Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

OFFICIAL HPI RUSH / EVO THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL HPI RUSH / EVO THREAD

Yes me too. They are hard to find and even harder to get too.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:56 AM

Bad NEWS! I blew my headlight gasket And truck WONT RUN NEED HELP????
Old 03-04-2006, 11:01 AM

My hobby shop that I go to can order the freaking alluminum rear brace thats so stupid
Old 03-04-2006, 11:22 AM

Headlight gasket's are hard to find. I tried to order one from the lhs and they looked at me like i had 3 eyes.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:40 AM

I went to HPI they sell a combo headlight gasket and muffler bearing (2 prone parts to break but the hardest to change & find) they want 250.00 LMAO
Old 03-04-2006, 04:31 PM

so, i'm new to the whole internet lingo thing, what does "LMAO" stand for? i've got the basics, like IMHO, LOL, etc, but some of these puzzle me, like roflmao. i know it's rolling on the floor laffing, but i can't for the life of me figure out what the "mao" stands for. this probably sounds really stupid to you guys out ther, but someone please enlighten me
Old 03-04-2006, 06:05 PM

roflmao = rolling on floor laughing my ass off
Old 03-04-2006, 07:16 PM

I just slapped the [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXGGP7]O.S. .18 CV-RX w/11J Rotary Carb [/link] in my OEM Nitro Rush, using [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXCLR3]these mounts[/link]. I had to place a small shimming washer between the flywheel and pilot shaft, just to get the pilot shaft to tighten down, but that's it. One hour install, two hour break-in. She is running sweet, a BIG change from the stock .15FE, which never made it through a tank of gas without dying. Gotta love OS!
Old 03-04-2006, 07:20 PM

Gotta Love those .15 FE's Strong motors, WHEN ON THE SHELF!!! ROFL
Old 03-05-2006, 08:39 AM

Has anyone else had 80815 snap on them? I know people say if you're not breaking it you're not running it but i think that HPI take the p*ss somewhat. I had a rustler for years and the transmission never broke, not once. I've had an evo rush for about 2 months now and the differential shafts have snapped twice and now my CVDs have too. I happen to work for an engineering company designing components and looking at a lot of HPI parts it's clear they are designed to break, the CVDs being a classic example. Sure the shaft looks nice and thick but where the securing pins locate the material is woefully thin, and now i've snapped one you can see clear week points within the'cup' this can't be an oversight and there are numerous parts on the car that are similar. The same could be said about a lot of pretty aftermarket parts that don't fit together! I want a rush that can take some serious hits and bounce back so i'm going to get some parts made myself, if anyone else is interested please let me know, the more people who get involved the cheaper they'll be.. I'm starting with CVDs but who knows where I'll end up. Feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-05-2006, 10:29 AM

Tiger had his break too, mine are fine, not a problem one. Ive briken many other parts and even bent the 2.5R exhaust header yesterday, didnt faze them or anything eles. So far mine have been great, but Ill keep everyone posted and let you know if mine break.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:52 AM

I must have gotten a good one. the only part i broke was the diff gears and that was my fault. i don't see any substantial weaknesses in the dogbones, other than where the shaft goes about 1/4 mm thinner before the ball end. as far as suspension parts go, i've had a few (okay quite a few) really awkward landings (like landing on one front wheel from 4-5 ft in the air, on pavement, in cold weather), and no parts have broken. it would be nice to have more adjustment available, like camber links and turnbuckles, though.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:09 AM

Nascar what did i break? Its super early here or I just had a late night LOL.

*edit*
Ahhh see this is why I don't nor ever have used CVD's I use Universals Nascar
Old 03-05-2006, 11:41 AM

LOL
Old 03-05-2006, 03:44 PM

Just got my evo rush 2 , just finished the set up and all checks run it around the street think ive set it up ok does anyone have any tips to keep it runing good , im new to the nitro cars , only used elec before now, is there any clubs in cardiff(wales)
any reply would be helpful thanks
Old 03-05-2006, 07:16 PM

keep the temp between 200 to 260. Get you a temp gun, dont try the spit test on it. Run it like you stole it, the ittle rush is a pretty tuff little truck, Ive enjoyed mine. Might look into a set of tires, I tore the stock X treaded tires up in about a week. Moab are good for grass and bashing around, bow ties for the race track.
When it come time for a new steering servo, get a good hi torque one, ball bearings and all, about 40 bucks. Your going to need one, the plastic one will peter out on you.
Out side of that, I just tricked my rush just because. I never broke alot of thing, still have the stock A arms and towers.
Stop reading this post now and go out bashing.[:@]
Old 03-05-2006, 08:18 PM

Amen, brother
Old 03-05-2006, 10:43 PM

I second that Nascar... I wish I ran my car today weather was beautiful high of 42f Ran for like 15mins but did alot of video taping nothing to exciting... just some Traxxas playing in the snow and going off a few ramps... But outside that MY RUSH WONT HOOK UP! I have diff springs in & I havent even leaned the 18ss out yet and with those meaty Proline dirt hawg... Just spinning the hell out of those things... LOL Moabs I think I might try next but not sure... I tried running the M compund tires (road tires) LMAO better heat the road up to 100f before those stick LOLOL well guys
Talk to you later
Old 03-06-2006, 12:40 AM

what pipe should i use on my rush evo
Old 03-06-2006, 03:10 AM

what universals are you using tigershark?
Old 03-06-2006, 06:08 AM

cvev make good pipes, about 40 bucks.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:58 AM

tiger, what surface are you running on? the moabs are no good when it comes to packed snow and ice. they're okay on the pavement, but they really shine on grass and loose dirt. and they are even somewhat useful on light powder with a packed snow base, 'cause they have something to grab onto. just take a run goin in and don't stop, cause you'll get stuck. must be nice to have such warm weather! we're still below freezing up here in the great white narf, so i don't run my truck too often. CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:22 AM

Im Using HPI Universals, Not CVD's.... There great not one compaint Yet. But for some reason no one likes them. Just goto tower hobbies and search HPI Universals I believe there for an MT2 rear. I can get the part No. If you dont find them but I'm at work right now. I run mainly right now due to snow on paved surfaces... But the road is still very cold, so im guessing thats why I have no tracking.
well TTYL
Old 03-06-2006, 05:59 PM

whew, love those moabs. the field right beside my house is still snow-covered, so i tried taking a run out there just now, and wow, was it fun. the truck was throwing huge rooster tails in the shallow powder, and hitting about 20 mph (give or take, estimated), and going through fuel like mad, too. ran it out of fuel a few times by accident, i was only getting about 10 min/tank because of the constant med-high revs to keep the tire spin and momentum up.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:33 PM

I like my moabs as well, great in the grass and dirt, never real had a chance to run it in the snow, heck, only had on chance to go sledding, and I did. I cant get the moabs to hook up on the pavement though, must be to much torque. But the moabs are the best bashing tires Ive bought so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.