Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Another posible scam! >

Another posible scam!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Another posible scam!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 11:34 PM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another posible scam!

Hi guys just to let you know my latest recent experience. I'm selling an item here in the ad section. Receive an offer from a guy whos user name is fokker1960. He claim to be a pilot of an airline and that he is flying to NY and can receive the product in his hotel. Look at the offer:

COMMENTS: hello,my name is john from holland.I am a pilot with KLM royal dutch airlines and will fly to new york on thursday august 3rd,i will be flying back the next day again.I would like you to ship the complete kit to my hotel,the roosevelt ,madison/45th street,NY,1007,USA.Please add:In care of:JOHN BUSKER,KLM CREW,ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES.The kit has to be there on aug 3rd,otherwise i wont be able to bring it back with me.give me your account nr and i will wire you the 1500 dollars,i would also like to negotiate about the shipping cost.gr john
-----------------------------------------
MEMBER: fokker1960

OK! the airline looks real and so the hotel. He is registered as his user name. I remove all the money from my account and send him the info for the wire transfer. Now I haven't heard a word from him. Sent him 3 emails without a respond. So my bank account was close and the offer was rejected. I allready reported this guy as possible scammer to mods. since he had no rates in the market place.

What you think? Any one that had make bussines with him before?

Thanks
Old 07-27-2006, 02:00 AM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another posible scam!

Definately smells fishy. Tell you what,give me your S.S.#, all your bank accounts and your date of birth and I'll check into it. No seriously, have you called the hotel,and would they give you any information. If he hasn't contacted you yet, just forget about it and consider yourself luck that you didn't fall into his trap.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:31 AM
My Feedback: (1)

What I don't understand is why people in the US are afraid giving away their bank account information ? In Europe we pay routinely by wire transfer and companies are printing their full bank account information on their commercial invoice. Are the U.S. banks so bad ? Seriously what are you afraid of by giving your customer / buyer your bank information ?

Sk
Old 07-27-2006, 02:44 AM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: avicom

Hi guys just to let you know my latest recent experience. I'm selling an item here in the ad section. Receive an offer from a guy whos user name is fokker1960. He claim to be a pilot of an airline and that he is flying to NY and can receive the product in his hotel. Look at the offer:

COMMENTS: hello,my name is john from holland.I am a pilot with KLM royal dutch airlines and will fly to new york on thursday august 3rd,i will be flying back the next day again.I would like you to ship the complete kit to my hotel,the roosevelt ,madison/45th street,NY,1007,USA.Please add:In care of:JOHN BUSKER,KLM CREW,ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES.The kit has to be there on aug 3rd,otherwise i wont be able to bring it back with me.give me your account nr and i will wire you the 1500 dollars,i would also like to negotiate about the shipping cost.gr john
-----------------------------------------
MEMBER: fokker1960

OK! the airline looks real and so the hotel. He is registered as his user name. I remove all the money from my account and send him the info for the wire transfer. Now I haven't heard a word from him. Sent him 3 emails without a respond. So my bank account was close and the offer was rejected. I allready reported this guy as possible scammer to mods. since he had no rates in the market place.

What you think? Any one that had make bussines with him before?

Thanks
i know John personaly yes
one of my best customers , so i dont think its a scam.
is this add for the hawk? he was looking for one.
i dont see the problem , you on the other hand call him allready a scammer , fraud etc etc
unbelieveble he asks you for your account number to actualy pay you and you empty your account? ha ha ha
this means you have skammed him out of the deal..
i guess you are the kind that only has trust in internet banking right?or if the internet page looks okay you order there right?
maybe you should have asked here more friendly about someone,s name..............
on the other hand i thought it was pretty crazy to pay someone for a plane he has never seen ..... think about that.
even worldwide the jet community is relative small , and there is always someone here that knows someone.
anyway since he is a pilot and fly,s regular all over the world ,maybe he cant read his email all the time.
i will tell him you said hello........[:-]

Old 07-27-2006, 02:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Philo

Definately smells fishy. Tell you what,give me your S.S.#, all your bank accounts and your date of birth and I'll check into it. No seriously, have you called the hotel,and would they give you any information. If he hasn't contacted you yet, just forget about it and consider yourself luck that you didn't fall into his trap.

sure bill.. hang em high beofre you know them..
Old 07-27-2006, 02:47 AM

ORIGINAL: baron-noir

What I don't understand is why people in the US are afraid giving away their bank account information ? In Europe we pay routinely by wire transfer and companies are printing their full bank account information on their commercial invoice. Are the U.S. banks so bad ? Seriously what are you afraid of by giving your customer / buyer your bank information ?

