Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

LOSI LST / REVO PERFORMANCE

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 04:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LOSI LST / REVO PERFORMANCE

Hi, I have seen some people posting here about how the Revo can beat the Losi LST, some of these guys were going on about how much faster the Revo is performance wise to the LST with out having any facts.

XTREME RC, aug 4... Revo test... weight 9 lbs., 7oz.

RADAR TESTED TOP SPEED 38.8 mph @ (at) 250 feet

XTREME RC sept 4... LST test... weight 13 lbs.

RADAR TESTED TOP SPEED 39.2 mph @ (at) 240 feet

It is easy to see that if you were to shed some weight off of the LST that there will easly be even more performance coming out of this kit. Even at the stock 13 pounds the STOCK LST would beat the Revo in a drag race... WITH NO PROBLEMS
Old 08-14-2004, 11:28 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LOSI LST / REVO PERFORMANCE

youd also be racing a modified bigblock against a stock smallblock... yea... umm duh.... i hate to say it but anyone can say soemthing like this and it doesnt mean much, its all about the driver and the handling on the track.... speed can often get you in some bad situations but whatever

wicked
Old 08-15-2004, 01:53 AM

Hows it a "stock smallblock"? Isnt that motor supposed to be powerfull for a .15? If anything the Mach .26 would be the stocker, throw an RB .28 in there and youll see what modified means.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:49 AM

Hes right its still a stock small block. I recently brought a Revo. It was a tough choice because an LST was sitting right next it. They both had some great features. The Lst wasn't that heavy for its size and I really liked the radio and the shocks. It has a pos engine,but you cant get everything in a RTR. The Revo was just as impressive, but it has a POS radio. Both trucks have had some minor issues but the Revo has had nothing that a small modification or quick trip to the hobby shop cant fix. I didn't want a truck that I would have to sit on the shelf for a month waiting for parts(Genesis). It just came down to one factor, when i get tired of this trucks set up, which one will I be able to find the most modifications. Revo!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2004, 09:40 AM

Just one minor comment about your post popa71, in that the Mach 26 engine that comes with the LST isn't really crap, for its price of course, it's actually amazing.

At [link=http://beta.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN0888]$129[/link] it puts out power rivaling $300+ engines, to the tune of almost 3 horsepower. That's more power than almost any other RTR monster truck out there, minus maybe the EK4.

I'm not saying your choice to get the Revo was wrong, I think the Revo is awesome and plan to get one around christmas time to complement my LST here.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:39 AM

The mach 26 is a POS. I would rather see an XTM 24.7 in it. Thats more of a quality engine at a cheap price. That hp rating is garbage!!!!! Like I said though that really doesnt matter with a guy like me because it would be out of the truck within a month. My Revo will have .21 in it by october!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2004, 11:48 AM

ORIGINAL: creyc

Just one minor comment about your post popa71, in that the Mach 26 engine that comes with the LST isn't really crap, for its price of course, it's actually amazing.

At [link=http://beta.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN0888]$129[/link] it puts out power rivaling $300+ engines, to the tune of almost 3 horsepower. That's more power than almost any other RTR monster truck out there, minus maybe the EK4.

I'm not saying your choice to get the Revo was wrong, I think the Revo is awesome and plan to get one around christmas time to complement my LST here.
The EK4 engine only puts out 2.2hp son.
Old 08-15-2004, 12:04 PM

if the revo had a picco .21 or a wasp .18(not sure if theyll even fit without mods to the engine mount, and i think its the wasp .18 maybe im mistaking) it would seriously own most of the modified bigblocks. earlier when speaking of modified bigblock i meant modified truck its still a stock engine, against a smallblock without mods. im not bashing the LST its a good truck but at the same time you came about || close to bashing the revo with how your comments came off sounding. personally i like the mammoth and the revo the most right now(also the xtm xfactor looks really good for a rock crawler if you can keep it running steady at low speeds) but the LST isnt that far behind.

