Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
MB339 Jetteam or Graupner >

MB339 Jetteam or Graupner

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

MB339 Jetteam or Graupner

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MB339 Jetteam or Graupner

Hi guy's, I was wondering if anyone here has had any first hand experience either building or flying either the Jetteam or Graupner MB339 kits, or for that matter even seen either of these two models fly? I am having difficulty finding out very much about these models? I am looking for a larger scale version of the MB339 than the smaller Cermark ARF MB 339.

Cheers-
Old 05-23-2003, 07:57 PM

Default JETTEAM

hi Marty
I think the Graupner is the same as the Cermark,
Jetteam MB339 is supplied by a german firm a gentleman called Goetz[URL=http://www.goetz-gfk-modelle.com

I had one on order from Jetteam for over 6 months got allsorts of excuses and finally went elsewhere ended up with a Christen Diffusion Raptor.

The 339 will take an AMT Pegasus HP and is built to a very high standard,super scale undercarriage all detail pre moulded and flies like a pattern ship.

I think you will get more sense out of Mr Goetz than Jetteam

Regards
Brian
Old 05-23-2003, 09:01 PM

Received 739 Likes on 533 Posts

Guy's

The Graupner MB 339 is NOT the same.
It's Graupner's own model made in their factory-it's not an ARTF the fuselage and wing centre is glass epoxy in white going out to the aileron joint (this includes the inlets) The tips are foam veneer-pre finsihed like the HotSpot wings.
The Tailplane halves are the same
The fin is moulded into the fuselage and the rudder is an epoxy moulding.

Most of the wood work is pre installed. It's a big model 1830mm span for a P80-P120 turbine.

It's semi Scale only as a "nice looking sport jet" The kit is supplied without flaps designed and Graupner say they are not needed.
It would be easy to fit flaps if you wanted.

The final release isn't here yet.

Dave Wilshere
Motors & Rotors UK
Old 05-24-2003, 05:11 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default MB 339

Ozcan,

The only thing I know about the Jetteam kit is what I have read in the magazine ads and on thier web page, but I have built and flown a MB-339 that is a similar size.
My Aeromacchi started life as a Italian Z-models kit, it has a 86" wingspan (without tip tanks) and is about 86" long too. This kit was originally designed for a Gleichaff (sp) fan and as designed was totally unsuitable for turbine power. I had to make VERY extensive modifications (read that "completely redesign it") to make it strong enough to handle a turbine, not to mention getting rid of the cavernous cheater hole in the bottom of the fuselage. Unless you really like to scratch build I would not reccommend this particular kit, but I do really like the way it flies and I would assume that the Jetteam kit will probably have similar characteristics in the air.
Jetteam started advertising thier -339 at about the same time I was finishing mine, and I was really bummed because it looked much more complete and more detailed than what I had started with, but from what I have heard here on RCU I wonder if they have actually delivered any of these kits to customers. If they are able to start actually delivering these kits it looks to me like they will be worth the asking price though.

Here is a pic of my Aeromacchi.

Kevin Whitlow
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	80991_5236.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	47723  
Old 05-24-2003, 05:14 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here it is in primer just prior to the first flight last year

Name:	80992_5236.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	47724  
Old 05-24-2003, 04:24 PM

Default MB339

Kevin- Great looking MB339. It Looks like I may be out of luck for now with the bigger 339's No one seems to be responding to my emails from Graupner or Jetteam, and Mr Goetz's email address is not functional...

Heres a pic. of the Graupner MB339, the scale profile is much better around the inlets....

Name:	81077_2542.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	47725  
Old 05-24-2003, 05:23 PM

www.goetz-gfk-modelle.com/

Sorry about the address try this

Brian
Old 05-24-2003, 06:04 PM

Default MB339

Brian- Thanks for the link, although I did try emailing last night via the contact email address on this site and had the email address error message come straight back. I think the listed email address is wrong?
Old 05-25-2003, 09:42 AM

Default email address

Marty have sent him your address and email link
no error message this end.

hope it works ok

Brian