Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
 How Waterproof are monster trucks? >

How Waterproof are monster trucks?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

How Waterproof are monster trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Waterproof are monster trucks?

I am new to the r/c world, I was wondering how waterproof are monster trucks?

Bob
Old 06-25-2004, 04:25 PM

Default RE: How Waterproof are monster trucks?

Not very until you do this- http://wisconsinnitro.com/index.cgi?...=viewnews&id=8

Most of the electronics in r/c cars aren't sealed off from the rest of the world so water canmake its way in there and damage them. Thats why you need to plasti dip them! ALso, air filters from the factory do a good job of filtering out dirt particles but not mudd or water. You need to get something specifically made for water and mudd. I forgot what its called but Kyosho makes it. All it does is cover your air filter in a certain way to keep mud and water out. And thats about it. HOwever keep in mind water and mudd may mess up bearings, metals(rust), and other transmission parts.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:34 PM

ORIGINAL: sweetmaxx

Not very until you do this- http://wisconsinnitro.com/index.cgi?...=viewnews&id=8

Most of the electronics in r/c cars aren't sealed off from the rest of the world so water canmake its way in there and damage them. Thats why you need to plasti dip them! ALso, air filters from the factory do a good job of filtering out dirt particles but not mudd or water. You need to get something specifically made for water and mudd. I forgot what its called but Kyosho makes it. All it does is cover your air filter in a certain way to keep mud and water out. And thats about it. HOwever keep in mind water and mudd may mess up bearings, metals(rust), and other transmission parts.
Thats exact how u do the water proofing, about that filter u were talking about here it is i think http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDTN0&P=7 i have it on my GT and its AWESOME for mud and water.[8D]
Old 06-28-2004, 08:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The receiver is the most moisture-sensitive piece. I have ruined a number of good receivers until I learned to seal them up somehow (I usually use plastic bags, tie-wrapped). Most servos seem to be very water-tight, right from the factory.

After a day of racing at the off-road track my vehicles usually look like a giant piece of dirt. I usually remove the engine and receiver and spray the vehicle down with cleaner, then I hose it all of with water, blow dry, and WD-40 everything.