Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 vampire questions >

vampire questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

vampire questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vampire questions

hey guys, hope someone can lead me a bit, i am new to jets (20 years in rc aircraft tho) i just aquired a set of plans for a vampire that has been enlarged to 80" span, i figured this would be a good one to start with, should be stable, ect. would like to go ducted fan (the cost of turbines is a bit much for me as a entry level) i would like to know what engine/fan would be right for this one
thx guys
Old 07-28-2006, 07:39 PM

Default RE: vampire questions

hey guys, this post has had alot of readers but no replys, i wont hold a gun to your head if it dont work out, just need a bit of guidance.
i am thinking all up weight will be right around 20-22 lbs, would a .90 fly it, which engines work out the best, which fan, do i need ducting? just give me your gut thoughts on it. i am very experanced at building and do alot of scratching.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:56 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Probaly the best person to talk to would be Kerry Sterner..He is the Vampire guru!
Old 07-28-2006, 09:04 PM

Given the size of the inlets on the plane I would probably say Viofan and .96 if you can find one very reliable and strong might be something to look into
Old 08-01-2006, 08:31 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

eagledancer,

I also offer a 1/6th scale Vampire plans and parts set which is 80". I can tell you that your guess of the finished weight of 20-22# is a good estimate and I would suspect it to be closer to 18-20#.

I do offer laser cut wood sets for the 1/6th Vamp and have them in stock as well as Canopies and F/G inlets.

I have had no-one convert one of my Vampires to Elec. D/F so I cannot be of any help except to say that the Vampire has a very generous wing area.

Please conact me if you have fruther questions.

Kerry J Sterner
610-746-9444

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87947.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	500106  
Old 08-01-2006, 10:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Highly likely that the design lends itself to be a good flyer, however, I can vouch for Kerry's Vampire because a friend of mine has built the larger version of it and the plane is a dream to see it fly. Very steady and not ballistic....a real scale model.

Recommended!

Reuben