Sk
mm your tallking to a few ignorant people who hide behind the great firewall of a place called rc universe
if you dont respond within a few days your a scammer..and will be hanged for it.
nothing changed in the last 100 years.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:05 AM

I just call it like I see it. You know the guy, good for you, but avicom doesn't.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:32 AM

Well I wouldn't say they are ignorant, if really there are stories about bank account beeing emptied by someone else who got the bank info I would understand their reluctance.
But I mean how by God would that be possible ? Shouldn't the bank formally and undoubtfully authentify the person giving a transfer order ?
Old 07-27-2006, 03:34 AM

Well I wouldn't say they are ignorant, if really there are stories about bank account beeing emptied by someone else who got the bank info I would understand their reluctance.
But I mean how by God would that be possible ? Shouldn't the bank formally and undoubtfully authentify the person giving a transfer order ?
exactly you cant.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:39 AM

I just call it like I see it. You know the guy, good for you, but avicom doesn't.
i dont care.
a small thread called : anyone knows John busker from the netherlands?
and all would be ok.
anyway Avicom SELLS a kit , John wants the invoice and where to transfer the money.
its not like avicom paid something no he was GETTING money.
and avicom call it a scam to get his account number...
you must be ignorant not seeing this as a complete noncence and not called for.
i see lately it is happening more and more.
people schould be more carefull before calling them scammers.
first do your own research then make a thread..
Old 07-27-2006, 03:48 AM

well the swiss are organised ;-)

i like your vat (7%)
while our poor countrys have to pay 19%
the belgiums 21% and a extra 3% on toys.
germany 16%
however in 2007 it will all be 19%.
exept for the ,...................... swiss..
turbine flying is cheap in the swiss , no landing gears needed just toss them off the hill...
7% taxes..
no income tax (we pay 55%)
pffffffffffffffffff..

Old 07-27-2006, 04:09 AM

First of all, don'tblow a gasket on me, I didn't start the thread.
Second ,Don't call me ignorant. If I didn't know the guy,which I still don't and don't care, I would have done the same.
Third of all you talk of other people " hiding behind the great wall of RC universe", I believe you are doing the same, as I know you wouldn't speak in that manner to me in person. Trust Me
Old 07-27-2006, 04:27 AM

@Sandor

Why do you think mega companies are opening EU headquarters over-here ? VAT is actually 7,6% but it is not always an advantage, remember the thing about
showing your girlfriend the VAT amount as it beeing the cost of your purchase ? It would be to small to be believed... May we discuss the possibility to open a
swiss branch for your international business ??
Old 07-27-2006, 04:30 AM

@Sandor

Why do you think mega companies are opening EU headquarters over-here ? VAT is actually 7,6% but it is not always an advantage, remember the thing about
showing your girlfriend the VAT amount as it beeing the cost of your purchase ? It would be to small to be believed... May we discuss the possibility to open a
swiss branch for your international business ??
No we cant since we need to have the stock in the swiss.
we cant just send a invoice from the swiss to a customer and ship a turbine from here.
our tax would have me nailed and trown in jail.
we would have to move to the swiss fysical.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:34 AM

First of all, don'tblow a gasket on me, I didn't start the thread.
Second ,Don't call me ignorant. If I didn't know the guy,which I still don't and don't care, I would have done the same.
Third of all you talk of other people " hiding behind the great wall of RC universe", I believe you are doing the same, as I know you wouldn't speak in that manner to me in person. Trust Me
i didn,.t
do a search
i am not doing the same i have 5 phone numbers , skype , fax , internet site
and all my deatails are always written in full in my emails and website.
and there is the search button and google.
wow in person? what was that?
if you dont now the person why do you reply then?
if a frined of yours is attacked you would do the same.
enought said .the guy is 100% procent to me.
maybe next time you fly KLM ask who is the captain
Old 07-27-2006, 04:37 AM
My Feedback: (14)

