Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 US JET WORLD MASTERS >

US JET WORLD MASTERS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

US JET WORLD MASTERS

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 08:51 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: US JET WORLD MASTERS

Dewey,

Too early for RV info?

Thanks,
...jim
Old 11-22-2010, 09:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: JimBrown

Dewey,

Too early for RV info?

Thanks,
...jim
I'd be interested in RV info also. Thanks

Roy
Old 11-23-2010, 05:45 AM

Jim and Roy

This is a good question.

RV's are welcome to come to the show. We will a area for RV's to park. No hook ups will be available so bring your own generators and you will have to dump at a RV camp or truck stop. Parking your RV, trailor, etc is free of charge but donations are always welcomed Usually the main gate at the museum will close around 12:00 midnight. during that time you will not be able to come and go on to the museum property. I hope that answers your question. If you have more questions please feel free to contact us.

Dewey

Old 11-29-2010, 12:22 AM
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div>"<font size="2" face="Arial">Right now i have 6 pilots and i`m quite sure that everyone will have 2 helpers"</font></div><div></div><div><font size="2" face="Arial">Martin Lefebvre</font></div><div><font size="2" face="Arial">team manager </font></div><div><font size="2" face="Arial">Canada

Thanks Martin for the upate.....we will be asking for everyones' early preliminary registration in a few days with the publication of Bulletin # 1
</font></div>
Old 12-07-2010, 11:00 PM
My Feedback: (25)

To all attending the 2011 WJM to be held at Wright Patterson, I would like to share a little eye candy. I just received this link containing many high-res photos from a friend and it is just a small sample of the many exhibits at Wright Patterson. Bring plenty of batteries & film for your cameras. Hope you enjoy.

Ronnie

http://www.cdsg.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=381
Old 12-08-2010, 01:21 AM

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

To all attending the 2011 WJM to be held at Wright Patterson, I would like to share a little eye candy.
Wow, just Wow!

What sort of connections do you have to have to get a B-2 for a museum?
Worlds most expensive exibit? - John.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:25 AM
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: Boomerang1

Wow, just Wow!

What sort of connections do you have to have to get a B-2 for a museum?
Worlds most expensive exibit? - John.
Well, in this case, being the agency that payed for its development and bought all of the 21 that were built helped!

The USAF museum is a most-see for sure. Anyone coming from overseas should stop for a day and take in the Udvar-Hazy museum at Dulles too.
[link=http://www.nasm.si.edu/museum/udvarhazy/]http://www.nasm.si.edu/museum/udvarhazy/ [/link]

Bob
Old 12-08-2010, 09:33 AM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Countryboy

Bring plenty of batteries & film for your cameras. Hope you enjoy.

Ronnie
Film? what is film

I think it was already said above, Wow! would love to get there some day, some selection of aircraft.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:48 PM

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

I think it was already said above, Wow! would love to get there some day, some selection of aircraft.
And that's not even all of them... it takes two or three days to really see everything.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

ORIGINAL: Countryboy

Bring plenty of batteries & film for your cameras. Hope you enjoy.

Ronnie
Film? what is film

You really should put a visit on your bucket list. I need to get to the museum more often since it is only a 2 1/2 hour drive. The people attending the WJM 2011 event that have never been to the museum are going to be in for a real treat. The place is like an aviation time warp.

These excellent photos are courtesy of Mr. Roger Davis. Thank you Roger !!!

Old 12-24-2010, 06:03 AM

Ronnie
Thanks for posting Roger Davis's photo gallery on this thread. Those are some great pictures. You can see that this museum is not just US aircraft. The beauty about coming to the JWM in Dayton is because it will be a learning experience for all. Even people that live in this area doesn't know anything about aviation and the History of aviation in Dayton. Take a look at our Jet World Masters Web Site and see our updates. We have changed our sponsor package to a lot more appetising to everyone. You will also see our New sponsors that will be attending the event.

King Tech USA

Greene County CVB

Noble Solutions

Shulman Aviation

AMT Nertherlands

We are working out some final details with some large RC Magazines. I will be posting more details about them once details are final.

