Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

KEEP IT CLEAN

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KEEP IT CLEAN

My last post got me thinking... does anyone have any pics of there trucks after a few months/years of use? I see all these SHINY pics of new trucks

but, I wanted to see how clean its possible to get your truck after some serious mud boggin'.

Any tips on keeping your truck squeaky clean too?
Old 05-26-2004, 05:17 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: KEEP IT CLEAN

use the dynamite spray cleaner. it works the best, better than trinity nitro blast (by far!!).
Old 05-26-2004, 05:28 PM
My Feedback: (4)

My truck has been to hell and back and still looks great. Of course, I DO go through bodies, but $25 later I have
a brand new looking truck again.

Compressed air is VERY helpful. After mud boggin, you can remove the electronics, spray the chassis down w/ water, dry it with compressed air, spray the chassis w/wd-40 and dry with compressed air again. This works fine week to week.

Every now and again when you have some time, break the truck down and clean it all...
Old 05-28-2004, 10:06 PM

I have only had my ss long enough to put a 1/2 gallon threw it. I have probably gotten it just as dirty as the next guy (not everyone Ive seen pics of your nasty trucks) lol! I always take about 5 min before I am ready to put it to bed for the night and scrub what i can with an old tooth brush. When it gets relay nasty I take the gas tank out so that i can get to the motor better and the Chase, take the wheals off and scrub and clean everything. When I'm satisfied I put wd-40 on a rag and whip down all metal/alloy parts I can and it usual takes me 35 to 45 minuets, I am sum what anal when it comes to getting things the way I wont them, but thats just me. I actual riped my bro a new one because his t-maxx was so disgusting and I made him clean it. Now that he has, he does it all the time because it is simple and it is taking pride in something that you have spent $$$$ on and your self.

My 2cent thanks for listing
Old 05-31-2004, 02:56 AM

Dale Gribble is so right about the air compressor.IMO anyone with a nitro rc should have one.I dont use any kind of ready made nitro cleaner.I did buy one can but its not any better than air and some elbow grease.My routine is to blow the worst off w/air and then use a product called orange lightning cleaning cloths.They are in a tube like armor all wipes and are great at taking off nitro residue,dirt,etc.They can also be wrapped around a scrub brush or toothbrush to get into small or textured spots.I use about three or four if the truck is really dirty. After this I previously used armor all wipes but have since switched to the wd-40 method.I hose that stuff on all the plastic stuff,let it sit for a second and then blast it off with the air compressor.When I'm done it looks almost new.I also put the body in warm soapy water and wash it that way.After its all done it looks great.The body may be a little beat up but it sure is clean.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:49 AM

the WD-40 will help alot i sprayed all my elec. pick up truck with WD-40 now its so shiny.and its 6 years old it still drive so well
Old 05-31-2004, 11:10 AM

hear is my pick up 6 years old still drive like BAD BOY never chaneged the tire and wheels and never break any thing
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57709.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	138068   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33868.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	138069  
Old 05-31-2004, 12:15 PM

congrats. ...However ...Nitro is a little bit different.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:56 PM

I use regular rubbing alcohol from W**mart, its cheap and works every bit as good as the $7 spray cans from the hobby shop or auto store. I get a 32oz bottle for 94 cents and a spray nozzle from a garden spray bottle or windex or whatever screws right on the top perfectly. Spray down all the gooey bits real good and put it in the sun to dry, or blast it with compressed air if youve got it.

Just be sure to re-lube your ball cups after cause solvents eat at your grease/oil.[:-]