Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Mako's RC Jet Club Forum/Blog >

Mako's RC Jet Club Forum/Blog

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Mako's RC Jet Club Forum/Blog

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 06:57 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mako's RC Jet Club Forum/Blog

Welcome Mako's Members and Guests

Here you can leave any comments to anyone you like, or put pictures, have fun and lets make this an awesome page, as well check here for our club meeting notes, well guys lets have fun here!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22908.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1192931  
Old 05-26-2009, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mako's RC Jet Club Forum/Blog

Hi Marvin, Excellent 2nd annual Jet rally you guys had. I went with my girlfriend my aunt and my smaller cousins and we had a blast, especially with them running after the Egg drop lol .I also attended the 1st annual too. Excellent , cant wait for the next event Thanks !</p>
Old 05-26-2009, 06:54 PM

Awesome that makes me happy like you wont believe i want everyone to have fun and we try our best to make our shows awesome, we had lots of fun and those real GA Aircraft flybys did awesome on Sunday as well and then landing!!!! I can wait for our Warbird in September and hope to see you again there as well Randy thank you for been there with the family  i promise i will do the egg drop again!!!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:17 PM

<font color="#0000ff"><font size="6"><font color="#000000">Hello everyone this is the Video I edited from Harolds and Juan Carlos Camera, i hope everyone enjoys it as much as i enjoyed the Airshow as well as editing the video</font>

http://www.vimeo.com/4989452</font>
</font>
Old 06-04-2009, 06:57 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice video especially Those full size aircraft landing &amp; taking off  [X(].
Old 06-04-2009, 09:10 AM

Yes awesome, when is the next event that you guys are havng ?
Old 06-04-2009, 11:30 AM
My Feedback: (12)

Hi Marvin,

How would one order a Mako's Jet Club tee shirt, they are very cool.

Thanks, Jim
Old 06-04-2009, 07:16 PM

Yes basimpsn, that was awesome!!!! im pretty sure our Warbird Show in September will be just as FUN!!!!!1 if not i try make it better!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:10 PM

Hey Randy,

Yes, our next event will be our Mako's Warbird Airshow in September 2009, i will post everything here as well to keep everyone posted !!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:15 PM

Hey Jim,

Thankyou sir, I love our Club Shirts, they are more like a Polot SHirt, with front pocket, right now what we have is LG, XLG, and XXLG, its $15 plus S&amp;H well let me know, i use an undershirt Cotton for hot days!!! Well thankyou and hope to see some time visiting Makos Jet Club!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 07:23 AM

Marvin, I saw that for the events theres a Pilots registration fee of $35.00.  Can you fly without being in the club while paying the fee or do you have to be in the club.  Thanks</p>
Old 06-06-2009, 02:26 AM

Hey Randy,

The $35 registration fee is for the whole weekend, the Warbird event coming up its for Aircraft, Jets and Propellers that are Military Scheme Scale only, so only airplanes that are scale to military schemes will fly, and you dont have to be a memeber to fly at our Warbird Show in September
Old 06-10-2009, 01:12 AM

<span style="font-size: medium;">Ok ladies and gents heres our Warbird Show Event September 5th and 6th 2009</span>

Name:	Kh17472.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	1215635  
Old 07-06-2009, 07:39 PM

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS"><span style="color: #ff99cc"><span style="color: #ff0099">Hello,

I have a question for everyone. I like and have gotten involved intothe RC Hobby because of my boyfriend. I have bought severaljets and planes for him whichI have learned majority of my knowledge of RCjets. Now my question is this... Isn't the planes andturbine powered jetsin this hobby considered a toy? I understand that you need to know the knowledge of how the engine works and how to fly with the wind and use the remote correctly... I also know that these jet turbines are very very expensive... but the fact that you are purchasing something to fly with a remote and just doing it for fun and play... it is considered a toy... a big man toy... not a kiddy toy that no little kid could play with... right????

Thanks

Ursie</span></span></span></p>
Old 07-07-2009, 12:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Ms.XtremeRC

<span style=''font-family: Comic Sans MS''><span style=''color: #ff99cc''><span style=''color: #ff0099''>Hello,

I have a question for everyone. I like and have gotten involved into the RC Hobby because of my boyfriend. I have bought several jets and planes for him which I have learned majority of my knowledge of RC jets. Now my question is this... Isn't the planes and turbine powered jets in this hobby considered a toy? I understand that you need to know the knowledge of how the engine works and how to fly with the wind and use the remote correctly... I also know that these jet turbines are very very expensive... but the fact that you are purchasing something to fly with a remote and just doing it for fun and play... it is considered a toy... a big man toy... not a kiddy toy that no little kid could play with... right????

