Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Durostruts on the Bobcat >

Durostruts on the Bobcat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Durostruts on the Bobcat

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Durostruts on the Bobcat

Hi David Gladwin, Got my retracts and struts for the Bobcat today. You will like the way the Durostrut works. The only thing you have to do is to notch the door-speedbrake for the wheel, because when the weight of the plane collapses the strut, the tire will hit the speed brake. Other than that, all good. Should improve the handling as well. Bill Harris
Old 04-03-2002, 09:03 PM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bobcat Durostruts

Guys, I also upgraded my Bobcat to Durostruts. The other thing you have to do (besides notch the drag brakes) is to not remove the lower wing landing gear cutouts. The laser cutouts are positioned for the wire gear, and don't fit the new strut position. The openings have to be moved slightly to accommodate the Durostruts. It is a simple mod, but you can save some work by gluing the cut outs in place before you remove them, and then make new openings to accommodate the new struts. BTW, the Duro struts are super and very high quality - I'm really glad I decided to make the upgrade. Hopefully, BV will offer this as a standard option from the factory in the future.

Regards, Les Morrow
Old 04-03-2002, 10:04 PM

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Durostruts on the Bobcat

Thank you guys. My Durostruts were supposed to leave the factory about ten days ago so look forward to receiving them very soon. Really will improve the BobCat to perfection. I really do enjoy mine, so easy to transport so easy to operate and an absolute delight to fly.
BRG,
David Gladwin