[link=http://jwm2011.com]Jet World Masters[/link] and also join us on [link=http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=105463609512690&v=info]Facebook[/link]

Dewey

Old 12-27-2010, 06:07 PM

Hello everyone

We are just over 7 months until the Jet World Masters. The National Museum of the United States in Dayton, Ohio has been working extremely hard alongside with the organizers of the competition to make this a well-organized and fun filled event.

We are proud to announce a new addition to the team of organizers for the Jet World Masters. Lewis ( The General)Patton is going to be the CD for the open jet flying portion of the event. Lewis brings a lot of Jet experience to the event. Lewis runs the well-known Jet Over Kentucky. His event is in its 7th year of existence.

So far it looks like open flying will be available on July 28- 31 and also August 4-6. We may add a day or two to the open flying, but that is contingent on the progress of the competition. If the competition is on or ahead of schedule, we will possibly add a day to open jet flying. The open jet flying will start after the competition flying stops for the day. Open jet flying should start around 5:00 pm and end at dark. We will be updating our website with more information about our open flying. We encourage all you jet pilots to come and attend the open jet flying.

During our lunch break, We will have demo flying from event sponsors and also from some selected individuals. The demo flying times will vary from approximately 1-2 hours a day. This will give modelers an opportunity to see new and upcoming products, and also it will give our interested spectators something different to see. Some of the demo flying will consist of aerobatic demonstrations, heli's, pylon racing, and an opportunity for the interested RC'er to try their hands on a trainer.

We have revised our sponsor level package. If you are interested in supporting the Jet World Masters please feel free to email Roger Shipley or myself for more information about opportunities to support such a event. We have been receiving great support for this event so far from great sponsors. Here is a list.

1.National Museum of the United States Air Force

2. AMT Netherlands

3. Kingtech turbines ( USA)

4.Greene County CVB

5. RC Sport Flyer

6. Noble solutions

7. Shulman Aviation

These are just a few of the companies that will be at the 9th Jet World Masters. Information will be updated as we receive it.

Thank you for your support

Dewey
Old 12-31-2010, 04:50 PM

Happy New Year to everyone.

We are starting a new year and things are looking really good. I wanted to announce our Newest sponsor and vendor to the Jet World Masters. Jet Central has join us along with the many others sponsors. We are also talking to many other companies that are interested in supporting the event. Like I have been saying from day one. This is a educational experience for anyone and everyone. The Museum has so much to offer and the local area is just so rich of aviation. The Newly paved 7000X 150 runway is another huge plus for this event. I have made a slide show presentation that talks about the museum, and also some of the local attractions in the area. PLEASE DON'T LAUGH at the video because it is very unscripted.LOL.. I will try to post this slide show on YouTube and Facebook in the next day or two.

Thanks to these sponsors

2. AMT Netherlands

4.Greene County CVB

5. RC Sport Flyer

6. Noble solutions

7. Shulman Aviation

8. Jet Central

We are going to have Sponsor demos, and open flying in the evenings. Greene County and Montgomery County CVB's are helping with our local attractions and activities for the event. We hope to have a charter bus available to take some people back and forth to the different parks and tourist attractions.

Post more later

Dewey

Old 01-01-2011, 03:25 PM

Dewey,

Glad you like the photos. Here are a few more from the Roger Davis collection.

Can't wait for the upcoming JWM to mingle with the top builders & fliers in the world.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:11 PM

Yes I do enjoy the pictures. I am actually a old airplane kind of guy. I really like the 1920- 1940's aircraft. I have a friend that is restoring a 1917 J-1 Standard that was flown by the famous Barnstormer Johnny Miller.The plane is a work of art. My friend has 9 old antique aircraft in his personal collection.

The JWM is coming along very well. Deb McGraw is going to be our Media relation contact for the event. Deb will be collecting information from companies that will be attending the event from Magazines, new papers, TV, and etc. We will post the media Registration form on the web site in the next couple days.

The Dayton Airshow starts on July 23- 24 at the Dayton International Airport. For those that would like to travel into town early can always enjoy the Dayton Airshow. It has been many years since I attended the airshow but it is a few hundred thousand spectators that will attend the Dayton Airshow. I know the United States Thunderbirds are scheduled to come to the Dayton Airshow this year, so it would be worth it.

