Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

JATO

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JATO

The 4wd two speed/reverse nitro monster truck replaced the 2wd electric truck? Woah, where is your track, sounds interesting! The revo was hardly revolutionary, it has some different ideas on it, but it doesn't seem to work better or worse than any of the other designs out there. As for putting "all that new techonology" on a ST, there is no new technology anywhere on the revo, and certainly nothing revo'ish on the jato. Its just another r/c vehicle, big freakin deal.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:18 PM
My Feedback: (3)

the Revo WAS revolutionary to the world of monster trucks...but only because it used inboard shocks like 1/8 on road cars, lol..
Old 04-11-2005, 03:19 PM

I meant the nitro stampede. And most of the technology on the JATO is new, its adopted from the Revo. The stock revos have been shown to beat a full blown .15 maxx by over 1.4 seconds... thats a lot of realty on a track lap after lap! I also predict ICT will make a comment on it just to be heard.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:22 PM

omy![sm=surprised.gif]
Old 04-11-2005, 03:26 PM

Wow i couldnt be any more correct than that lol.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:27 PM

hmmmm...pics of your t-maxx yet? Or atleast some of the damage the previous owner gave you?
Old 04-11-2005, 04:30 PM

At any rate
when is the Jato supposed to actually come out?
Old 04-11-2005, 06:33 PM

I think two speed and larger shocks will make a definite improvement over the Losi and Associated offerings. If you really want to race the truck, it can be made competitive with the options available.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:24 PM

I think too many people over-value the word "revolutionary." I mean comon guys... its a nitro truck. We're thinkin 1/10 scale here... so tune down your thoughts of revolutionary to a 1/10 scale. These things are small.. there is NOTHING they can do to them to make you say "OH MY GOSH SO FRIGGIN REVOLUTIONARY!!" If there WERE something crazy like that.. it would be flammed for not being a real st truck or something. With these nitro's.. in my opinion.. if even the placement of a simple shock is enough to prove some consistent faster lap times, or durability.. or something like that.. then it's revolutoinary. It might not look like a huge difference to the naked eye.. and might certainly look like something anyone else could do... but did they do it? Nope. You can't hold it to such a high standard.. i mean what do you want? Some hybrid nitro car with airbags to cushion your battery box or something??
Old 04-11-2005, 08:31 PM

Seriously, the only mod IMO that you can make to a car that will make your lap times more consistent is PRACTICE.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:14 PM

ThunderbirdJunkie - Release was mid april according to a magazine.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:49 PM

i know, but it's tax time and there's no dang Jato on the shelves:|
Old 04-11-2005, 10:22 PM

Traxxas is not on the ball with their release dates!! my truck is STILL in pieces. What was once march is now april... i need front bulkheads!
Old 04-11-2005, 10:35 PM

what bulkheads?
just go to www.acncm.com
Old 04-11-2005, 10:46 PM

Traxxas has them backordered on the tmaxx. OH, i am DOWNGRADING from aluminum... cant stand the ones that are on it.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:46 PM
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: rccars411

Quit speaking for everyone because I almost never agree with you. Not many people care if you have to make a dig at someone for making another Jato thread. I dont see anyone else making a comment about that either! Now I see why they added the ignore member feature.
I dont care what you think. ignore me, i dont care.

Anyways, Jato seems like any other new ST, we know little about it, and im sure all the lhs will stock up on them like hot cakes.
u can speak for me anyday about the jato, it gets annoying when people say o the jato is gonna be crazy, its the best racer...etc etc, and not too many people knwo much except it is a oversized st that hist like 58mph...soo once it s out and u drive it then u can say that but i think traxxas is a company that still needs to get some better products...their mt's are great but nothing to much to show for with their other classes
Old 04-12-2005, 06:28 PM
My Feedback: (2)

I just read up on the jato and I have to say it is pretty cool! But I don't think it will make a good racer. First of all it would cost a fortune by the time you got it ready to race! And even race ready it will still be a heavy truck!! Also the a arms are pretty fragil looking. Some things I do like though is the captured ends and the little retainers that go over the ball cups!! That is a very cool idea. I just don't get it though, they advertise this as a race truck, but everything about it is illegall! I wonder if they forgot to look at the rule book? Also there doesn't seem to be alot of shock placement options. I guess we will have to wait for a couple of people to buy them and race them to know how good it is. I personally could care less about a magazine review. I mean when was the last time you saw a completely negative review? lol
Old 04-12-2005, 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: hondapride59

their mt's are great but nothing to much to show for with their other classes
They haven't released anything but mt's... this is one of their first releases in a long while that isn't an MT.
Traxxas has a RACE model coming out, or so they say (roar legal out of the box)
Old 04-12-2005, 09:45 PM

Aside from the Revo, it's their first release in what, 5 years?
Old 04-12-2005, 10:48 PM

Stadium trucks... hasnt the rustler been out longer than that? 5 years seems too young
Old 04-13-2005, 10:49 AM

I don't believe the trunks is any heavier that the others. If the transmission and tires are made legal this truck could surprise everone. If I recall Traxxas won some National events in the early 90's.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:22 PM

Nineties are already five years ago. The Revo as good as it is can't beat the TNX, you know Tamiya the company that everyone here at RCU wants to question their quality?

Associated has a great STs but their MT is a dud. Every company has there good and bad vehicles, let the market decide what is best. If it is good and wins at the track - then people will buy it.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:31 PM

It is a suprise that the TNX is bursting the bubbles in MT racing. They haven't invaded my area yet... but the Asian Invasion of the TNX is bound to happen. Maybe a "PRO" model of the REVO to come out soon to 1 up Tamiya? Its weird, cuz I always seen Tamiya as a "toy", rather than a hobby grade company.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Grantothismo

Associated has a great STs but their MT is a dud.
There isn't anything wrong with the MGT....the engine is under powered but thats about it...besides, everyone always upgrades the stock engine. [&:]
Old 04-13-2005, 04:54 PM

I didn't say anything was wrong with it, just around here they do not sell -at all!! If you do not have a Revo or an LST - we do have one guy running a TNX - pretty wicked, then you have bought the wrong truck. Some guys are trying to use there Savages, but they are getting a little long in the tooth.

As a comparison the HPI Rush is a fine vehicle, but you never see them at a race. Just my point that the market is a good indicator of what is truly a good vehicle and what is not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.