Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Don Kanak YOUR SINDING OUT VIRUSES >

Don Kanak YOUR SINDING OUT VIRUSES

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Don Kanak YOUR SINDING OUT VIRUSES

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 06:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Don Kanak YOUR SINDING OUT VIRUSES

I got a email from Don and it was a virus the virus detector found it first but just wanted to tell everyone.

Be careful.

David Elizondo
[email protected]

Ps who is Don Kanak anyway? Cant remember if I emailed him or what.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:53 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Viruses

It might not have been intentional guys.

A while back my computer got infected with a nasty virus that automatically called and infected everyone on my contact list without me knowing it. I didn't even know I had the virus until I started getting e-mails back from computer security systems informing me I was trying to infect their system. I wound up getting Norton Internet Security (wish I had done so a lot earlier) and I haven't had any problems since. Don't fall into the trap thinking you have to open attachments to get infected, on some of these newer viruses all you need to do is look at the e-mail. Even more insidious is somehow they manage to come at you with the names of people on your contact list so they don't look even the least bit suspicious. If you don't have Norton Internet Security or the equivalent you should get it right away.
Old 02-07-2002, 07:11 PM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Don Kanack,
is from Planes Plus out of the Chicago area, a jet supplier and modeler,
Old 02-07-2002, 07:17 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default virus

found a virus that must have been sent to me without being detected. got with mcafee today and believe solved problem. as was said this virus infects computer and sends emails to people who have emailed you without your knowledge. sorry don
Old 02-07-2002, 07:36 PM

My system got the same thing about 2 months ago.. it automatically sends it to people ..it is not an intentional action by the sender...dag gone computer nurds with nothing better to do but mess with people. If i ever got my hands around the neck of one........I would end up in prison.

Andy
Old 02-07-2002, 07:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Virus

Don,

I am not blaming you I just wanted to worn people about it. I had a feeling that your computer had the virus and was sending it to people with out your knowlege. This happend to me with the quy from Icemouldings. Just wanted to make people aware of your Hiddious Virus your sending everone. Just playing Don. If you really want to make it up to me Just give me a 50% off any turbine cupon and we will call it even

David Elizondo
elizondo10@hotmail.

ps just email the cupon I wont tell no one
Old 02-07-2002, 08:03 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default worm virus

That particular worm virus, if it is the same one I had, looks like it came from someone else, but at the same time it is emailing others, it also emails YOU, as if it came from someone you know. Mine came in as part of being on an idividuals mailing list.

It is easy to fix, go to cnet.com and look up worm virus, and they will hook you up.

Ray
Old 02-07-2002, 08:47 PM
bkf
My Feedback: (5)

Put a fake invalid email address starting with the number 0 which will put it on the top of your address book. If a virus sends out your list it will hit this fake address and the resulting servers will send you a message saying that "email address is not valid, can't be found, etc.) and you will know. Bkf