Dewey

JWM2011.com
Old 01-01-2011, 06:36 PM

Know what you mean Dewey. Next time I'm in Troy for training, I hope to visit the Waco museum. Lot of history there also.

http://www.wacoairmuseum.org/
Old 01-04-2011, 01:41 AM

Hello Everyone

Back in May, David Thomas,Teresa Montgomery and I drove up to Columbus, Ohio to visit with O’Neil Tents. This company is family owned and operated. One of the many required items for hosting the Jet World Masters is to supply a climate controlled pilot tent. So we went to Columbus to visit this company and see what their company could offer us for the Jet World Masters. We were very impressed with their product and customer service. One of the owners of the company met us and showed us the facility and all of their products they could offer. He had a meeting with us for an hour or so and then proceeded to take us to the Ohio State Stadium in Columbus, Ohio. I have haven't been in this stadium since I ran in the state track meet back in 1992. A lot of things has changed since then. This is a tent that he showed us. I forget the dimensions but you can see that it was huge. This tent was set up for a private event that had Racial Flatts playing live inside the tent. Our Tent will have the same structure as this tent and close to the same demensions. We will have air conditioning to keep you all cool during our July season.

We are currently talking to some very substantial sponsors for the event. With your donations and sponsorships for this event, we will have one of the coolest Radio Controlled events ever. You will not find a place in the world that will have this much aviation. It's just not possible.

The museum has put in a formal request to have the United States Thunderbirds to come and do a fly over during the event. We hope to see that on the schedule in a couple months. We will definitely let you know something if we hear anything about that.

Lots of demo flying from some of the best Jet, aerobatic, and Heli RC pilots in the world.

The biggest and oldest Military museum in the world! 400 aircraft on display. 244 acres. Newly paved 7000X 150 runway..

Antique bi- plane rides at the Greene County Airport. 1929 D-25 New Standard bi -Plane rides. Carries 4 passengers at a time. The front seat is so big that you can have a party up front.

Open Jet Flying in the evenings for any and all Jet Pilots. You don't have to be in the Jet World Masters to just enjoy the Jet World Masters. Come and burn your own jet fuel. This portion of the event will be ran by Lewis Patton from Louisville,KY... Lewis taught me how to fly turbine jets. He is a great CD and he will run a great flight line.

Media personnel, Deb McGraw will be the POC. We just updated the website with a media registration form. This form will assist us with having a idea on who is coming and also so we can have a package made up for you ( Name tags, pilot info, schedules, and etc).We will also post some more information about rules and regulations for the media. So far we have RC Sport Flyer as a Platinum sponsor, RC Flyer has shown interest in attending the event along with 2 European magazines. SKS has committed to coming to the show for all your video needs. We also have a number of photographers very interested in seeing this Jet World Masters. Deb will be busy with distributing our updates to the museum PR department and all the media avenues that will be attending. You should start seeing ads in magazines in the next couple months.

For all the families that might attend the show. The National Museum of the United States Air Force has 2 very large malls within 15 minutes. King Island Amusement Park is only 1 hour drive. This Park is one of the best in the country for roller coasters. Cedar Point is 3.5 hours away and it is the best roller coaster park in the country.

All hotels are within 15 minutes from the museum. Thanks to the Greene County and Montgomery Convention and visitors bureau. They have worked extremely hard to plan for your accommodations while at the Jet World Masters.

That’s about it for now. Just to let you all know that we thank our sponsors for supporting such a great competition/ event. We are working extremely hard on making this a great experience for all. I have been in aviation for 28 years and I have a passion for more than just the hobby. I have a passion in teaching people about aviation. I have been going to local schools and summer camps in the Dayton area for the last couple years to help with Radio Control aircraft and to talk about aviation in general. I truly feel this is what kids and adults need. Henry Noble from Noble solutions is a sponsor of the event because he is a friend and most importantly he believes in teaching. He is a Dayton City School teacher that I have help start a model airplane program. I donated a Old Goldberg eagle 63 kit so his kids could build a model airplane in class. John Nagle from the local Dayton hobby shop ( RC Hobby Center) went into the classes and help finish 2 trainers. Henry Noble is going to have his students display their high school built airplane at the Jet World Masters. That is what this hobby is. We have all started there and, progressed to be whatever we do for a living or hobby.

