Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Fantom 18 - AAUUGGHH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fantom 18 - AAUUGGHH!!!

Right now I just need to vent....

I ran through 1st tank couple weeks ago. As always with new engine, you have to tune it where it will stay running. Today was going and try to do the 2nd tank.

Man did I get frustrated. Everytime I stop or hit the break the engine shuts off. AAUUGGHHH!!!! So I stopped messing with it, and will do something with it this weekend.

My wife has been frustrated because she can not run her TMaxx until i am done. But so far from what I can tell, this thing has some serious power. I put the shocks back up to factory ride height so it will wheelie easier. In the small area I was in it did try to pick the wheels up off the ground. Just having some frustration tuning this thing.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:21 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Fantom 18 - AAUUGGHH!!!

Sometimes you just need to walk away for a little while. You'll get it, breaking in engines is one part of the hobby that I can do without.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:26 PM

yeah - I just broke in a Force 25 - I was surprised with the low end that thing has.... Can't wait to take it out and really let it open on a long straight to see the top end.

Sometimes though the breaking in is part of the enjoyment, even though it gets frustrating at times. My wife just wants to be able to run this thing. I not done the second tank on break in yet on the Fantom because today i had trouble keeping it started. Now I remember why I used to do electric instead.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:05 AM

my guess is that your idle is to low and your throttle trim is higher. u need to turn your throttle trim left and increase the idle on the truck. my t-maxx did that too. since the throttle trim is higher then the idle when u apply the break it closes the carb more adjust the idle with the break ON. hope i helped
Old 12-06-2003, 06:42 AM

Yeah - It will be a while before I mess with it. Figure maybe sometime next week. I just wanted to vent when I posted this.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MitchTmaxx

my guess is that your idle is to low and your throttle trim is higher. u need to turn your throttle trim left and increase the idle on the truck. my t-maxx did that too. since the throttle trim is higher then the idle when u apply the break it closes the carb more adjust the idle with the break ON. hope i helped
Exactly, you beat me to it, very well said!!