wicked
Old 08-15-2004, 12:37 PM

ORIGINAL: popa71

Hes right its still a stock small block. I recently brought a Revo. It was a tough choice because an LST was sitting right next it. They both had some great features. The Lst wasn't that heavy for its size and I really liked the radio and the shocks. It has a pos engine,but you cant get everything in a RTR. The Revo was just as impressive, but it has a POS radio. Both trucks have had some minor issues but the Revo has had nothing that a small modification or quick trip to the hobby shop cant fix. I didn't want a truck that I would have to sit on the shelf for a month waiting for parts(Genesis). It just came down to one factor, when i get tired of this trucks set up, which one will I be able to find the most modifications. Revo!!!!!!!!!!
A little biased eh'? lol. I'd say the trx 2.5 is more of a POS then the mach. I have only heard like 1 complaint about the mach .26 in the LST.
Old 08-15-2004, 01:02 PM

ATTENTION... If anyone here is saying the MACH .26 is crap then you are also saying the XTM 24.7 is also crap... because they are BOTH coming from the SAME manufacturer in Taiwan. I have many of both engines and many parts can be interchanged.

btw, some people can bs all they want... the FACT remains that the RADAR TESTS from XTREME mag show that in STOCK form, the LST is FASTER and QUICKER then the REVO... so those of you that have been BSing about how much better or faster the Revo is to the LST should WAKE UP!!!
Old 08-15-2004, 06:20 PM

The REVO is better than the lst just not faster.I think you've just posted this thread to cause trouble because if your a racer speed is'nt everything
Old 08-15-2004, 06:28 PM

ORIGINAL: tristy

The REVO is better than the lst just not faster.

AH! lol... it's always nice to get all the FACTS straight from all the Revo f... , I guess all us other guys that don't have this Revolotionary toy are just not worthy and I guess that there is NO OTHER maufactuer in the world that could ever make a toy as good or "Revoutionary" as Traxxass[sm=bananahead.gif]

BTW, where I come from QUICKNESS and SPEED!!! is EVERYTHING in RACING.[sm=lol.gif]
Old 08-15-2004, 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: tristy
if your a racer speed is'nt everything
A good point.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:41 PM

ORIGINAL: The Boss

ATTENTION... If anyone here is saying the MACH .26 is crap then you are also saying the XTM 24.7 is also crap... because they are BOTH coming from the SAME manufacturer in Taiwan. I have many of both engines and many parts can be interchanged.

btw, some people can bs all they want... the FACT remains that the RADAR TESTS from XTREME mag show that in STOCK form, the LST is FASTER and QUICKER then the REVO... so those of you that have been BSing about how much better or faster the Revo is to the LST should WAKE UP!!!
Ummm, your saying speed and quickness is everything? lol.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:46 PM

sorry Mxracer45, you lost me???
Old 08-15-2004, 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Mxracer45

A little biased eh'? lol. I'd say the trx 2.5 is more of a POS then the mach. I have only heard like 1 complaint about the mach .26 in the LST.

Sounds a little biased!!!!!!!! Your pissed cause I got a Revo!!!!!!!!!!!Your saying my post is biased cause you wanted me to buy an LST. Read the words you must have trouble comprehending english!!!!!!!!!!!I listed what I consider strong and weak points about both trucks. Read the last line smart guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard the same crap from the MGT guys when I brought a Mammoth!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2004, 10:02 PM

Then I guess a Nissan Sentra is as good as a Infiniti G35!!!!!!!!! Boss(In regard to the mach 26 and 24.7 comment)
Old 08-15-2004, 10:18 PM