Our sponsors will have demo time to show their new product and to also display it at the event. This is a great opportunity for any of you on the fence buyers to come and see a certain product up close.

Thanks to these sponsors

2. AMT Netherlands

4.Greene County CVB

5. RC Sport Flyer

6. Noble solutions

7. Shulman Aviation

8. Jet Central

Come and enjoy the 9th Jet World master. Everyone is welcomed

Dewey

JWM2011.com
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75784.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	1542120   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi22102.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	1542121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ci98188.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1542122   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bu57876.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	1542123  
Old 01-05-2011, 03:00 PM

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">David Brawly has volunteered to be out Contest Director, aka Goose, for the Demonstration Flying. He will be living on the Museum property in his BIG trailer therefore available to manage any special/personal flying requirements dawn till dark.</font></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Thanks Goose forjoiningour team, Roger

</font><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">US/JWM2011</font></p>

Name:	qo40816.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	614.5 KB
ID:	1542847   Click image for larger version

Name:	vt57482.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	809.8 KB
ID:	1542848   Click image for larger version

Name:	vs55680.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	780.3 KB
ID:	1542849  
Old 01-05-2011, 03:34 PM

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Hello:

I think that you forget put the "welcome! " in the third most spoken language in the world.

The spanish !!!

I hope you accept my suggestion. Best regards from Spain and good luck to the competitors.

Carlos.

Name:	Db85198.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1542889  
Old 01-07-2011, 07:24 AM

Hello Everyone

I hope all is well for everyone. We are updating our website almost everyday, so make sure you check the website every so often to see new news for the Jet World Masters. I am working very hard contacting companies for more support of the event. We will be posting some new information about our newest sponsor some time early next week. We can't thank our current sponsors enough for their support. Without their help, the Jet World Masters couldn't happen. So thank you very much..

Thanks to these sponsors

2. AMT Netherlands

4.Greene County CVB

5. RC Sport Flyer

6. Noble solutions

7. Shulman Aviation

8. Jet Central

I am including a link of a video that I shot back in November. My friend and I shot this video at the National Museum of the United States Air Force. It's very unscripted, but it is totally me. It's my personality for sure. I have information about the museum and also some information about the Jet World Masters. I hope you find the information helpful and a good selling point to attend the show.

Check us out on [link=http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=105463609512690]Facebook, Jet World Masters 2011 group[/link]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0_zFL2Jay8]Jet World Masters Video[/link]

Thanks

Dewey

JWM2011.com
Old 01-07-2011, 03:47 PM

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey Dewey,
Great video!! I'll see you at the JWM!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:21 PM

Hey Mark. I'm glad you like the video. With my current job situation it will not allow me to do any more video's but I will try to do a few more slide show over the next couple months. We are taking every avenue to promote the event. I will look forward in seeing you in July if not earlier. Thanks for keeping up with the threads. We will have some new and really cool information in the next couple days.

Dewey

JWM2011.com
Old 01-08-2011, 01:47 AM

Hello Everyone

Earlier today I posted a couple youtube video's. One was a video and the other was a slide show presentation that I made for you to view. I Hope you find the information helpful. As you can tell, We are really focusing on selling you to the fact that the National Museum of the United States Air Force, The local attractions in Dayton, Our Supporting Sponsors, and the hospitality from your organizing committee will make this Jet World Masters very special. Having a competition at a location like this is something very special and also having the surrounding CVB ( Convention and Visitors Bureau) as involved as they are to make this even more special.

Since the event is held on federal property we are not allowed to charge for any parking or admission of spectators, so that leaves us with depending on donations and sponsors to support our event. This has been a long and difficult process for all of us. 6 months ago I felt like I could pull all my hair out. Probably 2 months ago I think I might have.LOL... Since then things has really been full speed ahead and looking very good. Our sponsors has stepped up huge to support the 9th Jet World Masters. We are still in communications with many hobby, and corporate companies that are interested in supporting the event, which will benefit everyone. We are posting our new sponsors of the event on our website, RCU, Facebook, and another place we can think of when they commit..

