RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Evader or Stampede?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 04:27 PM
My Feedback: (123)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evader or Stampede?

Hi,
I do planes and helicopters... I know nothing about quality RC trucks. The wife said buy the 9 year old an RTR electric truck. She's looking at Nikko stuff for $50 but I know better!!!
So I'm torn between the DuraTrax Evader and the Traxxas Stampede. My local dealer recommends the Stampede (he's got one in stock) due to durability. He has in the past had the Evader as well. He also caries replacement parts as well. So while I respect his opinion, I look at the specs from Tower... The Evader has ball bearings, aluminum shocks, and a 1 year stress-tech guarentee. The Stampede has bushings, plastic shocks, virtually no warrenty.
What am I missing here?
I like the additional ground clearance and the truck tires on the Stampede...

Regards,
From a rookie truck buyer!!!!
Old 12-02-2003, 05:00 PM

Default RE: Evader or Stampede?

Looks like there's quite a bit of info using the search engine. I'll start there.
Old 12-02-2003, 05:13 PM
My Feedback: (23)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a nitro evader bx that is new. I neee a MT that's why i'm selling it. 12 tanks. ! yr warranty on all plastic part. 2 years on motor. purchased 11/22/03. Asking 215!
Old 12-02-2003, 05:53 PM

Well, the stampede is a great car. It has more avalibility of parts and hopp-ups. While the Evader. Still a great car doenst have a great amount off hopp ups. The stampede looks kooler than the evader and has tons of ground glearance!! SO if your an off roader go for that car!! BUT
If you want more speed out of the box then you should go with the evader. But heres the downside
I HAD an Evader. And I liked it lots! BUT the amazing speed out of the box was to much for the stock parts. YOu will probably have that problem with the Evader of broken parts. I would get the stampede. it has a 20mph speed out of the bax and takes ramps buy a storm!! And if he gets used to the Stampede upgrade the motor!! The motor that comes with the car is a 20T and about every Turn you go up you will gain more speed!
Old 12-02-2003, 06:14 PM

In reply to what milkmachine said, he said that the more turns (higher the moter number) the faster. That is incorrect. The higher the turns the more tourqe and lower the turns the more hp and speed

GO WITH STMAPEDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Old 12-02-2003, 06:15 PM

i would get a evader i have broken 2 parts in the 2 years i have had my car.If you want a more truck look get some mashers and there ya go.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:16 PM

sorry my bad! I got confused! yes the lower the turn the faster them motor and the more RPMs and the higher the motor gives you more RPMs but less torqe. Usually stock motors are used in Electric Touring cars.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:39 PM

ORIGINAL: **MilkMachine**

sorry my bad! I got confused! yes the lower the turn the faster them motor and the more RPMs and the higher the motor gives you more RPMs but less torqe.
you mistyped it higher turn less RPMs and more torqe.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:46 PM

o srry theres the ups and downs to all motors and it gets me confused!!
lol
Old 12-02-2003, 07:41 PM

ORIGINAL: **MilkMachine**

o srry theres the ups and downs to all motors and it gets me confused!!
lol
lol i understand i gewt confused a little too ounce and a while with motors.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:55 PM

I say go with the Stampede. I've seen many electric Evaders run, and most of them broke in the first couple laps. There were a few stragglers at the back of the pack who were lucky to even finish the race. Yes the Evader has teh cool warranty..I can tell you now you will be using it every other week.

The Stampede doesn't offer as many features out of the box, but the ones on the Evader arent that great. The shocks on teh Stampede leak a little after time, as do the Evader. The Evader shocks have the cool looks factor going for them.

The Stampede will take anything you throw at it. If you get the RTR version, let him get used to the truck for awhile with the stock settings. After he has mastered it stock, upgrade the truck with ball bearings and some lighter wheels and tires. Dirthawgs are a great choice. You will be surprised at how much these 2 items will make the truck come to life.

If you plan on upgrading the electronics,I would put in a Novak Rooster ESC and Trinity Chameleon 19 turn motor. The 19 turn will give your son great speed and power, but wont drain his battery down fast. I would rather have a truck that gave up a little speed for runtime.

The lower number of turns on the motor, the more RPM it will reach. The number of winds around the armature (single, double, etc) will define torque. Generally a lower wind will give you more torque, but the higher wind will give you more power at higher RPM.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:38 PM
My Feedback: (1)

duratrax stuff usually seems high quality, but in reality its quite cheap. My 16t esc performs great, but ive had to send it in twice for repairs so far, once reverse stopped working and the other time the light worked but it sent no power to the motor. the stampede would be a better vehicle, it is tough. Its also more fun, it does wheelies and donuts well.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:28 AM

go with a rustler 2.5.

philip
Old 12-03-2003, 04:53 PM

The rustler 2.5 is Nitro. He wants Electric.
Again I say the Stampede!
Old 12-04-2003, 07:31 PM

Today I pulled the trigger and ordered the...

[8D]STAMPEDE!

Thanks for your help and tips fellas!