Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 TAILORMADE PC Crash ! >

TAILORMADE PC Crash !

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

TAILORMADE PC Crash !

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TAILORMADE PC Crash !

To whom it may concern:
I have just been informed , that TailormadeDecals is unable to respond to incoming e-mails or work on current projects,due to a fatal hard disc crash. Tailormade lost a mayor part of their files about decals ,e-mails ......
Although the damaged disc is under repair at "Ontrack", it will take a few days until Tailormade can start to go on with the regular work.
Ralf of Tailormade asked me to post this, as he is unable to go in the internet and he also appologizes for any unconvenience.

Ilja
PS : Ralf, you should have heared my advice to image your hard disc from time to time !
Old 08-06-2008, 11:03 AM

Default RE: TAILORMADE PC Crash !

Ilja

I know just how he feels. My hard disc failed just as I was finishing the RCJI magazine last issue. Luckily I have a back up external drive and managed to recover all the data from it. I had only just the day before backed it up so the magazine was not delayed. Getting all the programs back up and running as you had it before is another matter though. Luckily the computer experts are able often to get the data off the old drive if it is not too badly damaged.

John
Old 08-06-2008, 12:08 PM

If they can repair the hard disc, it will be very costly, Ralf said.Latest information of "Ontrack" was that it doesn`t look good and it is still possible that all of his files are gone for ever.
Ilja
Old 08-06-2008, 01:48 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch.

Last email I have from Ralf says he was extremely close to sending me jpg proofs of decals for my Jag. It would suck if he has to do all that work over from scratch... or if he gives up in despair at all that he has lost []

Poor guy.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:25 PM

Hi Guys,

oh oh, I know that are not good news. I will get a call from Ontrack tomorrow and hope the nice voice will tell me nice tings. But I guess all the files will lost. I had saved all my decal files 8 weeks ago (dont know if the saving is gone complete, had saved in the noght time and havent checked), this will help to work in the future.

Gordon:

I think the file with the Jag decals is lost complete, I hope you have saved the bagde in high resolutio, so it will be easier to draw it agin, all the maintenance nomenclature will take 3 hours work. I had made the placement and the right sizes in the right scale at Sunday evening, had finished the right hand, left hand and top view. had to make only the bottom view, Monday morning 9 o clock the computer is crasched...

I will not give up!!!!! I´m loving all that model airplanes with tailormadedecals....

Okay, I will get a new HD at friday and ry to restart the PC until Thuesday next week. I have to install many programs, network and and and and hope I will be able to receive/send emails from Wed next week.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:45 PM

Hi Ralle,

Yes, I have the last badge image that you emailed me. I will email it back to you next Friday or so, when you hopefully have email working again.

Don't worry about the timeframe for getting my stuff done BTW - whenever you get around to it is fine... take a break to recoup or handle any higher priority stuff first if you want ... I'm just glad to hear that you aren't giving up after a hard hit like this.

Gordon
Old 08-06-2008, 04:09 PM

I have a program called HARD DISK SENTINEL which provides a continued report on the state of the harddisk. It also provides a small icon giving you the p/c temperature. Don't think its full proof but at least it might provide some early warning system.
I would rather not seeing it happen but should it does happen sometime and I am never lucky. Now, I also back-up on another harddisk and also on DVDs when enough material is created to back on DVD

Sorry for the loss, it happened to me a few months ago and since then I learnt my lesson.

Reuben
Old 08-06-2008, 05:09 PM
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

here goes my su35 decals[:@]

Old 08-06-2008, 07:42 PM

Hang in there Ralle! Sorry to hear about your loss, but you do to fine of work to slow down. You are a true craftsman.

Woody
Old 08-08-2008, 06:02 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Ralle,

i have had problems with loss of data also, also some with decal files.
I have done the following: Master work is done on hard drive. After each change i put an update on an USB stick. Also i have put together a folder in which i keep high-resolution printouts of the files, so in case BOTH data carriers are lost i still have a backup.

That'*s the best way to guarantee an endless life of your HDD, a law of nature is that stuff that is available twice will never break :-)
Old 08-10-2008, 09:32 AM

Hi Guys,

Now I´m able to send and receive emails. If anybody had ordered decals last weeks, please contact: [email protected]

Old 08-10-2008, 02:11 PM

Gordon,

I have good news. I have found the Jaguar file! still working!!! have to make the placement know, need the wingspan and lenght again.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:32 PM

ORIGINAL: RalleKnalle

Gordon,

I have good news. I have found the Jaguar file! still working!!! have to make the placement know, need the wingspan and lenght again.
Hi Ralle,

It's in the email I forwarded to you, but for convenience here it is again:

Wingspan is 54"
Length of model is 85"

Gordon
Old 08-12-2008, 03:52 PM

Just want let you know that tailormade is working. I have lost some files and guess I will be able to clear the backlog next weeks...I´m sorry for all circumstance.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:15 PM
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

did the su35 ones survived?
Old 08-12-2008, 11:31 PM

the Su-27/30/35 decals survived!!