Thanks

right????
Well.... I guess anything we choose to do for fun can literally be considered a "toy" also I guess, 'remote' or otherwise.
P.S. just having fun with #9

NOUN (TOY):
1. An object for children to play with.
2. Something of little importance; a trifle.
3. An amusement; a pastime: thought of the business as a toy.
4. A small ornament; a bauble.
5. A diminutive thing or person.
6. A dog of a very small breed or of a variety smaller than the standard variety of its breed.
7. Scots A loose covering for the head, formerly worn by women.
8. Chiefly Southern U.S.A shooter marble.
9. Short term girlfriend.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:03 PM

Hi Ursie,

Well to me I looked at Airplanes in our Hobby not indeed a Toy, but everyone does tell me its a "Toy, Marvin" , once one person gets into the Jets, which I consider The Most Sophisticated Miniature R/C Jet Aircraft, one does has to learn the high end of its nature, such as batteries, fuels, the right servos, the wires, the much programming its involved with the radios, now a days, in our Hobby, airplanes are getting bigger and heavier and now its more important than ever for hobbyist's to understand and make the airplane fly like the real one, as well understand its limits(see here its where i come into place WHY i don't call it a Toy) flying the most sophisticated IMO of Model Aviation (apart from Helicopters). We have Telemetry were you can monitor (not you flying the airplane but your spotter that has learned how to READ the laptop with all the info coming from the Jet itself or any other Aircraft) the temperature, in some cases the RPM, speed, height, battery voltage, and so on Ursie. I mean our hobby has an awesome amount of learning for one to do, I considerate one of the most amazing hobbies and becoming one strong attraction for friends and family visit R/C Airfields and/or events to see them fly!!! I mean its difficult not to call it a "Toy" but IMO i don't!!!! Well i hope i didn't confused you much, hope to see and answer from you Ursie and your BF is one lucky guy!!!!!!! Well anytime you guys are around in Homestead area don't hesitate to visit us

ORIGINAL: Ms.XtremeRC

<span style=''font-family: Comic Sans MS''><span style=''color: #ff99cc''><span style=''color: #ff0099''>Hello,

I have a question for everyone. I like and have gotten involved into the RC Hobby because of my boyfriend. I have bought several jets and planes for him which I have learned majority of my knowledge of RC jets. Now my question is this... Isn't the planes and turbine powered jets in this hobby considered a toy? I understand that you need to know the knowledge of how the engine works and how to fly with the wind and use the remote correctly... I also know that these jet turbines are very very expensive... but the fact that you are purchasing something to fly with a remote and just doing it for fun and play... it is considered a toy... a big man toy... not a kiddy toy that no little kid could play with... right????

Thanks

Old 07-26-2009, 11:18 PM

Hey Guys,

This is to all the members, please remember that now:
**** "We are not having any more trash cans at the field" Gary and me are tired of picking all the garbage and food left behind, please remember that we need to keep our field clean, please help us out, the metalaluminum cans yes do leave them with us Gary Recycles them

**** We have changed the key, i have very limited keys, plz if you see me on the field on Sundays don't forget to ask for a new key, Lucho will be giving more keys in the next few weeks, if you dont have a key and you want to fly on the Weekday call me up and i will tell Gary to let you in, I WILL NEED THE OLD KEY, plz very important

****We are looking to get a new roof at the club, its a bit difficult but we are trying our best guys!!!!

****WE DO NOT WANT ANYONE STARTING THEIR ENGINES on the sitting area, or were our tents used to be at, ABSOLUTELY NOT

**** Guys I'm really thankful everyone for making our Club one Heck of a place, please remember if you see a new face introduce yourself, let them know we are an awesome family place and we are here to make friends and enjoy our hobby.

****If anyone sees an spectator in the pit area or Pilots only area, plz let me know or just walk to the person and let them know its not a spot were they should be at and entertain the IDEA of how much safer it can be under the tent!!!!!

