Probably lost a bunch with this move, but it still has value.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:26 PM
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ghost_rider

FWIW, BV is not the only Jet manufacturer moving towards prop. I know of another jet manufacturer that I respect very dearly that has been working on A BIG……I MEAN BIG prop project.
Aw, c'mon Ghost---Everyone knows about Tom Cook's new big project.....Don't they?!?!?!???

Kevin

PS---Am I hallucinating????---Is that a BVM ad I just saw here on RCU??????
Old 05-17-2006, 11:34 PM

All i know is I want one !!! it will be one of the most magnificent models ever kitted ! big, scale, mean and ugly !! ( in a good way that is )

Voy

Old 05-17-2006, 11:53 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Please dont start talking about props here.Jets Only .................unless its a turbo prop
Old 05-18-2006, 03:35 AM

BV is known for there ridiculess prices [>:]
Old 05-18-2006, 07:34 AM

if the prices are too high for you then don't pay ... go somewhere else, maybe scratch build from plans, thats a lot cheaper ... Though some stuff is overpriced, mostly its a very good value. Having been in the business for so many years, and running a show with so many employees, hey, he deserves to make a good $ too ! based on your previous post , sounds like you don't have much to base your comments on anyway, as in particular the prices on these prop planes are RIGHT IN LINE with the rest of the industry when looking at comparable aircraft.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Has uncle Bob kissed & made up with RCU? I see he is advertising on RCU now.

Regards
Old 05-18-2006, 11:42 AM

yeah its been like that for ever ,, THE guy is
KRAZY
ORIGINAL: wojtek

if the prices are too high for you then don't pay ... go somewhere else, maybe scratch build from plans, thats a lot cheaper ... Though some stuff is overpriced, mostly its a very good value. Having been in the business for so many years, and running a show with so many employees, hey, he deserves to make a good $ too ! based on your previous post , sounds like you don't have much to base your comments on anyway, as in particular the prices on these prop planes are RIGHT IN LINE with the rest of the industry when looking at comparable aircraft.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

Woj - I wouldnt mind buying the BVM Company for $5 mil. Do you think he will take food stamps as a partial payment? Maybe he will even let me make payments for the next 42 years. I think Im gonna buy one of the prop planes with a DA 100. I think it sounds great. Maybe we can get the OTHER Shulman on our team!!!! -Patrick
Old 05-18-2006, 03:05 PM

aren't props for guys who can't fly jets????????????????????????? didn't you all graduate ,to jets ,why go backwards ? spend your money on something cool , not the same arf that ten guys at the local club field are flying and being shulman wannabees!!!!!!!!!![sm=thumbdown.gif]
oh, and by the way giant prop talk is on down the road at another forum
Old 05-18-2006, 03:18 PM

The doors wide open[>:]
Old 05-18-2006, 04:16 PM

please hold it open long enough that all the prop heads spin on down the road[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 05-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

PROPS ARE FOR BOATS

Old 05-18-2006, 07:12 PM

RIGHT ON BRUTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

Im gonna buy one cause its a BVM Product. I dont care if BVM comes out with purple panties with a skid mark down the middle......... Im gonna buy a pair. sm=thumbup.gif] I applaud my Uncle Bob for reaching out to other avenues. Thats what smart business men do. In my book he's the shizel on my monizel baby! -Patrick
Old 05-19-2006, 06:00 AM

Patrick,I am sure you will buy more than one pair,you might even get a chance to purchase a pair worn by the man himself.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:14 AM
My Feedback: (1)

I reckon there are actually guys out there that would fight over a pair of those

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.