Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Programming a JR 10X for a Boomer XL... >

Programming a JR 10X for a Boomer XL...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Programming a JR 10X for a Boomer XL...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 11:22 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Programming a JR 10X for a Boomer XL...

Hi Guys,

I'm a Futaba guy...

I'm attempting to program a 10X for friend's a new Boomer XL. He's got 8 x 8611's and Y harnesses on the flaps, rudders, and the split elevators.

Could someone please give me a summary of how they've set up the flaps and the crow feature? I'm gonna dig out the manual tonight and have a go at it, but I could sure use a few hints you you've got any.

Thanks!
Kelly
Old 08-02-2006, 10:50 PM
AlW
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Programming a JR 10X for a Boomer XL...

Hi Kelly,
I am suprised that noboby has jumped in to give you some help with your programming question. Heres how my KingCat is set up. The only place that I use a y harness is on the elevator halves. When you use y harnesses the mechanical linkages have to be absolutely identical otherwise both surfaces will not track each other-I lucked out with my elevator halves and they track very well except at the full down position where they are just a little bit off. The rudders and nose gear steering are all on a matchbox which is very easy to set up. The flaps also use a match box. My airplane uses crow-go to BVs website and look at his crow setup for the KingCat/BobCat. He gives details on the mixes needed to accomplish this on the 10x. I also use Flight Modes on my KingCat for the flap operation. FM-0 is normal flight; FM-1 is take off flaps andFM-2 is landing flaps. The big advantage to using flight modes is that you can trim the airplane in each flight mode without affecting the other modes and the transmitter stores those trims. My retracts are on the normal retract switch and not tied to the flight modes.
Are you able to make Whidbey on Friday? I will be flying the KingCat so we could talk more at that time. Hope this helps,
Al Watson
Old 08-02-2006, 11:04 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

AL, thanks for the info!

Sure seemed cool in here since I posted this one... Figured it would be useful info for other Boomer pilots to have up. When I have it all wrapped up I'm gong to post the detailed summary.

Like I said I'm a Futaba guy though, so I'm just getting started on this. I'm a little busy lately (got a number of PST's in for servicing at the moment...), but I was leaning towards setting it up very close to what you've got, with 3 flight modes and separated from the retracts. I'm gong to try the Y harnesses for now, since the aircraft's owner is starting to run close to his budget on the build.

Looks like Whidbey is a go for Friday. I'll be coming down with a new jet guy in training and his Euro Sport. I'm going to buddy box him a while to get his MAAC letter of proficiency in time for the Whidbey Rally. I'm also bringing my HotSpot and Stingray. Hopefully the boarder isn't toooo bad though, since it'll be the beginning of a long weekend... Hope to see you guys around 10:30 or 11AM.

By the way, I tamed down that weird Stingray roll oscillation problem. I bought some servos with much better centering and the problem has pretty well vanished, finally.....

Kelly
Old 08-02-2006, 11:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kelly

I set up the crow on my Big Boomer but like you I am a Futaba guy. On my 9Z I have the flaps set up on the 3 position 'G' switch (right top forward). Take off flaps are around 40 degrees and full flaps look like 89 degrees. The flaps look almost at right angles to the wing. I have used switch 'C' (right front inside) for my crow which I have mixed seperately with the ailerons. I have about 25 degrees up on each aileron in the mix. Just ask Dean how effective the crow is. He said "It looks like you are a little hot, better go around" just about the time I hit the crow switch and the Big Boomer landed at a walk just in front of us. Works for me.
Sorry I can't help you with the JR.

Roy