We want to announce our newest sponsor and supporter of the 9th Jet World Masters.. [link=http://www.aviatorwatch.ru/en/aviator/]AVIATOR[/link]wristwatches, Aviator has been a huge supporter for the past Jet World Masters and they are continuing their tradition. We thank Aviator, and all of our other sponsors for making this possible.

Here is a list of our current sponsors

1.[link=http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/]National Museum of the United States Air Force[/link]

2. [link=http://www.amtjets.com/]AMT Netherlands[/link]

3. [link=http://www.kingtechusa.com/]KingTechUSA[/link]

4.[link=http://www.greenecountyohio.org/]Greene County CVB[/link]

5. [link=http://rc-sf.com/]RC Sport Flyer[/link]

6. [link=http://noblesolutions.org/]Noble Solutions[/link]

7. [link=http://www.shulmanaviation.com/]Shulman Aviation[/link]

8. [link=http://www.jetcentral.com.mx/english/]Jet Central[/link]

9. [link=http://www.aviatorwatch.ru/en/aviator/]Aviator[/link]

Here is the Jet World Masters video I made at the NMUSAF [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0_zFL2Jay8]Video[/link]

Here is the Slide Show about the museum and local attractions.....[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgBx7i8ByMI]Slide Show[/link]

We hope your planning your summer vacation in Dayton, Ohio and at the 9th Jet World Masters.

Thanks

Dewey Davenport

[link=http://JWM2011.com]Jet World Masters website[/link]
Old 01-12-2011, 03:42 PM

Hello Everyone

Just to give you a Update on something with the JWM. Our website has the Media registration form up for you to download. Any Magazine, Newspapers, TV, Photographer, and etc, Please feel out this form so we can have you a welcome package together for your arrival.

Lewis Patton is going to be running the open jet flying in the evenings. I am sure most of you know Lewis from the many jet events that he attends over the year. Lewis is also the organizer of the very popular Jet Over Kentucky Week. We have been thinking about how we can make your Jet Over Kentucky and Jet World Masters advantageous to you as a modeller. This is what we came up with.

If your aircraft is in a crate and you're attending Jets Over Kentucky, we'll ship it to the Jet World Masters in Dayton, Ohio for free. This way you can attend both events. You will have to take care of your shipping from the Jet World Masters to your final destination. Jets Over Kentucky is in it's 7th year of fun filled flying for a whole week. Then pack your plane up and have it taken to the Jet World Masters for another couple weeks of jet flying and vacationing in the birth place of aviation. Dayton, Ohio

1. Fly at jet Over Kentucky

2. Pack you plane in a crate

3. Go to the JWM at the National Museum of the United States Air Force

4. Enjoy the JWM, Demo flying, and Open Jet Flying

5. Pack up your Plane

6. Pay the cost to ship crate from Museum to your final destination

Here is a list of our current sponsors

2. AMT Netherlands

3. KingTechUSA

4.Greene County CVB

5. RC Sport Flyer

6. Noble Solutions

7. Shulman Aviation

8. Jet Central

9. Aviator

Here is the Jet World Masters video I made at the NMUSAF [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0_zFL2Jay8] Video[/link]

Here is the Slide Show about the museum and local attractions....[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgBx7i8ByMI]Slide Show[/link]

We hope your planning your summer vacation in Dayton, Ohio and at the 9th Jet World Masters.

Thanks

Dewey Davenport

Name:	Ig13084.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	1546536  
Old 01-12-2011, 04:28 PM

Well I am on may way to the annual International Jet Modeling Committee meeting in Rheinbach, Germany to report on the progress of our Jet World Masters.
The agenda is:
1-The Budget
2-Venue Layout
3-Sponsor's Tally
4-Sponsor Logos
5-Sponsor Levels
6-RC Sport Flyer
7-Pre Registration
8-Organization Chart
9-Event Schedule
10-Cash Flow

Have uploaded items #4 a picture of our current Sponsor's Logos

Sure hope ATL is open as I have a direct flight from there to Dusseldorf where Winnie is picking me up.

Will report on the meeting when I return next week if they keep the rubber down?

Name:	us54274.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	1546556  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Om33571.pdf (548.4 KB, 29 views)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.