****Please to everyone pay attention to the PIcture I have posted Below when flying SOUTH EAST of our Field

****Don forget that we will be having our 2nd Warbird Annual Event in September, and we are always looking for Volunteers, last Jet Event was great an we fantastci help, I also had forgotten to Mention a big thanx to Harold Carvajal for helping Gary , sorry about that Harold

****I thank everyone for been a SAFE Pilot and calling all Landing and Take-offs outloud

****Ladies and Gents untill we can fix our roofs, please if you have a pup tent take it to the field so you can have a shade, i promised we are on the process of trying to fix into adding the tarps again, thnx again everyone

****Please I can not EMPHASIZE How important it is to make sure if anyone wears shirts with offensive words, cursing, racial comments, or such thing will not be allowed, please remember that we are a Family Oriented Club and we have lots of KIDS and and others that can get offended

****Last but not least Derrick and I are working on the Crhistmas Party, I know its to early to mention it but last year it was way to late, so plz keep and eye open so when we do get the X-mass party event out make sure everyone gets on the ball in getting their ticket, more info coming

Well my fellows members, any ideas, suggestions, comments, feedback whether Positive or Negative, lets make our FORUM page fun!!!!

Name:	Db84179.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	1244312  
Old 07-27-2009, 10:23 AM

<span style="font-size: medium"><span style=""><span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS"><span style="color: #ff00ff">Hi, Marvin

Thank you for your time in explaining me your point of view... I completely understand, my BF makes me read every manual from each plane and in the beginning it always says this is NOTATOY... LoL... I will definately take into consideration taking my BF by and maybe convincing him to join so he can have friends that share his same passion for jets and gets to learn as well... on the other hand... I DEFINATELY agree with you that it "THEMOSTSOPHISTICATEDHOBBY" there is and MOSTEXPENSIVE... but like I say if you can't beat them JOINTHEM... =o)... As how you are passionate about jets... I have to say... I am in love with Heli's especially the TREX 700... but yet I will consider it my toy when I learn how to fly it acrobatically perfect... LoL...

Again... Thank you

Ursie</span></span></span></span>
Old 07-27-2009, 01:27 PM

Hello Ursie,

Hey there , your My Hero, tell you BF to give ytou the Best Award Ever!!!! Yeah Helicopters are super cool, i now want to get into flying them since i have become very interested in FPV you know flying by camera, so i luv to try with Helicopters!!!! We have a lot of different guys at our club flying the many different type of airplanes, form electric to the turbines we are super open about any type of flying, off course as always with "Safety"!!!! Well anything you guys need help with we are here in Homestead area!!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 09:02 PM

Sup marv, Since this is my first post I figure i would represent the PROP side of makos here lol. Do me a favor and say hello to the queen when you see her, tell her to get well soon. If you ever talk to me again when i am on final i will beat you with a prop lololol. DANG did i mess up or what. O well, serves me right for being away for so long. I had an idea for the new roof. Wood! will start to build it little by little. Look into it. see ya soon.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:05 PM

Hey YOADRIAN:

Thanks for posting, man i said LEFT RUDDER!!!! Tha was fnny with Joshua he was like "Marvin" Left Rudder, lol, sorry bout that, yes i know what u mean bout the Roof, its just that if do doit out of wood it wil cost more little at a time, renting the machines and the man power help its not always there, so i got to try to do it in one shot and i know we can!!!!!!
I will tell the Queen you say hi, she was very happy to hear your back!!!!! Well i hope we get more posts in here!!!!!!
Ohhhh man you also missed the truck that flip over by the entrance!!! some 13 yr old kid driving it hawling butt!!!!! im trying to post some pics i took!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When is the early registration for the warbird opening up? should I bring the ME163B? The last time I flew it against the same size warbirds it outran them pretty bad.

Roy
Old 08-05-2009, 10:45 PM

Hey Roy,

Hey Mister, any time we can make a race!!!!!!!!, jejejejeeee, amigo mio, right now im trying to see what we can do about early registration, but so far its on Saturday Morning, but i will keep posting here, THANKYOU for posting here I hope i can get more people to post things here!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:53 PM

Hello Marvin,

I am new with Jets and bought an YA F15. Do you guys have someone that can help me with flying lessons ?
Tks
Luis
Old 08-14-2009, 10:18 PM

Hey Luis,

Thank you for the post, indeed we have plenty of people to help out, we'll be there all Sunday so if you like come down and well make you wanna FLY Every day, , heres my number 305.300.1800 call me any time you like
(and if anyone needs any assistance with address, how to get to the club, or any question don't hesitate to call me)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.