Hey Sandor I don't care what you think. I'm not rich and I spend a Fu--ing year in war in order to get the money to fly a jet. It's not easy to risk your own life for the welfare of other with no thanks. I know the airline, I flew to Kuwait with them. And I know the hotel.
But asking me for my banking account and dissapear for few days makes me worry. I you also feels insulted my appologies to you also

I personally don't know John. Now I'm glad you do.
1. I called my bank for advice.
2. He had no rates
3. Sent him warning emails about the deal with no respond withing few days.
4. Ask RCadmin about the case

All this before talked to rcadmin. And read carefully I said possible. If he is not I'll let you guys know.

Now if I'm wrong my appologies to him. This early morning he contact me again. And said sorry for the missunderstanding. So I allready give him appologies here in public.

This one for you John. Since you have made me a new offer, I will give you a second try.

Rgds,
Alejandro
Old 07-27-2006, 06:15 AM

ORIGINAL: avicom

Hey Sandor I don't care what you think. I'm not rich and I spend a Fu--ing year in war in order to get the money to fly a jet. It's not easy to risk your own life for the welfare of other with no thanks. I know the airline, I flew to Kuwait with them. And I know the hotel.
But asking me for my banking account and dissapear for few days makes me worry. I you also feels insulted my appologies to you also

I personally don't know John. Now I'm glad you do.
1. I called my bank for advice.
2. He had no rates
3. Sent him warning emails about the deal with no respond withing few days.
4. Ask RCadmin about the case

All this before talked to rcadmin. And read carefully I said possible. If he is not I'll let you guys know.

Now if I'm wrong my appologies to him. This early morning he contact me again. And said sorry for the missunderstanding. So I allready give him appologies here in public.

This one for you John. Since you have made me a new offer, I will give you a second try.

Rgds,
Alejandro

good i had a fu--ng hart attack last year and i am still working .
i can only work for 5 hours a day , if i have a show on a weekend it takes me 3 days to recover with hurts back injuties ,very tired etc etc.
i service turbines and work mostly more hours then any employee i know.
still i dont care..and dont complain.

you should have called your bank BEFORE you rated him. and do a simple search.
anyway the matter is closed for me.
he is a good customer and has always paid his bills and orders.
so next time be carefull who you blame , this way you make the good one,s suffer.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:15 AM
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sandor--The man said he was sorry---And, yes, the deal as it initially went down sounded fishy and too good to be true to me, too....When he received no reply what was he supposed to think???

I'll bet John is glad that he has a friend in you that will stick up for him....Now take a nitro pill, settle back in your easy chair, and let these two finish conducting their business......[sm=thumbup.gif]

Kevin
Old 07-27-2006, 07:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Kevin Greene

Sandor--The man said he was sorry---And, yes, the deal as it initially went down sounded fishy and too good to be true to me, too....When he received no reply what was he supposed to think???

I'll bet John is glad that he has a friend in you that will stick up for him....Now take a nitro pill, settle back in your easy chair, and let these two finish conducting their business......[sm=thumbup.gif]

Kevin
so if you sell something and you have a customer who wants to pay it.
you think it is fishy?.
i should remember this when a customer orders my products.
i will post a message here that someone tried to order something and he asked for all our company details to make a payment.

as i said the case is also closed for me.
and you have to bring out my illness? that is low man!

Old 07-27-2006, 07:55 AM
My Feedback: (24)

Alejandro,
While I agree, at first look, this offer does sound a bit phishy BUT... Like Sandor, I know John Busker quite well. He is a customer of mine and his requests for shipment to the Rosevelt hotel is normal for his orders. When in the states, this is a ritual location for him. Bank transfer is also normal practise when he is unable to pay by CC and is of no risk to you at all. Always good to be cautious, this is one of the good guys however ;-)
Todd
Old 07-27-2006, 10:00 AM
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Ok, no point in letting the mud fly any further, closing this one.