Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 tree was shorter yesterday! (fun video:) >

tree was shorter yesterday! (fun video:)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

tree was shorter yesterday! (fun video:)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 02:23 PM
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default tree was shorter yesterday! (fun video:)

i feel for the guy but its funny!
always have a camera with you[sm=thumbup.gif][8D]

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=WwaZuy...eature=related
Old 08-04-2008, 02:49 PM
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tree was shorter yesterday! (fun video:)

what is so funny about the video is when the guy is ready to slam his radio on the ground.

Ron
Old 08-04-2008, 03:12 PM

Received 234 Likes on 122 Posts

I think the commentators were funnier.. Anyways, is it just me or did that look like a deadstick landing? If so, that raises my next question.. why were the flaps and gear down that far out if you didn't have power available?
Old 08-04-2008, 03:32 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

unfortunately i have too much personal experience in this... twice with jets ..maybe more. but that tree would meet mr chainsaw very shortly afterward...
Old 08-04-2008, 03:39 PM
My Feedback: (31)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Your question is very dependent on how much experience he has with that jet. He did just fine with it in my opinion, and the tree made it end worse than it had to unfortunately. Kind of reminds me of when Joe McBride tried to make an emergency landing with Lou's large F-117 a few years ago at BITW (Palm Springs) and if it wasn't for the three foot high dirt pile he would have made the landing. When you’re concentrating on your jet to make a safe landing you don't tend to realize the obstacles coming at you.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:13 PM

Received 234 Likes on 122 Posts

ORIGINAL: Airforce7

Your question is very dependent on how much experience he has with that jet. He did just fine with it in my opinion, and the tree made it end worse than it had to unfortunately. Kind of reminds me of when Joe McBride tried to make an emergency landing with Lou's large F-117 a few years ago at BITW (Palm Springs) and if it wasn't for the three foot high dirt pile he would have made the landing. When you’re concentrating on your jet to make a safe landing you don't tend to realize the obstacles coming at you.
Very true. I dont have any experience w/ a DV8r but with everything i've always flown (RC and fullscale) i've always made it a habbit to keep as much "junk" out of the airflow till the last minute in situations that require you to. Still think he would of been ok if it hadn't of been for that tree.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:07 PM
My Feedback: (18)

ORIGINAL: Airforce7

[When you’re concentrating on your jet to make a safe landing you don't tend to realize the obstacles coming at you.]

Funny, I didn't see any obstacles coming at him or the jet! eehehehhe... I saw a tree standing completely still and didn't move! hah..
Don
Old 08-04-2008, 05:45 PM

It did look like a dead stick landing, but he didnt slam the radio onto the ground in the vid that i seen(strapped to his neck)
Old 08-04-2008, 06:30 PM
My Feedback: (13)

What were the three spotters doing?[:@] Thank's for the help.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't think the crash was funny at all. But, I think the comments from the prop guys were. "What happened? Dit Queeaut?", lol followed by, "that'n right their is quicker, ew wee boy"!

I love it. Makes an Arky feel at home to hear that.

Andy
Old 08-04-2008, 09:38 PM

You know the old old old rc airplane saying.......

I hate to see anyone crash their plane........but I hate to miss it too!

Don
Old 08-05-2008, 03:33 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel sorry for the guy because any mishap with your plane stinks. But on the other hand I am glad to see it was one of those stupid looking planes. Those DV8R's are the most ridiculous, stupid-looking planes I have ever seen; the Facet is in second place. They rank right up there with the Pontiac Aztec.

Sorry for your mishap but it didn't look like there was a whole lot of damage from the clip. Hopefully it's repaired by now.

Les
Old 08-05-2008, 07:05 AM

Les,
Have you seen a DV8R in person up close and personal? They are a neat looking plane.

In the air they have a great silhouette. I've never owned one but I have seen a few fly and I think they're pretty sharp and great looking in the air.

Now it's little brother the AV8R....that think is butt ugly and the one I had and several that I know of....flew terrible...

The guys I talk to that fly the DV8R like the way they fly...

Don