The guy who pointed out the EK4's HP at 2.2. Yes, its 2.2, but it has a heck of alot more torque than any engine out there. It is geared much higher, which not only allows it to keep up with most trucks, but it still has more low end even with the high gearing than any truck out there. learn the difference between HP and Torque before you speak, son.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:55 PM

the mach .26 is sweetass, but you should always open it up and clean the metal shaving form it, this should be done with all engines because you will always find somthing. if you put a fantom fr.18 in the revo then it would own the lst, maby not as good of accel but the speed would be higher. the revo already owns the lst in the corners.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: N-Rusty17

if you put a fantom fr.18 in the revo then it would own the lst, maby not as good of accel but the speed would be higher. the revo already owns the lst in the corners.
The Revo don't own pooh and I dought the Fantom .18 makes much more power that the trx .15, the fact is they are small block "kiddy" engines and most of todays .21+ size big blocks will KILL !!! them in power. I suspect if you got the LST weight down to close to the Revo the LST would TOTALY KILL!!! the oveR in all ways, fact is playing with small .15 engines is about the same as...[sm=thumbup.gif]

Most 21+ size engines are far superiour to .15 engines and the Traxass .15 is just a copy "wannabe" big block WITH OUT the grunt![:'(]

Fact is the LST !!!BEATS!!! the revo in TOP SPEED and gets to TOP SPEED FASTER!!! according to Xtreme magazine's RADAR TESTS
Old 08-15-2004, 11:23 PM

Is that why a stock t-maxx 2.5 smokes most other trucks except the Mammoth!!! I dont care whats bigger, just whats faster!!!!
Old 08-15-2004, 11:29 PM

Is that why a stock t-maxx 2.5 smokes most other trucks except the Mammoth!!! I dont care whats bigger, just whats faster!!!!
Maybe because you are somking something???, I don't know what you are talking about... EVEN the old school 14 year old designed NITRO THUNDER KING race truck will BIG TIME... SMOKE, KILL, EAT, DISTROY the Revo, so whats so Revo about the Revo when a 14 year old design can KILL IT!!!.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:32 PM

The mach 26 is a POS. I would rather see an XTM 24.7 in it. Thats more of a quality engine at a cheap price. That hp rating is garbage!!!!! Like I said though that really doesnt matter with a guy like me because it would be out of the truck within a month. My Revo will have .21 in it by october!!!!!!!!!!
Well thats funny that thermal put his XTM 24.7 pro in his LST and he said he didn't notice any increase in speed or power. I love the mach .26 its so easy to start and tune and has alot of torq i can even wheelie in reverse. All i can say is that i wonte be upgrading from the mach .26 its got all the power i need. And the TRX is garbage i heard so many complaints about that engine.

The REVO is better than the lst just not faster.I think you've just posted this thread to cause trouble because if your a racer speed is'nt everything
Ok now this really makes me mad.. Maxx guys always came back to savage guys and said well the t-maxx is faster and made a big deal out of speed. And then when theres a faster truck you guys turn around and say big deal speed doesnt mean anything?? Why do you traxxas guys gotta think there trucks are always the best? And can never admit it when somethings better.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:25 AM

Then I guess a Nissan Sentra is as good as a Infiniti G35!!!!!!!!! Boss(In regard to the mach 26 and 24.7 comment)
I know what you mean popa71... is like comparing the Revo to trucks like the NITRO THUNDER KING, MAMMOTH and LST, the Revo just don't cut it compared these kits, I agree with you Nissan Sentra=Revo to Infiniti G35=LST. We all know LOSI builds race worth products unlike the beginer toys of Traxas. Good comparision lol
Old 08-16-2004, 02:25 AM

Seriously Traxxas does suck...

I hate all these fanboys, how can you compare a sentra to a g35...they arent in the same class. A better comparison would be a 350Z and a G35 coupe. I dont understand how you can just say that the Mach .26 is crap when its the same thing as your beloved XTM 24.7...are your duties as a fanboy masking your ability to seperate fact from fiction???? Seriously POPA get your stuff together because you are making yourself sound like an idiot. If you feel bad about buying a REVO you dont have to come here and talk about how its the best thing that came out of RC, saying its the best wont make it the best. So if thats your problem then just stop talking, if you actually think its the best then wake up. Just because you own a certain thing doesnt make it THE BEST.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.