Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 FRANKLIN WISCONSIN HAS JETS! >

FRANKLIN WISCONSIN HAS JETS!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FRANKLIN WISCONSIN HAS JETS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 06:46 AM
TSR
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FRANKLIN WISCONSIN HAS JETS!

More jets, more people... that's what it seemed like at Franklin, Wisconsin's RAMS Field on Memorial Day. Resistant to change from the old 40 size trainers and a time locked set of club officals, the era of jets came in with lot's of people looking on as the jets took center stage for the first time at that field. Tom Ryan, Roger Olsen and Darral Hossella provided the jets and proved jets could fly well from a grass field once reserved for prop driven RC aircraft! Anyone in the area or looking to join in are welcome.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:36 AM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FRANKLIN WISCONSIN HAS JETS!

Glad to hear there are more jets in a neighboring state!
Keep the Minnesota Jet Rally in mind, the third Fri-Sunday in August!
DD
Old 05-30-2007, 08:42 AM
TSR

Will do! Hope to get to as many jet events as possible this summer! Love to see new sites, meet the people and look at all the jets! Thanks
T.S.R.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:36 PM
My Feedback: (37)

I'm a prop plane member of the R.A.M.S. Club. I was there flying that day, took pictures and it was cool to see 3 different jets fly on the same day. There were so many pilots and planes, it felt like a Fun Fly !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28384.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	694342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76928.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	694343   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lr39111.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	694344  
Old 05-31-2007, 07:53 AM
TSR

Funny, the old time thinking that was always geared to 40 size trainers and kept that way by the RAMS leadership has been shifted, now high tech equipment and more over "JETS" have arrived and been accepted, not by the club officals as it should be, but by the members themselves, the one's who fly! They've said "no more old days old ways!" Jets bring a sense of new excitement to the field, and those who look on, both pilots and non-pilots alike said "were always happy to see jets fly." Those club officals and officers who are stuck in a time warp and resist change can't help to now notice the thrill jets bring to a flying site. Jets at the RAMS field are here to stay that's for sure and, it's about time. Come join us, you're always welcome.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:56 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm working on it.
Unfortunately my available time is limited so it will not be till next summer before I will finish building my Y.A. Stingray[]. (unless of course someone makes me an offer I can not refuse on a RTF Turbine trainer )
These kits take forever to assemble.