Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here
View Poll Results: A poll
The Jato will rule them all
40.91%
Jato stands for Just A Total uhhh... piece of crap!
29.55%
it will only be as good as the other cars in its class.
29.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Traxxas Jato?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Jato?

Who here thinks that the jato will be as good as it is made out to be? wil it beat all the cars in its class, like the RC10GT and the Nitro Evader, MT, etc?
Old 03-09-2005, 04:24 PM

Default RE: Traxxas Jato?

Prepare for the flame war my friend.

The Jato will beat anything in its class as it comes but the other trucks in its class dont have 2 speed trannys.

No one...and I mean NO ONE knows what this truck will be or how durable it will be. We just have to wait and see. I will be buying one. I have a older duratrax so its time to upgrade and the only reason Im picking this one over a RC10GT or evader is beacause it is a newer model. Also with the 2 speed and the low clearance its a perfect match for me cause I run on asphalt and I dont race. Traxxas is a good company just like duratrax and associated they are all proven companies in my book. Its not like we are comparing Associated to Smartech or something. Im sure this truck will be able to hold its own with the big dogs, I dont know if it will be the best though, no one does and those that say it will suck are just guessing. As for me I will own one the day they arrive at my lhs, but I got it like that,Im a grown *ss man!!
Old 03-09-2005, 04:32 PM

I just want the tires...

But if its good race wise then i might consider owning one...have to give traxxas company another chance after owning the nitro 4-tec.[:'(]
Old 03-09-2005, 06:11 PM

i heard the traxxas' are hard to work on and this doesnt look any different....unless you wont have to work on it
Old 03-09-2005, 07:10 PM

getting one ASAP.

P.S. icrashthings- ya i do agree with you about the nitro 4-tec but u should definately give traxxas another chance. the revo and t-maxx are awesome.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:48 PM

what was wrong with the 4tech?
Old 03-09-2005, 08:51 PM

since mine was bought used, it had alot of probs..and im still fixing them and its makin me mad... [:@]
Old 03-09-2005, 09:59 PM

The JATO is not legal to race with in the 2WD ST class. It sure does sound like the perfect 2WD ST basher though!

I may get one after they have been out for a few months so there is time to show any build flaws.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:51 PM

i looks like an awsome truck im planning on buying one... i hope its a good basher
Old 03-10-2005, 03:17 AM

I think it'll be a good truck in its own right. It has plenty of features I like, but my GT is enough stadium truck for me It's already decided that my next money guzzler, er, RC vehicle, will be a Losi LST.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:47 PM

i just watch the video of the JAto it is pretty fast . The chart showed that the JATO was the fastest in its class comapred to AE.Team LOsi,kyosho,evader etc. THE top speed is like 54-55mph somehwere around there.JUst go to the traxxus website and go to products it will be there. I think its more like a bashing car then racing. IT IS OFF THE CHAIN THOUGH[sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 03-11-2005, 10:58 AM

That chart is garbage... It is compairing a 2.5 traxxas engine, with 2.8 inch wheels, and 2 speed tranny... to normal single speed stadium trucks with normal 2.2 inch wheels.

Put two speeds and 2.8 wheels on a RC10GT, an Evader, or any other stadium truck and I can promise you the JATO wouldn't have the highest top speed or the best excelleration.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:18 AM
My Feedback: (18)

Glad someone mentioned that. tires size will easily distort top speed numbers.

http://www.waits.net/public/rcgears/

install that program and play with the math.

I plugged in stock RC10GT numbers - 2.60 transmission ratio, 66T spur, 15T clutch bell. I entered a random 34,000PRM figure. 4" tires is estimated at 35mph, 4.25" bumps that 2mph. This program factors in about 3/8ths" for each inch of tire diameter to compensate for the tires expanding under accelleration. Go to mashers at 4.9" and the top speed estimate goes up to 43mph.

Now understand this is all assuming that the engine can still turn 34K with the bigger tires - but if you're only looking for all-out top end in a big parking lot in a straight line, then the engine might be able to get the truck up to speed. voila - you have an insanely high top speed quote!

Old 03-11-2005, 01:15 PM
My Feedback: (1)

It's already been raced. I voted it as being equal which it looks to be.

Steve Slayden: (only one who has one)
"The Jato worked great last weekend. There were quite a few entries in Expert gas truck, and the track was very difficult which leveled the field even more. I managed to qual at the top of the C, just missing the B (something like 17th or 18 overall).

I didn't get much practice with the truck because I was also running three other classes!!! LOL!!! I know it's crazy, but I can't get enough of RC racing. I enjoy all of the classes, so it's hard not to want to race them all.

The good news is that the Jato improved with each time I ran it. The track was very slick, so I worked on finding a good slick track set-up. Steering and handling was excellent. Once I find a good set-up for getting power to the ground a little better, it will be dialed!

Also, it's important to note that I was running a pretty hot .12 (OS .12TR) with a slide carb. Most fast gas truck drivers run more mellow .12 engines and barrel carbs to take the "edge" off. That attributed to much of the traction issue on this partular track - but, for now, it's the only engine I have.

Side note - We did very well with our Revos. I TQ'd the Unlimited class, and Alan Shivers (our service manager), you may know him as Johnny Ringo, won the Standard MT class. It was awesome."

Im sure it will do fine in competition. It looks much better then the rustler. I plan on racing mine. Maybe Ill do a Jato vs. Rc10gt thing. Because I have a rc10gt.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:17 PM

I think traxxas should have gone with a 4wd stadium truck. They had already made a fast 2wd truck. They are basically doing what they did to the revo as what they do to the rustler, except not as improved as the revo improved the tmaxx. They definatly should have made a 4wd stadium truck instead.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:39 PM

Personally i think they should have went towards something more race ready out of the box. THey already have a pretty good basher truck, but this JATO will need a new engin and trans just to make it ROAR leagal. Is the chassis ROAR leagal? must be. Also, what did that guy(the only one who owns one) have in it. signle speed with a .12 or is it not real truck racing, i mean like open class. I cant get enough of the front tires. what modle are they again? i guess only time will tell on the JATO, lets hope it lives up to the hype. All i know is they must have pulled off something good if it can really handle good at 55mph.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:16 PM

walker does have a point. it is not race legal and it is a 2.5 motor[sm=punching.gif]
Old 03-11-2005, 08:29 PM
XDD

I want the wheels and tires for my N-Evader, lol. Everything else they can have...
Old 03-11-2005, 11:42 PM
My Feedback: (25)

It is a Traxxas, It will not stand a chance. Not durable enough. although it looks pretty good.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:01 PM
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: craig_78

The JATO is not legal to race with in the 2WD ST class. It sure does sound like the perfect 2WD ST basher though!

I may get one after they have been out for a few months so there is time to show any build flaws.

i love how alot of places i check say this is teh best st racer and stuff but its not even legal to race...it just makes me laugh and if one of my friend buys it who says he will for racing...i will just point and laugh

but it looks cool but not for me, dont like traxxas only truck i liek is the revo and i rather fork out a lot of money for a 1/8th than that thing
Old 03-13-2005, 12:09 AM
My Feedback: (25)

Why isn't it race legal?? The engine??