Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 F-15 Weights- how true? >

F-15 Weights- how true?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

F-15 Weights- how true?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 06:05 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-15 Weights- how true?

I am looking around at various manufacturers of F-15s and they seem to have some big weight diffs. the Fei bao is 18 pounds and the Extreme jets is 22 pounds, what i was wondering is how accurate are these statements and if they are wrong how much do they weigh. I have a new JF-100 23 pound turbine and i suspect i need to get the lightest aircraft inorder to get good performance.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:59 PM
My Feedback: (44)

Default RE: F-15 Weights- how true?

For me, I always ADD 2-4 lbs [:@]to what ever the spec say to avoid being disappointed. If "MY "total weight seems adequate for the airframe, turbine, and my liking then I go ahead and consider buying the jet. I have found that the new Bandit ARF to be very accurate in published weight having built and flown one.

the Yellow F15 ARF is a great looking jet. I have not weighed it yet , but I can "feel" that it will not be a porker with one engine. I may end up putting two small turbine with the obvious weight penalty but this plane can take the extra weight and that is the point I am making!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 07:18 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi, Gidusko

see this picture , about Skymaster ARF PLUS is 10lbs for airframe,the total dry weight can be: 20lbs under (9.5kg)

because the ARF PLUS by new technologies, that old version was over 22 lbs, not one can be under 18lbs, unless the ARF PLUS with Elevons version,

Best Regards

Anton
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52283.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	626808  
Old 02-21-2007, 08:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A customer here has the old version F-15 from Skymaster. This is very similar to the Xtreme jets model, and it weights around 22lbs dry. Here are a few videos of this jet powered by the JF-100 Falcon. The new ARF PLUS version is lighter than the old.

The second video the F-15 appears at the end.

http://www.jetsrc.com/videos/F-15_JetsRC.wmv
http://www.jetsrc.com/videos/JetsRC_Aeropicnic2006.wmv

Hope this helps...

Michel
Old 02-21-2007, 08:40 PM
My Feedback: (1)

thanks for your help guys, I hope there are a buch of jet vendors at fl Jets this year, It would be good to be able to see whats available. If the opp presents ill get one there. Thanks for your help and if anybody would like to add personal expierence to this question ie ya have a jet by some manufacturer and know how much it weighs dry id be greatfull
Old 02-22-2007, 02:54 AM

Hi
Another video of F15
Avonds F15 and a Hawk 100R turbine
You should also look at Avonds F15 if you need a light one... All data about take of weight and fuel in the movie.
This is the old kit.

http://www.hawkturbine.com/gallery/film/film.asp

Regards
Anders Wikman